Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AfterEther, a new Ethereum network  (Read 2039 times)
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 06:49:03 AM

I think you should give more details about your project. yes of course people in here needed website ,road map and bounty campaign on your project and we in here want to know how your project progresses.  

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dixon98

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 06:50:35 AM

What exactly is it in Afterether that will avoid the situation of the bottleneck created by Kitties?

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
German Klimenko

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:53:15 AM

This project could be successful, not so as Ethereum, but I think if developers will make good marketing, this tokens will have the value. I will make bookmark of this thread
Grey00

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 06:55:35 AM

Please tell me when you are going to develop wallets for Windows?  This wallet also will be a console? This is uncomfortable for many. You have a road map? How do you see your development?

hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:05:39 AM

I think this is a good idea, but difficult to achieve
Zveno

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

Guys, why are you creating a new project?  Huh
Everything you describe and even more already exists!   Wink
Get involved with the current project and help develop it.   Cool

[ANN] Ellaism: Ethereum network with no premine and no contentious hard forks
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2168042.0

I'm sure you'll like it.  Roll Eyes
afterether (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:13:29 PM

Theres already an Eth clone its called Ellaism... and hey there is no premine.

The premine is the least important thing here. The problem with all these Ethereum-like coins is that they fork Ethereum's source on Github and then its "relationship" with Ethereum is over. They change either block time or change something that make them different and by that they lose all the marketing value gained by Ethereum. They become another new (alt) coin, with their own rules. They have to market the coin on their own and gain trust in the coin from zero. What Ellaism shows is the denial of Ethereum's authority, or rebelion. They show disagreement of Buterin's authority so they lost all the trust of being an Ethereum-like coin. How can you be sure, they won't change something and become an incompatible coin? And without this trust, you can't treat Ellaism as 100% Ethereum.

What our coin is, is basically a copy of Ethereum. That is why it is called "After Ether", because we are going after Ethereum, not against it. It is not in our plans to change the rules of the game, if Ethereum Foundation changes something in the source code, we will update our sources too. In fact, our sources are done in a patch-like fashion , you can download go-ethereum tar ball, patch it , and you have got AfterEther's source. All our changes are clear, in a matter of 5 minutes you would understand that we are a "carbon" copy of Ethereum. And we do that (use patches) only because current source code doesn't allow configuration of the difficulty, reward and other parameters, otherwise, we wouldn't need to modify sources, just download ethereum source, change the chainID and you are done.

We are not a new coin. Think of us, as the same coin as Ethereum, but different network.

afterether (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:22:01 PM

Please tell me when you are going to develop wallets for Windows?  This wallet also will be a console? This is uncomfortable for many. You have a road map? How do you see your development?

For Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iOS
Our wallet will be done in C++ with Qt framework, so it is going to be fast.
No consoles. Graphic GUI, ERC20 token support , and some features that no other wallet as.
Open source.
We think that by February the beta version is going to be ready.
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:28:13 PM

This is nice to someone took initiative to complete the missing things and already existed issues in Ethereum. I will be looking eagerly for more information about how all this is going to be implemented to make better Ethereum with claimed improvements in the basic protocol.
afterether (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:33:22 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 02:37:26 PM by afterether

What exactly is it in Afterether that will avoid the situation of the bottleneck created by Kitties?

It is all explained in our Whitepaper: http://afterether.org/blockchain-scalability-by-blockchain-clustering.html
jeeri

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:23:23 PM

How do I check if my mining process is running after my unix session timed out? will this run in the back end on VPS?
How can I check the balance of my AET address?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
afterether (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:36:44 PM

How do I check if my mining process is running after my unix session timed out? will this run in the back end on VPS?
How can I check the balance of my AET address?

Your session is probably running ok. To confirm it do:
./geth attach ipc:/home/[USERNAME]/.afterether/geth.ipc

then:
>eth.mining

it will show you current status, which should probably be "true"

To check your balance just paste your address at http://explorer.afterether.org

VPS is not the best thing to use for mining, run this process on real hardware.

Feel free to ask any questions if you still have them.
Zveno

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:16:48 PM

The premine is the least important thing here. The problem with all these Ethereum-like coins is that they fork Ethereum's source on Github and then its "relationship" with Ethereum is over. They change either block time or change something that make them different and by that they lose all the marketing value gained by Ethereum. They become another new (alt) coin, with their own rules. They have to market the coin on their own and gain trust in the coin from zero. What Ellaism shows is the denial of Ethereum's authority, or rebelion. They show disagreement of Buterin's authority so they lost all the trust of being an Ethereum-like coin. How can you be sure, they won't change something and become an incompatible coin? And without this trust, you can't treat Ellaism as 100% Ethereum.

What our coin is, is basically a copy of Ethereum. That is why it is called "After Ether", because we are going after Ethereum, not against it. It is not in our plans to change the rules of the game, if Ethereum Foundation changes something in the source code, we will update our sources too. In fact, our sources are done in a patch-like fashion , you can download go-ethereum tar ball, patch it , and you have got AfterEther's source. All our changes are clear, in a matter of 5 minutes you would understand that we are a "carbon" copy of Ethereum. And we do that (use patches) only because current source code doesn't allow configuration of the difficulty, reward and other parameters, otherwise, we wouldn't need to modify sources, just download ethereum source, change the chainID and you are done.

We are not a new coin. Think of us, as the same coin as Ethereum, but different network.

You made my day. Thank you friend!  Grin  Grin  Grin

If there is no difference between Ethereum and AfterEther, then I will choose Ethereum. Because it is original and earned trust.

P.S. Nothing personal. Good luck to you in development copying.
afterether (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:19:59 PM

If there is no difference between Ethereum and AfterEther, then I will choose Ethereum. Because it is original and earned trust.

There is a difference and it is the price. You can have access to the same technology for 0.20 cents on our network , or for 800 USD on Ethereum's Main Net. This equation is very unbalanced and the market is going to make adjustments towards the middle point, either our coin will appreciate or Ether is going to depreciate.
tramese

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Do More. Sell More. Be More Productive.

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:23:17 PM

lul "premine the least important thing here"....yea lets just sweep the dirt under the rug.

If i wanted a eth coin with a huge premine...i'm going to support ethereum. 

this is a new trend, create new eth blockchains with premine, get rich.

no thanks, good luck with your cash grab coin

http://goodomy.com/ - ...it is only when we enable users to employ the same powerful model for their own benefit that Goodomy will make the greatest economic impact."
Tarlatata

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:44:34 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 12:07:15 AM by Tarlatata

I would advise anyone strongly AGAINST trying this fake coin.

Yesterday I put 2 of my pc onto it. Let them farm for a while. I was one of the 10 first people to post in here and thought to myself "Wow! No one is there yet and I'm getting all the blocks!" after setting up my first pc.

Then I completed my 2nd pc, let it sync and it just started getting me the same 1st block as if no one ever mined it and like if my other pc had not been there either.

Check balance on the first pc, 3500 something ether on block 680 something. It did look like 5 ether per block.

Checked 2nd pc, it saw exactly where it was at, block 120ish with 600 ether.

Asked a friend to try, he had his account ready and started farming for the exact same thing.

We queried each other wallet but saw nothing even though we could see our own.

Definitely a scam. I was happy not to have used the exe of geth that was given and to have relied on my good old secure sourced 1.7.3

Some mod should take a look at this.

Sorry for not posting this info before, the damn website kept blocking my IP.
afterether (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:18:03 AM

I would advise anyone strongly AGAINST trying this fake coin.

Yesterday I put 2 of my pc onto it. Let them farm for a while. I was one of the 10 first people to post in here and thought to myself "Wow! No one is there yet and I'm getting all the blocks!" after setting up my first pc.

Then I completed my 2nd pc, let it sync and it just started getting me the same 1st block as if no one ever mined it and like if my other pc had not been there either.

Check balance on the first pc, 3500 something ether on block 680 something. It did look like 5 ether per block.

Checked 2nd pc, it saw exactly where it was at, block 120ish with 600 ether.

Asked a friend to try, he had his account ready and started farming for the exact same thing.

We queried each other wallet but saw nothing even though we could see our own.

Definitely a scam. I was happy not to have used the exe of geth that was given and to have relied on my good old secure sourced 1.7.3

Some mod should take a look at this.

Sorry for not posting this info before, the damn website kept blocking my IP.

I don't know how did you set up your PC, but we are going on the block 377,000 . So, there is no way you could mine a block 680-something. My best guess is that there is UDP port blocking on your hub,router, or firewall and you didn't sync with our network at all, and mined a local blockchain. When you start `geth` it must first synchronize with the full blockchain, and only then you can start mining.But I don't think you would be able to mine with a PC right now, the difficulty rose a lot overnight. We have explorer setup on our website, you can verify all the blocks. If you are mining, they should appear on the explorer.

Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:24:38 AM

Another ETH protege that will try to follow the ETH's path, hoping for the better and for some changes into a much better coin. Most of the clones or those who immitated an original or the first did not succeed even in some other fields other than crypto, but there's always a first time and who knows, you might be the first to clone the original and succeed and made something better than the original.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
afterether (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:47:54 AM

Another ETH protege that will try to follow the ETH's path, hoping for the better and for some changes into a much better coin. Most of the clones or those who immitated an original or the first did not succeed even in some other fields other than crypto, but there's always a first time and who knows, you might be the first to clone the original and succeed and made something better than the original.

Very good observation. We love Ethereum because we are developers to the bones, and there is no better currency than Ether because of its programmability. So, this is our field, and we are going to make our best attempt. There is a saying "every french soldier carries a marshal's baton in his knapsack", and we have our dreams for success. But first we are going to build our network to make it computationally strong, and then we will look farther.
Tarlatata

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:49:35 AM

I don't know how did you set up your PC, but we are going on the block 377,000 . So, there is no way you could mine a block 680-something. My best guess is that there is UDP port blocking on your hub,router, or firewall and you didn't sync with our network at all, and mined a local blockchain. When you start `geth` it must first synchronize with the full blockchain, and only then you can start mining.But I don't think you would be able to mine with a PC right now, the difficulty rose a lot overnight. We have explorer setup on our website, you can verify all the blocks. If you are mining, they should appear on the explorer.

Sorry, not buying this.

Both my pc have been farming ETH and got over 6 of them in the past months.
Similar with my friend who had the exact same result.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: