Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Features Do You Desire In A Trading Platform  (Read 122 times)
Cyberczar (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

Crypto and blockchain writing service

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:06:01 PM

Hi everyone, I need your views in a project I'm working on. I have a client, an exchange whose ICO is coming up soon and I'm working on their whitepaper. I must say that the concept is good, very good on paper but I want to be sure that's exactly what traders need. So I'll appreciate your candid opinions here.

My question is this:

What features do you need in an exchange that you hardly see. What would your ideal exchange have that would facilitate a good (profitable) trading experience?
Thanks for your contributions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
staywoke081

Activity: 211

Santa Coin

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:34:11 PM

Good and easy interface to use and look at. Low fees or competitive at the least if not lowest. Good support is probably the most crucial because the other two while needed customer support is the back baone of any good exchange. Those are my top 3 features I look for and if an exchange has those I will do business there.

coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:37:22 PM

As many chart tools as possible. It's become a real pain to use coinigy or trading view for charts as most exchanges don't offer half of the options those platforms do.

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:37:49 PM

Honesty so users will have trust. Some of the top exchanges are losing trust from members and members are using smaller and newer sites.
MathGame

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:17:29 PM

Auto buy and sell using certain % - that you can set and forget for weeks, months, or even years.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:20:44 PM

Some of the features I will like included:

1.Ability to purchase bitcoin (and some other altcoins used as trading pair) with a credit/debit card/fiat money. This eliminates the need of paying high transaction fees and/or wait a long time for your transaction to be confirmed whenever you transfer bitcoin to your exchange wallet during periods when the bitcoin network is clogged up with many unconfirmed transactions.

2. Implementation of all possible security measures that will prevent the loss of one's investment in the situation where the exchange gets hacked such as providing users with the possibility of keeping their coins in a cold storage wallet.
Low Sigma

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Algorithmic Trader

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:23:38 PM

WebSocket API, not pooling.
Cyberczar (OP)

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:15:34 PM

Honesty so users will have trust. Some of the top exchanges are losing trust from members and members are using smaller and newer sites.

What's the problem with the bigger exchanges? Why do you think they are losing trust?
What are these smaller exchanges doing that the big ones aren't?
Is it that the big ones have grown too big to effectively meet customer expectations?

johnrickdalaygon

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:41:18 PM

People can withdraw their money with a large amount even if they are not verified, nice and understandable graphics and also friendly user interface and has support system which is very fast to response in the users query.
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:02:30 PM

User-friendly interface with high response speed. Immediate execution of trade orders and the ability to simultaneously place take-profit and stop-loss orders.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:29:34 PM

I think security and collateral is something that I want to start to trade. I do not know if Poloniex has the funds to sustain their business. I do not even know where they are truly located because they have just a mailbox in their address.

I like the idea of BInance about their coin because that show they have some asset that could always give liquidity to the market.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:37:44 PM

Low fees are probably the main thing I'm looking at when it comes to choosing the appropriate exchange for me. Really, if you're still charging 0.001 btc per withdrawal you don't deserve me as a customer (0.0005 per withdrawal seems more than fair). Next in line are probably customer service and and UI. Eventhough I don't really call upon customer care a lot it's still nice to think someone's got you covered when you need it. UI is pretty irrelevant but I don't mind it at all.

As of now Binance is my go to exchange at this moment in time.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:12:57 PM

What features do you need in an exchange that you hardly see. What would your ideal exchange have that would facilitate a good (profitable) trading experience?
Thanks for your contributions.

With the amount of new investors and traders entering the cryptocurrency space, scalability is now extremely important for exchanges. Consider this: Six months ago, Poloniex was struggling to handle 30k customers. Today, Bittrex is struggling to handle 500k customers. Most companies cannot handle a 500% or 1000% increase in customers in a matter of months, but this is the kind of growth you need to be prepared for. So, under the hood, you need a lightning fast trade engine and order book infrastructure that scales.

That's the primary concern. A reliable API is also very important. The UI should make it easy to quickly place and execute orders, and the order book should rapidly refresh (every second). Advanced order types like stop-limit and one-cancels-the-other (OCO) would be ideal as well.

But first and foremost, just build something that functions. Kraken, for example, can't even get that down.

Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:28:29 PM

Low fees are probably the main thing I'm looking at when it comes to choosing the appropriate exchange for me. Really, if you're still charging 0.001 btc per withdrawal you don't deserve me as a customer

You are right, it was using cryptopia today to withdraw a few bitcoins, and the fees that you need to pay in there are insane, 0.001 for each withdrawal is not fair..

More than 19 dollars just for a single transaction, what about those who are using that exchange to move $50 or $75 weekly? they are going to need to pay $20 to withdraw.

- The most important thing that you need to fix or develop first, is the right to create your own exchange without asking for KYC or that shit of the aml, they are crap, that is why i use cryptopia, because you do not have to provide any of those shitties.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:53:38 PM

People can withdraw their money with a large amount even if they are not verified, nice and understandable graphics and also friendly user interface and has support system which is very fast to response in the users query.
An exchange usually under certain regulation and it is a must o do KYC , you will never find the one who can proccess a large amount of money with full anonymity.
Really a hard feature to be realized , if someone can make this happen , criminals will come there for the sake of money laundering.
Keep dreaming about that , i am sure noone can really create such feature in a trading platform.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: