Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:12:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the expected sol/s on Tesla K80?  (Read 108 times)
white-wolf (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:50:03 PM

I have a machine with single K80 GPU. Started mining Bitcoin Gold in pool.gold and I get about 90 sols/s. Is this expected? I am using EWBF CUDA zcash miner software. I am expecting the K80 can do atleast 500 Sols/s  Huh
GrannyC

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:51:46 PM

I have a machine with single K80 GPU. Started mining Bitcoin Gold in pool.gold and I get about 90 sols/s. Is this expected? I am using EWBF CUDA zcash miner software. I am expecting the K80 can do atleast 500 Sols/s  Huh

It does not sound like the right coin to mine with that card. Don´t they have Tesla specific drivers for Ethereum?
white-wolf (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:58:41 PM

It does not sound like the right coin to mine with that card. Don´t they have Tesla specific drivers for Ethereum?

oh, so you are telling me I can mine Ethereum on it? I thought Ethereum is ASIC based and a single K80 cannot get me anything. So went for BTG.
GrannyC

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:48:26 PM

oh, so you are telling me I can mine Ethereum on it? I thought Ethereum is ASIC based and a single K80 cannot get me anything. So went for BTG.

It is exactly the opposite. Ethereum is ASIC resistant, like monero and other. You need to do some research out there Smiley
white-wolf (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:49:31 PM

It is exactly the opposite. Ethereum is ASIC resistant, like monero and other. You need to do some research out there Smiley

Point taken Sir! thanks for your comment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: