Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:37:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Hard Cap and Soft Cap"  (Read 472378 times)
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:34:38 PM

Soft Cap mean a minimum amount of money that needed for project to be a realized. Hard Cap meaning maximum amount of money that they needed for project. Sadly this days a lot of ICO don't even reach Soft Cap, so they just disappear and people get scammed. I don't know if  Soft cap and Hard cap affect on the price of coin after the sale ends ?
kucingpoi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:22:35 PM

These are fundraising goals. Soft cap is the lower limit, the minimal amount required for the project to be considered. If the project does not reach its soft cap, the team will return the funds. On the other hand, hard cap is the maximum amount a crowdsale will receive.
asdkbz55555t

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:39:28 AM

soft cap is the minimum amount required for a project if a project reaches softcap it means that there is already funds in further development
hardcap is the maximum amount collected by a project if the project reaches hardcap it will make it easier to develop in the future (more funds)
sorry if I am wrong because I just say what I know
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:41:30 AM

SoftCap is the minimum amount that the company wants to collect on ICO to start development their idea's or product. Hardcap is the maximum amount that is needed to maximize the development of the project
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 09:08:54 AM

A soft cap is the minimum needed for the project to proceed and a hard cap is the amount that they will accept no more than. For instance a soft cap could be 10 million and a hard cap 30 million meaning if the project does not attain 10 million it will not proceed and also if it reaches 30 million no more can be contributed.

And expect a huge bonus when you invested on that ICO or participated in its bounties. Campaigns usually are finished early also whenever the ICO bounty campaign reaches its desired hardcap.

godspree

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:22:19 AM

What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.

I believe hard cap can be  defined as the maximum amount a crowdsale will receive. Most projects set a very high cap that is unlikely to happen. Only very famous projects like have reached its hard cap. And a soft cap is the amount received at which your crowdsale will be considered a success. It is the minimal amount required by your project. If you do not reach that amount during the ICO then you will allow the investors to retire their apport.
NinjaCryp

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:29:51 AM

Every development project has a plan of development at the stages specified in their roadmap and whitepaper. Based on that, they calculate and offer softcap and hardcap for calling investors. Softcap is the minimum limit that a project can deploy and build (including legal entities or the establishment of a company / organization to operate). The hardcap is the maximum limit that the project will take to complete the entire construction and development process (including all aspects of partner search, promotion, marketing in other continents).
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:13:07 PM

The two are very important and they influence the success of an ICO. Softcap presents that the ICO is a success, but it is the minimum standard of the success. But hardcap, is the maximum token that is bought during the ICO? It represents that hardcap will determine that the ICO is very valuable and promising.
susutao83

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:58:36 AM

when only soft cap or hard cap is achieved in an ICO they will continue to pursue the idea of ​​the project but it would be great if the hard cap is achieved because it will invite many investors who want to buy the coins in exchange.
samuelemma692

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:37:07 AM

What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:11:23 PM

The soft cap is the minimum amount ICO wants to launch their product and hard cap is the maximum amount they want to build their product/ coin I like those ICO which complete their hard cap

If the ICO reached its hardcap only we can find the tokens on the exchange very soon. Projects reaching softcap is normally easy for them dude. When the team is good and project idea is better we can see the token value reaching the good value.

Maximum amount of hardcap is reached means they can be the luckiest team to get the more profit.

skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:19:02 AM

The hard cap and the soft cap of an ICO is the target amount of every project that they wish to achieve. The soft cap is the minimum target amount. If the soft cap of an ICO was achieved then the project is already considered successful. The hard cap, on the other hand, is the main and final target amount of an ICO. Meaning if the hard cap is achieved then the ICO concludes.

In terms of investing in an ICO, considering the soft cap and hard cap is a must. You must weigh is the soft cap is realistic and attainable. The soft cap should not be too low or too high depending on the concept of the project. The hard cap should also be realistic and attainable. Too high hard cap might reflect that the project's team is greedy or something.
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:44:28 AM

The hard cap and the soft cap of an ICO is the target amount of every project that they wish to achieve. The soft cap is the minimum target amount. If the soft cap of an ICO was achieved then the project is already considered successful. The hard cap, on the other hand, is the main and final target amount of an ICO. Meaning if the hard cap is achieved then the ICO concludes.

In terms of investing in an ICO, considering the soft cap and hard cap is a must. You must weigh is the soft cap is realistic and attainable. The soft cap should not be too low or too high depending on the concept of the project. The hard cap should also be realistic and attainable. Too high hard cap might reflect that the project's team is greedy or something.

it is true if investment in ICO we should be able to see and choose the project well.
but it does not guarantee the great success of the project if it has touched the hard cap, because of my research many have touched hard cap but not so successful in trading.
pacho08

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:07:23 AM

The soft cap is like the first stage of a campaign to reach for the participant and investor, and it declares itself to be a real and vicious campaign.
Hardcap is a stage that is the latest and most difficult to reach. but when it comes to a campaign the price of their tokens or coins may increase
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:15:53 AM

A soft cap is the minimum needed for the project to proceed and a hard cap is the amount that they will accept no more than. For instance a soft cap could be 10 million and a hard cap 30 million meaning if the project does not attain 10 million it will not proceed and also if it reaches 30 million no more can be contributed.
Thanks for your information! I'm thinking, Hard Cap and Soft Cap is the upper limit and the lower limit of the capital raising process!
Last year, there were many successful ICOs! But now, it does not seem to be expected!
torontoconti

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:28:08 PM

As of now its really hard to reach the soft cap and hard cap because theres so many ICO project exist right now.This is the big reason that all investors has an individual participation to joined the ICO Project.
DimOrloff

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:33:33 PM

When the project raised soft cup it is a good idea to look at it much more attentive. But of course it does not grant you that the project will be successful.
pitek jahanam

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:51:52 PM

Yes, of course. This is one of the most frequently used categories for deciding whether a project is worth investing or not. With the project already able to achieve soft cap, then the project can be said to be worth investing. The hard cap is the maximum target the project wants to achieve if the project can reach hard cap, or even more, the project can be said to have succeeded and done very successfully.
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 680

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:55:19 AM

These are fundraising goals. Soft cap is the lower limit, the minimal amount required for the project to be considered. If the project does not reach its soft cap, the team will return the funds. On the other hand, hard cap is the maximum amount a crowdsale will receive. Smiley Smiley
My basis on investing a project is depending on its amount raise, when they only reach the soft cap, my expectation is that they
will be having a hard time to develop the project, people sometimes invest on a company that reach its hard cap as they have more funds to be use in development.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:58:31 AM

I always take hardcap into consideration when I want to invest in some project, if they set the hardcap too high then I won't put my money there. The project will have too much money and marketcap at the start if the hardcap is high and that will make the price hard to go up in exchange, most of the project like that will get the price down for a few months before going up again. It's better to invest in a project with reasonable cap, maybe like 5M max as it's already a lot, that way, it will start with low marketcap and the price can start climbing from there.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: