Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I met a man today seeking $5M in VC for an invention.  (Read 571 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:19:04 AM

This guy stopped by today to purchase some barn wood from me. After completing the sale, we rapped for a while. He told me his brother patented an invention and was about to secure $5M in VC.

The invention is a device to automatically open a/the garage door when the CO2 reaches a certain level. The door(s) can not be closed unless the CO2 level is safe/normal. Why the fuck didn't any of us think of that?

I asked him the price point of said device, whereupon he informed me it'll be in the $30-$50 range. The prototype set him back $180.

Totally fuckin' amazing!

Then we spoke about Bitcoin. The last time I turned somebody onto Bitcoin, he put $10K(?) into Bitcoinica. He's still waiting for his money of which is tied up in Mt Gox. Hopefully, this guy doesn't stumbled upon BitFloor III.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:10:10 AM

Who needs their Garage closed anyway?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:04:04 AM

You'll want to check for Carbon Monoxide not Carbon Dioxide.

Also this exists already.

http://garagedoorguyblog.blogspot.de/2011/01/carbon-monoxide-detector-signals-garage.html
citboin

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:17:43 PM

I was wondering why my garage door keeps opening every time I have a soda pop!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 06:55:53 PM

You'll want to check for Carbon Monoxide not Carbon Dioxide.

Also this exists already.

http://garagedoorguyblog.blogspot.de/2011/01/carbon-monoxide-detector-signals-garage.html

I was only off by one mole.  Grin

That's the guy! It was his brother, Steve, that I met.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-vole/29/96/247 Second Chance is the name of the company Steve mentioned.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:00:33 AM

The invention is a device to automatically open a/the garage door when the CO2 reaches a certain level. The door(s) can not be closed unless the CO2 level is safe/normal. Why the fuck didn't any of us think of that?
Because nobody wants to explain to their insurance company how the burglar managed to unlock the door from the inside with nothing more than a length of hose attached to the exhaust of their getaway vehicle? But don't worry, I have a solution. It's a device that allows gases to escape through a tube that is too narrow for a person to fit through. I call it a "ventilation duct". Please give me $5M to develop this idea.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: