Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:39:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ding Dong! The Bubble-burst is done! $90-95 is the new normal  (Read 7948 times)
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:13:58 PM

LOL, there will be many false calls that the 'new bottom' is in on the long journey to the real long term bottom.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
granolageek

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:19:22 PM

There is no telling how much volume will be generated as more and more people start buying their regulated medications with bitcoin and street dealers become less available.

Gee, someone else who's noticed that even if you have a valid prescription, the Silk Road price is the same as Wal-Mart, and no sane person actually wants to go to Wal-Mart.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:25:15 PM

LOL, there will be many false calls that the 'new bottom' is in on the long journey to the real long term bottom.
Google trend for "buy bitcoins" looks like it hit the bottom:
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22buy%20bitcoins%22&date=11%2F2012%2010m&cmpt=q

Note how the influx of people interested in buying Bitcoin kept relatively high even after the bubble.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:41:42 PM

im witnessing a spike in price and buys. will it continue is the question. IMO it will be 120  in a few weeks. 3-4 but who am I to say, just a speculation. if we keep seeing these negative things and problems ie- SD sell then ya it could not get that high.  If things get left alone and the markets just goes on its natural course I do believe that 120 is very probable.

but im just a loan wolf  Tongue
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:22:43 PM

Experience tells us that a bubble has only collapsed completely when nobody is calling it.

Therefore the decline will continue for a while...

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:13:39 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 02:50:32 AM by MAbtc

Nah.
Look at your data more closely. Everyone says final capitulation in a bubble should be on high-volume. The high volume in 2011 was at the end, in 2013 it was at the start, when it got to the 50s.
What an odd assumption. Curious as to what possible argument you could make in favor of this. I mean, is your argument basically that we won't see high volume again, until we do? And when we do, it won't be capitulation? Why? I don't see it.

If we saw capitulation, as you say, why the downtrend after the wave up from 50? Looks a lot more like a dead cat bounce then, doesn't it? If you cater to the theory that capitulation = bottom (only buyers left), then it's pretty unlikely that capitulation happened over 7 days, followed by an 8-day bounce, followed by a 3-month downtrend which has not ended.
Yep.  Cheesy
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:21:34 AM

Nah.
Look at your data more closely. Everyone says final capitulation in a bubble should be on high-volume. The high volume in 2011 was at the end, in 2013 it was at the start, when it got to the 50s.
What an odd assumption. Curious as to what possible argument you could make in favor of this. I mean, is your argument basically that we won't see high volume again, until we do? And when we do, it won't be capitulation? Why? I don't see it.

If we saw capitulation, as you say, why the downtrend after the wave up from 50? Looks a lot more like a dead cat bounce then, doesn't it? If you cater to the theory that capitulation = bottom (only buyers left), then it's pretty unlikely that capitulation happened over 7 days, followed by an 8-day bounce, followed by a 3-month downtrend which has not ended.
Yep.  Cheesy

Perhaps the capitulation did happen immediately by the whales.  Now they are buying and will let it go as low as the selling pressure can push it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:32:33 AM

Lol all the whales are still holding on to their 100$+ bitcoins

They're waiting along time for those promised profits... losing against inflation and other opportunities...

how long will they be able to take it?
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:38:02 PM

Experience tells us that a bubble has only collapsed completely when nobody is calling it.

Therefore the decline will continue for a while...

ya.ya.yo!

There were people calling for a bubble collapse at $2... Long after, in fact.

The truth is, capitulation happens to the up side just as it happens to the down side.

In retrospect it is always easy to identify trend reversals...

I think we have yet to see true capitulation. Still too much optimism for my taste.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
elebit

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:16:46 PM

how long will they be able to take it?

Many years, probably. If you invest that much money, you're probably quite rich to start with.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

Numbers seem to put a psychological attachment to what the price of something should be. It is amazing that when we were at $7 that was the "NEW NORM". Now a year later and $90 is the "NEW NORM".

Next year $1200 will be the "NEW NORM"?  lol...just saying

+1
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:47:01 AM

Numbers seem to put a psychological attachment to what the price of something should be. It is amazing that when we were at $7 that was the "NEW NORM". Now a year later and $90 is the "NEW NORM".

Next year $1200 will be the "NEW NORM"?  lol...just saying

+1

How many of the long term Bitcoin holders/miners ever thought $90 would be the norm?  I am relatively new so I would assume that people would have laughed at the thought a year ago.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
jmutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:17:27 AM

Next year $1200 will be the "NEW NORM"?  lol...just saying

+1

How many of the long term Bitcoin holders/miners ever thought $90 would be the norm?  I am relatively new so I would assume that people would have laughed at the thought a year ago.

You'd be quite right in this assumption. I started looking at BTC when they were 4-5 USD......I was in disbelief as it rose from 12-50. Go back further and people would have been in disbelief as it passed $1

In other words, don't believe any bold predictions on what the price of BTC will do. No one can predict something as complex as the long term relationship between USD and BTC...
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 05:21:25 AM

Next year $1200 will be the "NEW NORM"?  lol...just saying

+1

How many of the long term Bitcoin holders/miners ever thought $90 would be the norm?  I am relatively new so I would assume that people would have laughed at the thought a year ago.

You'd be quite right in this assumption. I started looking at BTC when they were 4-5 USD......I was in disbelief as it rose from 12-50. Go back further and people would have been in disbelief as it passed $1

In other words, don't believe any bold predictions on what the price of BTC will do. No one can predict something as complex as the long term relationship between USD and BTC...

11M bitcoins
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:24:20 AM

Remember in school? 1,3,5,7, which number comes next? In this case it is 1,30,5,260,??? the logical answer is 25, 2000.

Listen to semaforo. He knows his stuff. Re-read his whole posting. I came to the same conclusion too.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 09:57:36 AM

Remember in school? 1,3,5,7, which number comes next? In this case it is 1,30,5,260,??? the logical answer is 25, 2000.

Listen to semaforo. He knows his stuff. Re-read his whole posting. I came to the same conclusion too.

I don't understand the (mathematical) pattern, plz teach. The rest I understand and in complete agreement with, I've been arguing the same points for awhile.
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:32:34 PM

I don't understand the (mathematical) pattern, plz teach. The rest I understand and in complete agreement with, I've been arguing the same points for awhile.

In the case of 1,3,5,7 the pattern is always adding 2. The next in the sequence would logically be 9,11,13,15. Or with 1,3,7,15,31 the next would be 63, 127, 255 and so on, because the number being added is doubling each time. First was 1 added to 2, then 4 added to 3, then 8 added to 7, then 16 added to 15 and so on. So you can determine a pattern of what will come next based on the available data, the basis of all speculation.

In the case of bitcoin, if you were to apply linear reasoning to the chart you see two price spikes. First, there is stability at around 1 dollar, suddenly spiking to 30 dollars, then crashing and stabilizing at roughly 5 dollars for about 10 months, before beginning the gradual run up that culminated in the rally to 260. So the pattern is stability at 1, rally to 30, profit taking to 5, rally to 260, profit taking to...
  30 is 30 times 1. 260 is 52 times 5. There are two ways you could see this- the next rally will be either 22 times higher than the previous, or 73% larger. In other words, either 74 or 90 times higher than the bottom of this downtrend.
    To determine the downtrend, we see 5 is 1/6th of 30, and 5 times 1. 1/6th of 260 would be 43, and 5 time 5 would be 25. This would mean if this were a logical, linear process, the next rally off of a stable low between 25 and 43 will be to somewhere between 1850 and 3870, with profit taking then crashing the price to a long term low between 125 and 645.

But this is not a linear or logical process.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:54:45 PM

This is very interesting. Thank you for bringing this up, semaforo.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:08:28 PM

In the case of 1,3,5,7 the pattern is always adding 2. The next in the sequence would logically be 9,11,13,15. Or with 1,3,7,15,31 the next would be 63, 127, 255 and so on, because the number being added is doubling each time. First was 1 added to 2, then 4 added to 3, then 8 added to 7, then 16 added to 15 and so on. So you can determine a pattern of what will come next based on the available data, the basis of all speculation.

In the case of bitcoin, if you were to apply linear reasoning to the chart you see two price spikes. First, there is stability at around 1 dollar, suddenly spiking to 30 dollars, then crashing and stabilizing at roughly 5 dollars for about 10 months, before beginning the gradual run up that culminated in the rally to 260. So the pattern is stability at 1, rally to 30, profit taking to 5, rally to 260, profit taking to...
  30 is 30 times 1. 260 is 52 times 5. There are two ways you could see this- the next rally will be either 22 times higher than the previous, or 73% larger. In other words, either 74 or 90 times higher than the bottom of this downtrend.
    To determine the downtrend, we see 5 is 1/6th of 30, and 5 times 1. 1/6th of 260 would be 43, and 5 time 5 would be 25. This would mean if this were a logical, linear process, the next rally off of a stable low between 25 and 43 will be to somewhere between 1850 and 3870, with profit taking then crashing the price to a long term low between 125 and 645.

But this is not a linear or logical process.

Hopefully it is not that linear.  I would prefer the stable low to be the 80's and 90's we have been in.  I am totally find with the rally being between 1850 and 3870 though!  Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:15:47 PM

Nope, it looks like a bull trap to me. Small spike to (maybe) 95, then a massive drop to 70 or lower.

Bulltrap keeps occurring... until it doesn't

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: