Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2024, 08:06:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Software Distributed p2p Bitcoin Memory Poker Client  (Read 873 times)
Daily Anarchist (OP)

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 02:49:45 AM

I'm pissed off this doesn't exist.

I know there are a lot of people that want this. How many people would be willing to crowdfund this? I know I would, because if we ever get it it would mean RAKE FREE POKER. Hell, I'd drop a thousand or more Dollars on this.

How do we go about getting this done? It seems like we need to get a great bunch of developers to make it, which requires their time, which can be incentivized with money.

I've never done a kickstarter before. Is there anybody that would know how to make this happen?Huh?

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:19:44 AM

Perhaps one could be created with a distributed p2p network just like bitcoin. The network would be a massive distributed database of the poker hands and the miners would compete to order the network. Their reward would become an effective "rake" just like bitcoin's transaction fee. This would force rake to the lowest level possible and undoubtedly be lower than anything offered by private enterprise. Of course this would incorporate bitcoin as the game's currency.

Daily Anarchist (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:23:17 AM

Perhaps one could be created with a distributed p2p network just like bitcoin. The network would be a massive distributed database of the poker hands and the miners would compete to order the network. Their reward would become an effective "rake" just like bitcoin's transaction fee. This would force rake to the lowest level possible and undoubtedly be lower than anything offered by private enterprise. Of course this would incorporate bitcoin as the game's currency.

Hallelujah!! 

And the poker hand blockchain would only need to only need to be around for a few minutes. Bitmessages only last two days. For poker, the hands would only last a few minutes, I assume.

Somebody, rescue us!

Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:26:57 AM

...bitpoker?

Daily Anarchist (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:31:15 AM

...bitpoker?

That's the name of an abandoned project. Memory Poker would be a better name, I think.

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:39:42 AM

The issue that I cannot overcome is it would require blocks to be formed at an incredible rate.... Perhaps a more feasible project would be a sports betting exchange since games start and end over longer periods than dealt hands of poker. 10 minute blocks would be fine for a sports betting application of the same concept.

Daily Anarchist (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:42:09 AM

The issue that I cannot overcome is it would require blocks to be formed at an incredible rate.... Perhaps a more feasible project would be a sports betting exchange since games start and end over longer periods than dealt hands of poker. 10 minute blocks would be fine for a sports betting application of the same concept.

Well, I'm not a developer, so I'm the wrong person to be chiming in. I just know there are a lot of people who want memory poker to be built. I want a fundraising effort created so I can donate some cash.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:20:12 AM

Open source, multi-platform? (Windows / Mac / Linux) ? And probably a text only console version, and other developers are free to make GUI front ends.

Chess engines are just raw engines with raw data output / input. The same could be made for poker.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: