Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 06:21:08 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance + Forks = "gifting" but that keeps your coins on an exchange- thoughts  (Read 100 times)
Norcal2020 (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:28:45 PM

So, we have all been told to keep our coins in HW wallets and not on an exchange and I did that with the Nano S.  But, when I go onto Binance, I see that I got a super, super small amount of a "gift" coin or result from a fork with BTC but not getting that equivalent in Binance b/c the BTC is not there. Is there a value to keeping something on the exchange to get bonus coins or forks?
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:48:25 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 09:51:44 PM by kahc

So, we have all been told to keep our coins in HW wallets and not on an exchange and I did that with the Nano S.  But, when I go onto Binance, I see that I got a super, super small amount of a "gift" coin or result from a fork with BTC but not getting that equivalent in Binance b/c the BTC is not there. Is there a value to keeping something on the exchange to get bonus coins or forks?

What gift coin are you talking about here?
I assume you will get the same forked coins with your Ledger wallet too.(only the legit big ones)
legend018

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:52:46 PM

Might want to contact Binance:
https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002793151-Binance-s-Policy-On-Any-Future-Bitcoin-Forks
supctrong

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:40:33 PM

Binance has been giving out TRX and WTC to its users as airdrop if they had either registered before a certain date or had value above x.xx BTC and had at least 1 trade.

Thanks to those two giveaways I have $220 worth of WTC and approx. $20 worth of TRX. Thanks Binance.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:52:06 PM

That is great but I wouldn't advocate keeping them on an exchange for getting new coins and the reason is because you never know if the exchange will be up the next day or not. I don't know about you but I would rather my bitcoin be safe than it be on exchange and have it compromised for a few hundred bucks. Although my friend uses Binance and apparently he got some Super Bitcoin and something BCX the other day too so not all bad.

Norcal2020 (OP)

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:44:38 PM

That is great but I wouldn't advocate keeping them on an exchange for getting new coins and the reason is because you never know if the exchange will be up the next day or not. I don't know about you but I would rather my bitcoin be safe than it be on exchange and have it compromised for a few hundred bucks. Although my friend uses Binance and apparently he got some Super Bitcoin and something BCX the other day too so not all bad.
That's my dilemma. By keeping the coins in my ledger, I'm not getting the drops from Binance due to no BTC (or little amount in there). To date, I have 0.000001's of BTG, SBTC and BCX since I have a trace amount of BTC left in there etc...and not sure if the risk is worth the possible reward.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: