Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freelancers & Service Providers caution  (Read 1691 times)
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 06:03:43 AM

Hey All,

Due to the positive competitive changes occurring in the buy/ sell market in India, I would like to pen a quick caution to all those who are accpeting Bitcoin in India.

Please be practical and quote prices to your cleints based on buysellbitco.in or INRBTC.com rates.
Mt Gox and Bitcoin.de prices are not really easy to deal with in India at the moment.

coinprize

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Invest NASDAQ in Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 06:09:03 AM

Its price could change every minutes.
It has the original risks for seller or buyer.  Roll Eyes

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 06:12:19 AM

You should simply work as BTC market works. We send you invoice valid for 15 minutes. Same you should send to your clients.

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 06:13:35 AM

You should simply work as BTC market works. We send you invoice valid for 15 minutes. Same you should send to your clients.

Cheers

This is a good idea. I will channel more towards this model for sure.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 06:14:03 AM

Its price could change every minutes.
It has the original risks for seller or buyer.  Roll Eyes

Yes, but there needs to be a way to mitigate the risk rather than make it larger.

Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:01:14 AM

Could you please tell me what are the changes happening in India?
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:09:09 AM

The market seems to be maturing and buying or selling at rates compared to Mt Gox is getting harder.

Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:14:47 AM

The market seems to be maturing and buying or selling at rates compared to Mt Gox is getting harder.

Mmm ok... that didn't really make things much clearer, but thanks anyway I guess.

americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:22:33 PM

Also, if they are concerned of the exact fiat value, then i highly recommend using a payment processor something like bitpay which offers a guaranteed exchange rate.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 12:29:05 PM

Also, if they are concerned of the exact fiat value, then i highly recommend using a payment processor something like bitpay which offers a guaranteed exchange rate.

However Bitpay cannot peg a value at INR sale rates, that may be a problem.

americandesi

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:27:01 PM

At this time, isn't USD a better currency to hold as compared to INR.?

Pinwheel

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:56:07 PM

BitPay is not using Mtgox avg for calculation of invoices rate, for some time already. They are using combined average from few exchanges. Mtgox is now become sale bitcoins and then buy bitcoins kind of exchange. One friend recently tried to withdraw usd 1600 from Mtgox, that was not possible they require him to undergo AML ( Anti Money Laundering) verification. Who the hell knows what does it means, sort of washing machine inspection I guess.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:28:26 PM

Yeah, what PW has mentioned is the problem. USD may be a better currency at the moment, but it is still not easy to convert for those who need INR in hand here.

Pinwheel

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:15:59 PM

USD not better at the moment, it is time to sale USD and buy into INR. Why, because RBI buying cheap rupees now, next, when they will have enough INR, they will drop usd and start buying cheap usd.  When central bank in any country playing such games Mercedes Benz Co selling a lot of cars and Mercedes India projecting great sales. These guy knows well how to read forex markets.

For any bank it is win win game, follow the leader.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
americandesi

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:57:18 PM

USD not better at the moment, it is time to sale USD and buy into INR. Why, because RBI buying cheap rupees now, next, when they will have enough INR, they will drop usd and start buying cheap usd.  When central bank in any country playing such games Mercedes Benz Co selling a lot of cars and Mercedes India projecting great sales. These guy knows well how to read forex markets.

For any bank it is win win game, follow the leader.

Hmmm.. I don't think so PW. I disagree with you on this. I agree that RBI does have power to manipulate Indian forex market but very little as much as probably upto a Rupee / dollar.
Forex rates are beyond any central bank of a particular country. It is more of a supply and demand in the international market.

USD is getting stronger day by day because it is recouping from the recession. For instance, the unemployment rate has come down to a little over 7% from the 9.1% in June last year. People are findings jobs which means, they are making money which means USA is importing less and exporting more.
That being the reason, the demand for USD in the international market is increasing due to which it is appreciating.

The source of USD for India or RBI is through software & service exports from Software companies and Call Centers / BPO.
As of 12/Jul, RBI had a little over 252 Billion dollars worth of total foreign currency assets (http://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/Wss/PDFs/02T_C190713F.pdf) out of which approximately 60 - 65% is always known to be USD.
Now if India wants to increase the value of INR, it can bring all US dollar holdings in to the market to exchange with INR / other currencies. If so US dollar falls suddenly to may be about 20 INR. If dollar drops to that low rate against INR, India can make more money with its exports. But in real India or any other country don't want to do this. Because if dollar drops, there will be much more problems. India will get less money for its forex holdings of 252 billion dollars. In addition in future it cannot export any goods to US as US dollar is so cheap, Indian companies cannot sell goods so cheap for export. ( no one is interested to sell their products for half rate) And call centers cannot sustain themselves paying salaries to their employees. Like wise Indian software companies cannot export goods to US for such a cheap rate.

With the impending USA immigration bill that is about to be passed in Senate by end of this year, most of the software companies and BPO market will come to their knees. Companies like Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and TCS are highly worried about the bill.  Infact when U.S Secretary of state John Kerry visited India in June 2013, the main agenda of the meeting between him and the chamber of commerce was to discuss about the immigration bill.
If this happens, in turn RBI will be highly affected as it has to spend USD to import stuff to India however the USD income due to Software Service export will be highly reduced.

So in short, i would say that USD will stay or atleast hover close to 60 INR atleast until the Immigration bill is passed and everyone comes to know how it affects them. People including other countries are holding USD for now.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 01:49:49 AM

Yeah, the USD is in a good state right now, especially with talks of the Fed restricting printing of Bills.
This was the main news that caused the dip of the rupee. Unless the rupee goes into an open state currency or changes altogether, we may even see 600 Rs to a Dollar.

americandesi

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:49:42 AM

Yeah, the USD is in a good state right now, especially with talks of the Fed restricting printing of Bills.
This was the main news that caused the dip of the rupee. Unless the rupee goes into an open state currency or changes altogether, we may even see 600 Rs to a Dollar.

Hmm 600 INR / USD is little too much. I don't think that is practically possible. If it does, then Petrol will be around 1000/ltr because Oil imports are done in USD. RBI will have some restrictions in place like how they asked major gold retailers including reliance jewels to stop importing Gold for the next 6 months to balance the Rupee.

Nevertheless, my point remains the same. Obama is a well educated president. He knows what he is doing.
USD is in good state and will be for atleast another 6 months.

Pinwheel

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:27:35 AM

INR is regulated currency, read manipulated. when they need to pay usd loans they will drop USD. When they need need to convert USD to INR they will drop INR. Even small variation in rate make huge difference on billion dollar scale.

Pinwheel

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:34:33 AM

Hmm 600 INR / USD is little too much. I don't think that is practically possible. If it does, then Petrol will be around 1000/ltr because Oil imports are done in USD. RBI will have some restrictions in place like how they asked major gold retailers including reliance jewels to stop importing Gold for the next 6 months to balance the Rupee.

Nevertheless, my point remains the same. Obama is a well educated president. He knows what he is doing.
USD is in good state and will be for atleast another 6 months.

don't believe this BS propaganda. USA is bankrupt with biggest external debt per country in the world  16,737,246,099,998 usd on 1 July 2013.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: