Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Primecoin price -so what's the deal? (and UNOCS invest)  (Read 1235 times)
Kujmandosz (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:33:06 AM

As an early adopter I am holding onto some primecoins. It was so good to see the price going up to like 0.014btc, but since than the price has been going down. Currently it is 0.0095btc. So now what? Does anyone now if there is development going on or it is just an interesting coin to mine and that is it. Will the price go up or it was just an overvalue?
I am also considering investing into the unocs alliance, so do you guys think that it would be a good idea to convert my primecoins into ftc, pxc and wdc?

Opinions, suggestions?

eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:38:19 AM

Price has gone from 0.001 to 0.1 to 0.002 to 0.15 to 0.06 to 0.125 to the price you see now. Looks like it stabilizes.
Can't say much about UNOCS, haven't seen anything besides a counter so far.

Kujmandosz (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

So should I just hold onto my primecoins or invest them into ftc, pxc and wdc?

innovation

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:40:20 AM

Keep holding xpm. It is valuable.
eule

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:41:38 AM

Dunno about UNOCS, must see actions first. If you think they will deliver, sure, but I'd keep holding some XPM.

dego

Activity: 399

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:41:42 AM

It is valuable.

Why is it valuable?
eule

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:43:36 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252636.0
That article mentions the words "the holy grail of mathematics".

Kujmandosz (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:45:58 AM

+1
I know it is something new and interesting, but than what. What makes it valuable? Because there is no dev support, no real site, no marketplace just speculation. I just want to know the facts why it is so valuable.

dego

Activity: 399

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:45:02 AM

[
+1
I know it is something new and interesting, but than what. What makes it valuable? Because there is no dev support, no real site, no marketplace just speculation. I just want to know the facts why it is so valuable.

Yeah, me too. Just because primes are the "holy grail of maths"?? Primecoin can't even calculate unknown primes... the have too many digits... only thing what XPM can is to calculate new, unknown prime chains. Thats nice, I agree, but I can't see where value should come from. Value comes from when people buying XPM because they can do something with it (like buying goods or anything)... so why should I use XPM to buy stuff when there is BTC? Same affects most of the altcoins.

But I am really open to hear why Primecoin should be valuable.
eule

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:15:01 AM

For me the value mainly comes from these things:
Primechains are said to be useful for cryptographic applications: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunningham_chain
The coin is hard to mine and it gets harder everyday to get some (reward gets lower with higher diff).
It's pretty stable around 0.01BTC, so a lot of people see the value.
Prime distribution is amazing and i guess there's still a lot to be discovered
http://www.abarim-publications.com/artctulam.html#.Ue5K-22ZhhE
http://kruel.co/?attachment_id=932
http://mikelove.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/prime-spirals-hahn-and-sacks/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulam_spiral

jaakkop

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:57:30 AM

Primechains are said to be useful for cryptographic applications: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunningham_chain
I mainly value Primecoin for the same reason. Its byproduct is more valuable that of Bitcoin (+dozens of altcoins).

By mining Primecoin with my computers I'm contributing to the Primecoin network security AND science Grin

I'd buy that for a dollar bitcoin!
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:01:55 AM

+1

What do you mean no dev support? It just got an update not long ago. Its developer is also the developer of ppcoin and has been around a while. (I do agree he sucks majorly at websites though.)
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 11:42:58 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 12:07:43 PM by Joerii

Primecoin is cool, but what does it offer over other crypto's ? I bought a few hundred last week but sold them all in favor of the UNOCS coins. True, UNOCS still has to deliver but I trust that it will. PXC, FTC and WDC are already hugely benefiting from each others area's of expertise

-PXC is the coin that will be used in entertainment like gambling and adult
-WDC is the coin that focuses on businesses
-FTC is a coin that focuses on every day use, and it has a very active grass-root community and genius marketing ( justabitoftime )

UNOCS Bridge is going to cause a revolution in the utility of the above three coins.

A little copy paste from the website unocs.com :

UNOCS Bridge is a secure gateway that allows local and online businesses the ability to accept crypto currency both seamlessly and instantaneously. With just a few clicks, businesses can access thousands of potential new customers and lower overhead costs resulting in higher profit. Our highly skilled team provides technical solutions for all applications from home businesses to large enterprises. Accepting crypto currency has never been easier.

Right after that PhenixEx will be launched, and a whole slew of other services will launch after that.

UNOCS is going to set the standard for other coins to follow. It will attract a lot of buyers outside of this community. Buyers that won't ask "what's the innovation this coin offers over Litecoin ?" but " How can I use this coin ?" and the answer will be; you'll be able to buy subscriptions to sites, use them as gambling chips and pay with them at site all over the internet, cheaply, in a simple way and instantaneously.

Most folks on this forum think to small, they think only of what they themselves value when comparing altcoins. The real difference in value will be dictated by what the mainstream crowd will use. Good times are ahead.

But to answer your question; no surprise here : invest in UNOCS and leave Primecoin as a fun coin to play with but not to pay with.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 12:04:50 PM

As an early adopter I am holding onto some primecoins. It was so good to see the price going up to like 0.014btc, but since than the price has been going down. Currently it is 0.0095btc. So now what? Does anyone now if there is development going on or it is just an interesting coin to mine and that is it. Will the price go up or it was just an overvalue?
I am also considering investing into the unocs alliance, so do you guys think that it would be a good idea to convert my primecoins into ftc, pxc and wdc?

Opinions, suggestions?

i'd dump it - :

- GPU are out.

- The GPU market is small

- The price was driven higher by a restricted production side and interest  which meant there was few seller and some buyers , this drove the price upward.

- this will now reverse , as there will be GPU dumpers as they will have a natural mining advantage and hold some and dump the rest , this will cause more sellers than buyers .

- even if the Dev GPU mined it from the start (it would be easy for him to have made a GPU miner) he woudl not dump those until a major exchange like say BTC-e

- new GPU miners have no such nostalgic link to Primecoin they will mine and dump mine and dump -

there will then be a small bump if BTCe lists it , and then that long period of nothing probably -  

your questions is:

Will the BTCe bump be higher or lower than  present price after the long delay and the GPU dumpers are finished.

fear will always win - , so I'd sell now and mine later.

as for what to convert it to - well obviously you believe in those "coins" so convert away .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: