Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:03:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are taxes consistent with individual freedom and property rights?  (Read 106 times)
Ayanamirs (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:24:10 PM

https://medium.com/liberation-day/are-taxes-consistent-with-individual-freedom-and-property-rights-d28568cb9c46

Are taxes consistent with individual freedom and property rights? Is there a level of taxation where it is no more consistent? Hoppe: Taxes are not normal, voluntary payments for goods and services, because you are not allowed to stop such payments if you are not satisfied with the product. You are not punished if you do no longer buy Renault cars or Chanel perfume, but you are thrown into jail if you stop paying for government schools or universities or for Mr. Sarkozy and his pomp. No. Taxes are never, at no level of taxation, consistent with individual freedom and property rights. Taxes are theft. The thieves — the state and its agents and allies — try their very best to conceal this fact, of course, but there is simply no way around it. Obviously, taxes are not normal, voluntary payments for goods and services, because you are not allowed to stop such payments if you are not satisfied with the product. You are not punished if you do no longer buy Renault cars or Chanel perfume, but you are thrown into jail if you stop paying for government schools or universities or for Mr. Sarkozy and his pomp. Nor is it possible to construe taxes as normal rent-payments, as they are made by a renter to his landlord. Because the French state is not the landlord of all of France and all Frenchmen. To be the landlord, the French state would have to be able to prove two things: first, that the state, and no one else, owns every inch of France, and second, that it has a rental contract with every single Frenchman concerning the use, and the price for this use, of its property. No state — not the French, not the German, not the US-American or any other state — can prove this. They have no documents to this effect and they cannot present any rental contract. Thus, there is only one conclusion: taxation is theft and robbery by which one segment of the population, the ruling class, enriches itself at the expense of another, the ruled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:25:38 PM

No disagreement here bottom line is that tax is meant to enslave us and keep us at the bottom end of the stick for the amount of time it has been around. Can anybody explain to me why we need to pay taxes for real? I know some will say schools and roads but seriously could the government not print fiat money and do that in the first place for the goodness of people? That way schools operate, roads operate, and the citizens are not poor as all hell.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
snkneo

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:33:13 PM

No disagreement here bottom line is that tax is meant to enslave us and keep us at the bottom end of the stick for the amount of time it has been around. Can anybody explain to me why we need to pay taxes for real? I know some will say schools and roads but seriously could the government not print fiat money and do that in the first place for the goodness of people? That way schools operate, roads operate, and the citizens are not poor as all hell.

Wow, you really think printing money is a solution. And you're into cryptos.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:49:19 PM

Taxes are needed BUT it's how they spend them that matters..

No taxes means less police means worse social society ..
No taxes means less healthcare means worse social society ..

I could go on why taxes are needed BUT i do not like my taxes getting used for greedy politicians ..

10 billion to the EU 13 billion to aid so 23 billion gone out of our UK taxes on NOTHING while our people use FOOD BANKS and NHS people are dying because of lack of funding Angry..

Now BRITISH politicians need to watch out because with the POLICE CUTS you put your own lives in danger..
Not enough police to protect your asses so i imagine you will become easy targets soon..
Imagine in your little village with no police for miles around i thinks your getting killed so easy ..

So if i was you i would give the police and nurses a pay rise and plus add more to the police force..
I reckon you politicians will get FUCKED UP Cheesy Cheesy..<Great news Wink Grin..

So i would vote for more police and also they need a pay rise for the amount of shit they will suffer in the future because of your POLICIES ..

More police more nurses and a pay rise for both or i bet any money you want POLITICIANS will become easy targets to kill..And the PUBLIC wont give to shits if you DIE Cheesy Wink..
Some will BUT most wont care if politicians die..Because your all scum bags..Well most anyways..

Ayanamirs (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:08:39 PM

Taxes are needed BUT it's how they spend them that matters..

No taxes means less police means worse social society ..
No taxes means less healthcare means worse social society ..

I could go on why taxes are needed BUT i do not like my taxes getting used for greedy politicians ..

10 billion to the EU 13 billion to aid so 23 billion gone out of our UK taxes on NOTHING while our people use FOOD BANKS and NHS people are dying because of lack of funding Angry..

Now BRITISH politicians need to watch out because with the POLICE CUTS you put your own lives in danger..
Not enough police to protect your asses so i imagine you will become easy targets soon..
Imagine in your little village with no police for miles around i thinks your getting killed so easy ..

So if i was you i would give the police and nurses a pay rise and plus add more to the police force..
I reckon you politicians will get FUCKED UP Cheesy Cheesy..<Great news Wink Grin..

So i would vote for more police and also they need a pay rise for the amount of shit they will suffer in the future because of your POLICIES ..

More police more nurses and a pay rise for both or i bet any money you want POLITICIANS will become easy targets to kill..And the PUBLIC wont give to shits if you DIE Cheesy Wink..
Some will BUT most wont care if politicians die..Because your all scum bags..Well most anyways..

We don't need taxes to have nurses and police-officer.

How Government Solved the Health Care Crisis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBFoC1gkExI

The Machinery Of Freedom: Illustrated summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o
Ayanamirs (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:02:11 AM

Print money isn't a solution at all.

The only solution is to stop the taxation and END the government.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:47:47 PM

I see it more as a small fee for living in the society I am in. Of course, I don't like giving away money and so I want whatever they are taking from me to be spent responsibly. The solution IMHO would be a more transparent government (I said more, not totally, since there are things that require secrecy to work).

You end your country's government... guess what your neighboring countries would do.
Ayanamirs (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:07:37 PM

I see it more as a small fee for living in the society I am in. Of course, I don't like giving away money and so I want whatever they are taking from me to be spent responsibly. The solution IMHO would be a more transparent government (I said more, not totally, since there are things that require secrecy to work).

You end your country's government... guess what your neighboring countries would do.
What they gonna do? We can have a private army and a population with guns.
We already have soldiers and guns and equipment.
Mometaskers

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:31:54 PM

You've seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGXlaa65Xms

Sooner or later you'll need big guns, ships, tanks and planes that simple private armies can't afford. Then you'll start forming larger groups and pooling the money to buy these. Before you know it, you are back to what you eschewed - a government.

The tech (and arsenal) you inherited from the former state can only last you for so long. Unless of course you just decide to nuke everyone else to eliminate the worry of being invaded. And only a few existing countries can do that. What if your country is impoverished? How would not having a government work then?
Ayanamirs (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:39:54 PM

You've seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGXlaa65Xms

Sooner or later you'll need big guns, ships, tanks and planes that simple private armies can't afford. Then you'll start forming larger groups and pooling the money to buy these. Before you know it, you are back to what you eschewed - a government.

The tech (and arsenal) you inherited from the former state can only last you for so long. Unless of course you just decide to nuke everyone else to eliminate the worry of being invaded. And only a few existing countries can do that. What if your country is impoverished? How would not having a government work then?

Why private army can't afford but the state can afford?
A lot of countries don't have an army.
And that's an argument against the state. You can't see the evil power of the state?
Mometaskers

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:41:22 PM

Why private army can't afford but the state can afford?

Taxation. Like I said, no particular private army would have the same amount of income as the currently existing state, at least in most countries.

A lot of countries don't have an army.

Either relies on mutual defenses agreements with other states or too insignificant to be even mentioned

And that's an argument against the state. You can't see the evil power of the state?

I see it as an evil, a necessary evil.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:09:18 PM

They are like 50-50% because in a trustful society everything works perfect, but when it comes to undeveloped society - it's not consistent at all...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Ayanamirs (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:24:35 AM

They are like 50-50% because in a trustful society everything works perfect, but when it comes to undeveloped society - it's not consistent at all...
It's not about "work" or not, its about ethics.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: