Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:22:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bicknellski K1 Nano USA group buy interest  (Read 2781 times)
awgilyas

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:12:24 PM

$50? I'm sold. Count me in for 3 if that happens. 

1AwangATDktxLw8e6VaDijw9AMWz5wy8bx
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:05:28 AM

I personally think 50 at most.  With timeline of production... everything else sub 50 will stir up tons of interest.  But I'm not sure if this K1 vendor will do that or not.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:20:03 AM

Check our thread... and our site.

Prices reduced today.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bigbeninlondon (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:08:23 AM

Confirmation; Big Picture Mining has reduced the price to $49.99 per unit; no group buy necessary.  Let the games begin.

The members of the Cooperative have decided the lower the price of our K1 Nano's to $49.99 per unit.  NEW

No special lot prices will be available just one price.

Those interested in larger lots of 1000+ can be discussed but available only in October. We are still waiting on Avalon Chips as is everyone else. Fingers crossed our earlier chips arrive soon.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:24:30 AM

Confirmation; Big Picture Mining has reduced the price to $49.99 per unit; no group buy necessary.  Let the games begin.

The members of the Cooperative have decided the lower the price of our K1 Nano's to $49.99 per unit.  NEW

Those interested in larger lots of 1000+ can be discussed but available only in October. We are still waiting on Avalon Chips as is everyone else. Fingers crossed our earlier chips arrive soon.

Only reason might be shipping.  If we get group big enough, shipping to 1 us location then out can save money. 

Also i still think they could work with us if they wanted on a group price.... but i don't think they will want to.
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:36:45 AM

It's all a question of when they are shipping now.  Rumors around the AsicMiner price drop + returning customer price match make me less likely to buy from here without knowing a shipping date.  Still want to support the project, but need to be reasonable as well with my money.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:04:12 PM

Shipping date pretty much the same as anyone else with Group Buy Avalon chips. We are prepared to fabricate we are waiting on early Group Buy chips. That would roughly be 2 weeks good case scenario. Later if Avalon is delaying shipping of chips. If we had all our chips today we would have the ability to produce 3000 units a day and probably burn nearly a 1000 a day. Of course like everyone else Avalon chips are the limiting factor.

If you have any other concerns then please come to our thread and ask.

We are not just selling K1s we are making some for our Coop members as well so we are committed to quality and shipping as soon as the chips hit the ground.

We are doing a 24 hour burn in to insure that what we ship works.  Given the testing that BKKCoins has done the K1 will be a very stable and reliable unit as much as any other units out there. We are using a high quality fabricator on the island of Batam that has done products for many name brand electronics companies. For more details check our thread.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:28:50 PM

GREAT Price! I will be ordering some!

Congrats!!
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:43:36 PM

Confirmation; Big Picture Mining has reduced the price to $49.99 per unit; no group buy necessary.  Let the games begin.

Only reason might be shipping.  If we get group big enough, shipping to 1 us location then out can save money.  

Also i still think they could work with us if they wanted on a group price.... but i don't think they will want to.

If there was interest I'd still organize a group buy to save on shipping.  But only if enough people want to do it that I'd get something out of it.  Two miners is $100; spread out over 50 units adds $2 to the price of each.  

Right now DHL shows 1 miner costing $25 for shipping.  That's a bunch.  For 50, the cost is ~$84.  That's $1.70 per vs $25 per.  In addition, the handling fee is $4.95 whether your order 1 or 50.  So for 1, the total (shipped to my location) is around $80 ($50 + $25 shipping + $5 handling).  For 50 (shipped to my location) they'd be about ~$52 a piece ($49.99 * 50 + $5 handling + $84 shipping) / 50 = ~$52.  If you tack on my group buy charge and shipping from my location (US would probably cost between $5 and $15) you'd pay around $60 - $70 vs $84.

So it looks like a group buy might save a couple of bucks.
reactor

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:16:06 PM

Yeah, was thinking about the pre-order then I got to the shipping price.  I can't justify paying $25 to ship a 10 ounce package.

Will get in on a group order, but that right there stopped me from pre-ordering.
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:36:45 PM

50$ I'm so in for that, it was way to high before. At that price it's very competitive to other DIY'ers. The only issue I have is that it pretty much REQUIRES people from the US to use Group buys with the insane shipping costs for less then 8-10 units. I'll be keeping an eye and may buy 1-3 units in the next week or so.
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:53:25 PM

50$ I'm so in for that, it was way to high before. At that price it's very competitive to other DIY'ers. The only issue I have is that it pretty much REQUIRES people from the US to use Group buys with the insane shipping costs for less then 8-10 units. I'll be keeping an eye and may buy 1-3 units in the next week or so.
Well, considering Bicknellski is in Indonesia somewhere, I think shipping costs will be high for anything to the US. 
reactor

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:22:03 PM

Well, considering Bicknellski is in Indonesia somewhere, I think shipping costs will be high for anything to the US. 

Screw that, we're Americans.  Shipping for anything from anywhere should be free, and generally overnight. Wink

Realistically, though, I'd buy two if shipping were reasonable for buying small quantities, otherwise I'm on the sidelines until someone with more ambition than myself organizes a group buy. Smiley
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:53:39 PM

Is this only for bitcoin mining or SHA-256 algo?
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:00:13 PM

Is this only for bitcoin mining or SHA-256 algo?

ASAIK All SHA-256 based altcoins can be mined by these.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:44:00 PM

I wanted at least 1 just for fun.  But shipping literately kills it.  I think either they become more group friendly or ship to one of their coop members, then ship to us.   

And i still think K1 should be far less then BE's.  How fast they went from 100 to 50 shows how much profit is there.  Produce us more at lower prices Smiley
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:51:29 PM

I wanted at least 1 just for fun.  But shipping literately kills it.  I think either they become more group friendly or ship to one of their coop members, then ship to us.   

And i still think K1 should be far less then BE's.  How fast they went from 100 to 50 shows how much profit is there.  Produce us more at lower prices Smiley

With this group buy the shipping from Bicknellski to me is around $90 (depending on the number of units; details still being ironed out).  Split 50 ways that's like $2 a piece.  So shipping from Bicknellski to you through me will be $2 + shipping cost from me to you.  I can ship USPS First Class for around $2.50 with tracking all over the continental US.  Don't hold me to an exact figure yet, but total shipping should be around $7 a unit max.
reactor

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:28:57 PM

With this group buy the shipping from Bicknellski to me is around $90 (depending on the number of units; details still being ironed out).  Split 50 ways that's like $2 a piece.  So shipping from Bicknellski to you through me will be $2 + shipping cost from me to you.  I can ship USPS First Class for around $2.50 with tracking all over the continental US.  Don't hold me to an exact figure yet, but total shipping should be around $7 a unit max.

Sign me up!  But I prefer priority. Cheesy
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

This is why it sucks ass to get involved on the ground floor.  Sure it's new and exciting and fun. But the fact is people post these things not knowing shit. How in the fuck is it going to cost $7 a unit? for something that weight wise will see more ounces in the packageing of the lot then the item itself. Isn't it $7-12  for up to 8 pounds?  I've shipped 11 pound items for less then this speculation. Beggers can't be choosers but my fucking god man.  Buy 4 pay for 5?
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:52:02 PM

This is why it sucks ass to get involved on the ground floor.  Sure it's new and exciting and fun. But the fact is people post these things not knowing shit. How in the fuck is it going to cost $7 a unit? for something that weight wise will see more ounces in the packageing of the lot then the item itself. Isn't it $7-12  for up to 8 pounds?  I've shipped 11 pound items for less then this speculation. Beggers can't be choosers but my fucking god man.  Buy 4 pay for 5?

I was quoting approx $5 for USPS First Class.  Typically in my experience, First Class costs around $2.50 for 4 oz.  The includes the weight of the unit and packaging.  The shipping material is about $.50 per, so typically the cost would be around $3-$5 for USPS First Class in the Continental US.  Then you have to tack on the $2 it costs to get it from Indonesia to me to begin with.  This is assuming the price doesn't fluctuate; Bicknellski hasn't nailed down shipping costs for large orders yet.

Damn dude, you sound a little upset for a SWAG quote.  When I get things hammered down and actually start a group buy I'll be more exact.  Notice that this is an interest thread?  Relax a little.  And by the way, your quote for up to 8 pounds is off, unless you go media mail, and that's slow as balls.  Days equal dollars in mining, so I assumed no one would want media mail.  The cheapest option for 4 oz (with tracking, I won't do it without a tracking number) in a large padded envelope is $2.24.  Plus ~$2 for the shipping from Indonesia is $4.24.  Then you have to add in the package to send it in; for 50 I can probably get padded envelopes for $10, or little boxes for $15.  That brings the cost to about $5 in shipping.  Plus Bicknellski's handling fee. I erred on the high side ($2 isn't a lot of variance).  

Edited to add: Please also remember that I have absolutely no problem combining units to save on shipping.  If you order 5 units, I'll put them in the same box and shipping would only be $7 or $8 for the whole box.  I have shipped things before and feel I am competent to prepare orders and ship them in a timely manner.  I'm also open to alternative shipping options. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: