Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:14:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alibaba Antminer Scam (Shenzhen Dihao Technology Co., Ltd.)  (Read 280 times)
canadianbitminer (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:17:01 PM

I recently was scammed out of bitcoins trying to place an order on alibaba with Shenzhen Dihao Technology Co., Ltd. and wanted to make other aware.

On Alibaba, Shenzhen Dihao Technology Co., Ltd., lists Antminers for sale. On the bottom of the ad it says to contact skype: plyedda or use whatsapp. I chose skype. After i added this person to skype i looked at their profile and it said they worked for their company ect. I chatted with the person and after a lengthy conversation i decided to go ahead with an order. I received an invoice via email and everything looked legit. The order was wrong so i said i needed the order changed. So after they "messaged their finance dept. to change the order" they sent me another email. The email said the companies name and again looked legit. I was very nervous about sending bitcoin but that is what i had to spend so that was what i used. They said many people order with bitcoin and this is how it is done. After contemplating for a while and looking at everything i thought yes it was a legitimate company and this would have to be the way transactions work with them when ordering on the other side of the world. After sending the bitcoin the person wouldn't respond to my skype and i knew i had been duped.
I contacted the company through Alibaba and they said that i had been scammed and said they knew this type of thing was going on with skype. I asked why they kept the skype contact on their site if they knew it was happening and why they wouldn't post on their site to not use skype for communication. I didn't receive an answer.
This put me in a very difficult financial situation just before Christmas and i want to make sure no one else is caught in this situation. i feel completely embarrassed and ashamed of myself for falling for this so the only thing i can do now is to pass my experience on and hopefully educate other newbies.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phycodurus

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:15:12 PM

Hey mate,

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. These days I've been doing a lot of research on Alibaba, as well as on other websites, to find legitimate ASIC manufacturers to mine Bitcoin.

There's only a handful of them who actually make the machines (Canaan, Bitmain, Halong, Ebang, etc.) and they are large companies; everyone else is either a trader or a scammer.

I came across this very same company you mentioned, and they offered me Antminer S9s for a very cheap price. After I asked a couple of questions, they stoped replying.

You have to be a little bit inquisitive on Alibaba, ask them for their company registration certificates, pictures from their factory, have a phone conversation if needed, etc. If you do it, most scammers and even traders will just leave you alone and go for their next victim.

It may help that I've lived in China for many years and run a small sourcing company with offices there and overseas. If you need help sourcing the hardware, you can get in touch with me via pm.

Cheers and good luck
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:46:18 AM

Sorry to hear for scamming
You should have choose Aliexpress as they had escrow, when you recieve the product the money will be released to the seller. I think in Alibaba too exists, but you went in wrong method by paying privately.

Try reporting to Alibaba about this scammers, but I dont think they will take any actions, btw do they accept Bitcoins on Alibaba?

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
canadianbitminer (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:59:27 PM

Thanks for the advise. I am used to ordering from legit companies from north america. As for alibaba accepting bitcoin, no they don't. However on this companies website they say that they do accept bitcoin. which is why i decided to contact them via skype. In hind site i was a complete fool. I am more than sure that this company is working with the scammers , if not they would remove the skype contact information from alibaba. I have reported it to alibaba. I don't think there is anything else i can do. i know the police are absolutely useless with these cases especially since i paid in bitcoin. I'll learn from this and move on. really crappy they do this just before christmas. I hope karma comes to them.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:49:21 PM

This is yet another sad tale of scammers scoring a win. When dealing with strangers, no matter who they represent or work for or claim to be, escrow is indisputably a must. Never rely on instinct or gut feeling which can be erroneous and prone to being manipulated by the scammer.

You mentioned you contacted the company through Alibaba and found out you were conned. Why didn’t you take precautions and do this while communicating with the scammer? You should have verified and double checked everything before sending your coins, knowing bitcoin’s irreversible character.

This proves there is room for scams even in the least visited corners of the World Wide Web. Scammers simply post their ads and wait for victims to bite the bait. Astounding that Alibaba won’t actively police their site by enforcing some kind of verification method but that’s China. Full of surprises and a totally different dog-eat-dog world.

The coins are gone and if it’s of any comfort, you deserve this community’s thanks for reporting them here so others might read this and heed your warning.

H3llopanda

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:12:49 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 03:28:56 AM by H3llopanda

I contacted the company through Alibaba and they said that i had been scammed and said they knew this type of thing was going on with skype. I asked why they kept the skype contact on their site if they knew it was happening and why they wouldn't post on their site to not use skype for communication.

Why don't contact them first through Alibaba instead of Skype? And If you paid by let's say VISA do you think you could've reversed the payment if it didn't come through? Because I've been looking around Alibaba too and Dihao shows that they have a "4year" mark, So have they been duping people since then and still getting away with it all this time?
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:26:53 AM

Thanks for the advise. I am used to ordering from legit companies from north america. As for alibaba accepting bitcoin, no they don't. However on this companies website they say that they do accept bitcoin. which is why i decided to contact them via skype. In hind site i was a complete fool. I am more than sure that this company is working with the scammers , if not they would remove the skype contact information from alibaba. I have reported it to alibaba. I don't think there is anything else i can do. i know the police are absolutely useless with these cases especially since i paid in bitcoin. I'll learn from this and move on. really crappy they do this just before christmas. I hope karma comes to them.

I understand your pain, but all those who sell on Alibaba are resellers. I tried to import some of the products, but they say all shit things. They can get a bank account and a verified registration for a company easily.
I can purely say it's not a company and they belongs to scammers gang, as they don't know how to do business with customers
I tried to import Timers from them and they quoted double price with fake bills, showing fake team, managers etc.

It's hard to check whether the company is real or not from Alibaba and Aliexpress.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
canadianbitminer (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:56:01 PM

The reason i chose skype instead of alibaba to communicate with them is because i had bitcoins i wanted to spend on the antminer i was purchasing and it says that bitcoin is only accepted outside of alibaba. So since i got the skype address off of their ad on alibaba i thought all would be legit.
I honestly thought i did all my due diligence. i questioned the person over and over and they always had a good answer. The main reason i went ahead with the order is because i saw that they do over $100,000 of business with alibaba and they had a 4star rating. so i thought there's no way they will scam me, this company has been around and do lots of business. This wasn't a company that had no stars and no product being sold on Alibaba. Although i lost .91 bitcoins i hope my mistake can help others. It is nice to see some people have read this post and i'll chalk this up to a $2000 lesson in bitcoin scams and move forward. Thanks to everyone who read and has responded. For what it is worth it the support means a lot.
cheers!
borsaplazma

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:08:04 PM

I have the same case. I hace spoken yestreday with a woman from Shenzen Dihao Tech and she informed me that there is no employee with the name
skype - Danielle Polniak or skype - plyedda. What is the case. You find a person which is connected woth Shenzen Dihao. this person responds to you via skype. He or she send you an invoice for a miner DSM6T iBeLink. I paid through my bank account in Euro. They told me to wait for tracking number. And till now no response. Be carefull !!! It's a fake trader.
The dilivery address they use for recieving the package is Poland Warshaw ul. Bobrowiecka 11 m 15. The telephone numbers that they present themselves is +48 575 146 184 whatsap, viber .
Be carefull and never order from these tradels
jfvmcryptoblock
Copper Member

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 05:57:26 AM

Jesus, this is now an over 50k USD scam

The reason i chose skype instead of alibaba to communicate with them is because i had bitcoins i wanted to spend on the antminer i was purchasing and it says that bitcoin is only accepted outside of alibaba. So since i got the skype address off of their ad on alibaba i thought all would be legit.
I honestly thought i did all my due diligence. i questioned the person over and over and they always had a good answer. The main reason i went ahead with the order is because i saw that they do over $100,000 of business with alibaba and they had a 4star rating. so i thought there's no way they will scam me, this company has been around and do lots of business. This wasn't a company that had no stars and no product being sold on Alibaba. Although i lost .91 bitcoins i hope my mistake can help others. It is nice to see some people have read this post and i'll chalk this up to a $2000 lesson in bitcoin scams and move forward. Thanks to everyone who read and has responded. For what it is worth it the support means a lot.
cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: