Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah, we're in a bubble...  (Read 606 times)
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:34:17 AM

With such a statement, you can, in principle, agree. Bitcoin greatly increases in price without increasing its intrinsic value, only due to unrestrained demand for it with speculative purposes. Based on this bitcoin can be called a financial bubble. That is, it carries certain risks, but it has not yet exhausted its capabilities and so far, I think it is safe to invest in it and make a profit.

CryptoKranthi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:49:54 AM

After reading this, I know we're in a massive bubble now:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-18/fintech-mircocap-stock-jumps-2-400-after-touting-crypto-link

I'm off to the nearest business center to shout "BITCOIN!" and see if people start throwing sweaty money at me...

Possibly, but this people who are in the news and other people who says Bitcoin is in a bubble really do not know how cryptocurrency works. They just base it on the other markets.

Yes. first of they don't understand the technology behind bitcoin and crypto. They are just shouting what they can with zero knowledge seeing the rise of bitcoin. Very soon crypto will overtake stock market and will be the number one market in the world.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:54:32 AM

If u check just news u ll start to doubt about cryptocurrency but this trend is working more than 8 year and it ll grow every day dont read all day news Smiley

Haha, yes. When bitcoin was 11 000$ some people said that it is bubble, but still it is growing! So I just believe in bitcoins and altcoins.
inturist

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:00:01 AM

Like the dot.com bubble   Cry Cry Cry
So we see soon so huge dump. Altcoins grow like crazy.

During 2000–2002, the bubble collapsed. Some companies, such as Pets.com and Webvan, failed completely and shut down. Others, such as Cisco, whose stock declined by 86%, and Qualcomm, lost a large portion of their market capitalization but survived, and some companies, such as eBay and Amazon.com, later recovered and surpassed their stock price peaks during the bubble. - Wiki

Only real companies with applicable technologies will survive.

q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

With such a statement, you can, in principle, agree. Bitcoin greatly increases in price without increasing its intrinsic value, only due to unrestrained demand for it with speculative purposes. Based on this bitcoin can be called a financial bubble. That is, it carries certain risks, but it has not yet exhausted its capabilities and so far, I think it is safe to invest in it and make a profit.
Not so much a bubble, it is better to explain the risk is not more appropriate. The rise in bitcoin and altcoin prices is partly due to the unrestrained work of the printing press in countries around the world. We need one or a group of coins of a constant total amount.

kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:40:02 PM

It feels like a bubble but i dont think it is, because they all seem to be going up and down like a yo-yo.
I guess the biggest yo-yo here is BCash, since it was $800 - $3400  in 1 day. It will be more clearer as time progresses and the new year comes.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Inc_BitSquirrel

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:59:32 PM

Checked that article and I think this is very similar to how such an enormous amount of money entered crypto market over the last few weeks. It is also extremely similar to classic .com bouble from the past.

Currently we can notice hype over crypto which is with no precedent. A lot of John Smith's put their money in btc and altcoins without any knowledge of what they have bought.

I am really afraid that we are just before some major bear run. Of course it won't kill crypto as whole but current gains are not sustainable in my opinion.

StinkyLover (OP)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:30:40 PM

Yeah, we were in a bubble...
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:47:14 PM

If u check just news u ll start to doubt about cryptocurrency but this trend is working more than 8 year and it ll grow every day dont read all day news Smiley
Yeah exactly, almost news today's is just FUD's. We knew about crypto's capability for many years, in fact its magical trend shows continuously until now. Do dips are happen recently, but it couldn't be a thing to consider crypto is in dying scheme. This is common and we have nothing to worry, is just the way it works and we take it for granted.
cryptomunt

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:03:49 PM

Lmao, Bubble? Maybe. However I'm pretty sure the blockchain is here to stay and I'm not afraid it will all collapse. It adds major value to a lot of sectors & by the time we reach mass adoption my portfolio will probably make very happy.
litaf

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:09:25 PM

People who write about bitcoin being bad are most likely risk adverse. Because there are uncertainty and growth potential.
If one actually understands blockchain they know at least its a right investment. Its only because ICO are mostly scams, good project can truly go succeed.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:14:11 PM

I don't agree that the cryptocurrency bandwagon are in the state of bubble, it is still in the infancy stage. The blockchain is still developing, where this technology was widely adapted by large banking and finance companies and other tech companies. Thecryptocurrency market are still in correction period, we all see waves in the charts meaning it is cycling and breathing, so no bubble after all.
CryptoLand205

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:19:56 PM

Any new venture or business in the start-up phase stays in bubble. we cannot ignore the fact that we are in bubble as crypto is totally a speculative market. However, its too early for it to burst.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:22:48 PM

People who write about bitcoin being bad are most likely risk adverse. Because there are uncertainty and growth potential.
If one actually understands blockchain they know at least its a right investment. Its only because ICO are mostly scams, good project can truly go succeed.

Well, the uncertainty on bitcoin being dump at this time is gonna be of the effect of north korea declaring banned crypto currency and added with bad speculation in a news that is a big scam. In this matter it could not be the basis to make panic all of us it's just because of value is reaching to $9, 201.66 to down. But it is the basis to starting pumping the value in preparing for the next month massive increase.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:23:11 PM

Yeah, we were in a bubble...
Yep, we were. Cheap coins anyone?  Grin

I am not sure how people can be so blind, bitcoin was 19000$, dropped to only 9000$ and hole the way down they still say that we were not in the bubble. No, it wasn't bubble, people just panic sold and crashed bitcoin(sarc)  Roll Eyes
twingall1

Activity: 294
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:26:15 PM

I don't like the term 'bubble' it implies everything vanishes after burst
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:45:53 PM

Don't celebrate just yet. Yes Bitcoin and all other cryptos are bleeding now, but one bitcoin is still worth 8000$. If this was a bubble, it will be worth zero. So if you can mathemathics you know that theres a huge difference between zero and 8000. So stop creating fud with starting thread likes this. I think your in crpyto investet too, so do not shovel your own grave.
angohanta

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:49:41 PM

Some coins are indeed speculative and way overvalued, but cryptocurrencies in general isn't in a bubble. There's just too much space for growth yet to be occupied as we are merely a small percentage of people all over the world who knows crypto. It's not about a "quick-rich scheme" at all, rather an adoption of new technology that could most likely change how the world works. Put that into perspective and you can gauge yourself if we are all in a bubble or not.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:28:42 PM

Don't celebrate just yet. Yes Bitcoin and all other cryptos are bleeding now, but one bitcoin is still worth 8000$. If this was a bubble, it will be worth zero. So if you can mathemathics you know that theres a huge difference between zero and 8000. So stop creating fud with starting thread likes this. I think your in crpyto investet too, so do not shovel your own grave.
Thread was created more than a month ago when bitcoin was $18K.
You actually don't know what FUD is and you are too blind to see some facts. As someone who is supporting bitcoin for many years I can tell you that bitcoin was in bubble. Only dumb person can't see it.
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:34:33 PM

I think it's also a great time for alts as well. Personally been looking into ITC for a while and they were even featured in cointelegraph. https://cointelegraph.com/news/unknown-heroes-little-coins-that-generate-big-profit
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: