Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:35:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinbase gdax might have to give up on it  (Read 110 times)
legend018 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:44:50 PM

I joined coinbase all was well. Tried to join gdax and everything went to crap. now buying is disabled on coinbase and I can't do much in gdax.
The support isn't really getting back to me, although I do have a case #. They actually emailed me a recommended thing to try that seriously had nothing to do with the error I was getting (WOW).
Bank has been validated and that happened quite quickly.  When I click on a link to see if Ive been validated for ID - a green check mark comes up saying successful. Nevertheless, I have tried upteen times to re upload my ID information,usually getting different error messages each time sometimes real general like unknown error. What is going to happen when I actually have real money tied into it? What if my problem was more serious and I"m sitting here in limbo wondering what the problem is and why something is disabled.  I haven't even used it yet. I'm trying to be patient, it's been since last week.  or perhaps I decide to move on and try something else. the truth is, I really wanted to sign up for the coinbase/gdax.  Note - I have following every single instructions, including even putting my picture on the page where you can upload your picture as well as made sure everything on every page is entered in correctly.  I've even updated my own case a few times today with screen shots to make things even more clear, not sure how more clear to get - buy is disabled for me yet not one single response back.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:47:11 PM

I joined coinbase all was well. Tried to join gdax and everything went to crap. now buying is disabled on coinbase and I can't do much in gdax.
The support isn't really getting back to me, although I do have a case #. They actually emailed me a recommended thing to try that seriously had nothing to do with the error I was getting (WOW).

This is pretty typical. I had a support ticket back in August (when things were much calmer), and they sent 3 unrelated boilerplate answers at first. I kept pushing to get a real human being. When I finally got one, he misunderstood my issue and gave me another boilerplate answer. I imagine things are much worse now that 100k new users a day are signing up.

Nevertheless, I have tried upteen times to re upload my ID information,usually getting different error messages each time sometimes real general like unknown error.

It's pretty annoying that they require webcam or mobile camera for this. Built-in webcams never provide good enough quality for verification. I think this is the most typical problem, and something I struggled with a few months back. If you haven't used the mobile app with your smartphone camera to verify ID, I suggest doing so.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: