Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the best wallet for Zcash?  (Read 200 times)
Elisaly (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:29:41 PM

Hello guys

i am beginner in mining and i start to mine zcash on my 1060's using jaxx as a wallet but i see a lot of warning about it so i looking for the best wallet for zcash which will be more safety

also i can't use hardware wallet .

so any advice and i am very thankful for you . 
jaromiradamek

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:45:23 PM

Hello guys

i am beginner in mining and i start to mine zcash on my 1060's using jaxx as a wallet but i see a lot of warning about it so i looking for the best wallet for zcash which will be more safety

Im mining ZEC too, used Jaxx as you too, but after rumors just installed official ZEC wallet for Windows and working great as any other wallets (BTC/LTC/etc). Synchronize all blocks and working great, only transactions cost 0,001 for network plus 0,001 for wallet developer. Try it, you will be satisfied.

BTW you will not mine so much with 1060, just buy 1070 or 1070Ti,  Im buying 1080Ti and working just great... With one 1070 I made like a 0,01 per day and half only
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:49:45 PM

Recommend installing the official ZEC wallet as well. I have been using it with no issues for months. I have heard the same issues with Jaxx in the past and in general I try to keep an official wallet for every coin I plan to mine to ensure my coins are as safe as they can be if I plan to hold for a longer period of time.
Elisaly (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:57:39 PM

Hello guys

Im mining ZEC too, used Jaxx as you too, but after rumors just installed official ZEC wallet for Windows and working great as any other wallets (BTC/LTC/etc). Synchronize all blocks and working great, only transactions cost 0,001 for network plus 0,001 for wallet developer. Try it, you will be satisfied.

BTW you will not mine so much with 1060, just buy 1070 or 1070Ti,  Im buying 1080Ti and working just great... With one 1070 I made like a 0,01 per day and half only

i will using 1060*6 don't worry

what official zec wallet if you talk about zcash4win i not use it till now and afraid to not easy to use it
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:59:27 PM

zcash4win is the one I use and I have had no problems downloading and setting it up. What issues are you having with it? You just need to open it up and let it fully synchronize and when it catches up all your transaction history should be available.
Elisaly (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:04:52 PM

zcash4win is the one I use and I have had no problems downloading and setting it up. What issues are you having with it? You just need to open it up and let it fully synchronize and when it catches up all your transaction history should be available.

just still downloading ....

in zcash 4 win can restore my jaxx wallet or XX wallet to it

or just make new wallet and star from beginning
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 04:32:51 PM

I'm mining ZEC just for testing but yes, I'm using Zcash4win. It's quite easy to use, but sometime I have to change the screen resolution to see what changing in the wallet.
Elisaly (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:19:46 PM

I'm mining ZEC just for testing but yes, I'm using Zcash4win. It's quite easy to use, but sometime I have to change the screen resolution to see what changing in the wallet.

after installing it zcash4win tolde me that it is not official wallet for ZEC !!
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:28:58 PM

That's because there is no official GUI wallet for ZEC. It's a 3rd party wrapper that sits on top of the Zcash command line client.
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:33:29 PM

I'm waiting on Exodus to move Zcash out of beta.
Once that is done I will move it to there or as plan B just buy a ledger nano s
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:32:13 PM

That's because there is no official GUI wallet for ZEC. It's a 3rd party wrapper that sits on top of the Zcash command line client.

^^^This.

In addition to that, there are currently no plans to provide Windows support for the official client.
https://z.cash/support/faq.html

I would just stick to the official client on Linux.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

You did the correct thing about Jaxx. It is useless, it lost alot of my mining transactions Sad for zcash im using the ledger nano. I cant recommend anything other than a hardware wallet and sleep good at night.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: