Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:51:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain & Bitcash  (Read 129 times)
coco0045 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:13:34 AM

Hi,

I'm a totally newbie to all of this but have looked on google and this forum as much as I can (without success) before asking this question so please excuse me if this has been asked before. I am planning (hoping) to purchase the the Antiminer S9 from Bitmain when the new batch is available. However, they do not accept USD transfer or bitcoin as payment but only Bitcash. Simply put, it's silly but I do not even know where to start since Bitcoin and Bitcash recently split. Can someone please put me in the right direction? Where might one go to send Bitcash to Bitmain for the purchase of these machines? Thank you!
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:49:41 AM

you should have your bitcoin cash saved in a private wallet, in case that is not so you can exchange your bitcoin to bitcoin cash in an exchange like bittrex. you ask for the receipt address on the bitmain website and you make the transaction from your private wallet or exchange.

coco0045 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:37:03 PM

you should have your bitcoin cash saved in a private wallet, in case that is not so you can exchange your bitcoin to bitcoin cash in an exchange like bittrex. you ask for the receipt address on the bitmain website and you make the transaction from your private wallet or exchange.

Thank you ldah94 but I guess what I'm asking is that has anyone made a transaction via Bitcash to Bitmain for the purchase of buying one of Bitmain's machines? if so (or not but knows the transaction process) than please let me know. I'm worried as there are fake wallets sites and exchanges out there and since I'm a newbie I'm worried that I'll be scam. For example, use exchange A and than Wallet B to send cash to Bitmain etc. Please let me know the names of these websites (assuming that they are legit and you used them before) as a starting point. I'm assuming that most ppl have gone through this process / transactions before since there are a bunch of sellers selling these machines x 2-3 times the price they must have gotten from Bitmain at one point. I'm not looking to buy and resell but rather to buy and put these machines to work for myself. Thanks!
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:12:08 PM

We have this section on the forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0 and there are too many hardware's there on sale and maybe you can find your luck there to have a good deal with someone that wants to sell his Antminer S9 through bitcoin or USD.

Just use escrow when you transact so that both of you will be safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: