Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain’s New Competitor, DAG, Aims to Lead the New Era of FinTech Evolution  (Read 83 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:55:59 PM

Blockchain is a game-changing technology that aims to disrupt markets worldwide, however, Blockchain tech isn’t the only technology with groundbreaking potential in the field. DAG (directed acyclic graph) is one of the main competitors to Blockchain technology. Unlike Blockchain, DAG is a new technology without blocks, miners and expenses on mining itself.

New technology with huge potential

While Blockchain is a distributed database that has records about all transactions made, and all written in blocks, DAG uses another system to ensure similar features. In DAG, every new transaction verifies one or more previous transactions, resulting in a structure that is a finite directed graph with no directed cycles.

Read more: https://coinidol.com/dag-aims-to-lead-the-new-era-of-fintech-evolution/

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:58:12 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 06:24:00 PM by MoonIsBlue

DAG does have a lot of potential, we shouldn't forget that all this blockchain and crypcurrency is all very experimental.

We are headed towards a basic currency for worldwide purpose. A world currency, just like we have seen the EU unite under the Euro we could potentially see the world unite under a new currency that is a virtual one. It makes sense. It wouldn't mean all currencies dissapear but rather a umbrella type of structure would appear with the virtual currency at the top.

But i'm still unsure as I'm not very up to date with this and I hear strong arguments from both sides.

Apparantly IOTA isn't decentralized and I hear weird stuff like IOTA's being held hostage by the devs.

I think the most important question in my mind is does Tangle or DAG tech have the some capabilities as Blockchain? I don't really understand DAG myself.

But what makes Blockchain so great is that it doesn't have to be used for just currency, it can be applied to everything in our daily lives. Tracking consumer products, license and certifications, Dapps, gaming and much more. I suppose it can, just assuming. But can it?

Is Blockchain more versatile than DAG?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: