Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me build my 2018 portfolio  (Read 273 times)
JohnHero

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:25:01 AM

My advice would be to buy now only the coins that haven't increased by 300% in the past 1-2 weeks. You must wait for those coins to be red again. I think its a bad time to buy now, as the prices will have to stabilize, that means there will be a dip.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:29:48 AM

If you invest in so many coin and you have only small capital then it will not woth. Please make sure you have enough capital.
If only small capital, just choose maximum five coins like :
1. Bitcoin
2. Etherium
3. Waves
4. Litcoin
5. Xrp or monero (xmr )

I like the list of this and I think this is a good selection for us and although we only have small capital, I think if we have patience to wait for the price is up then it is worth. from those 5 coins, I think waves it is still cheap between the other and I think you can start to invest in waves too. but if you have big capital then you can go with all of that coin list. make sure you can determine how much money you want to used to buy the coins so you know how much profit you want to take.

sozvdhua

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:32:16 AM

My advice would be to buy now only the coins that haven't increased by 300% in the past 1-2 weeks. You must wait for those coins to be red again. I think its a bad time to buy now, as the prices will have to stabilize, that means there will be a dip.
I think now the market is just right, no need to wait a dozen days. Because some altcoin, like bitcoin, do not go down at all. I do not want to go back to regret it.

theory_of_computation

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:54:16 AM

As already mentioned, I think it is not wise to split your money into so many coins unless you plan to invest a really high amount. Choose 5-6 coins and then hodl!
bismarck187 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:36:14 AM

Thank you all. I'm not going to invest a lot of money. I intend to try to climb the cryptoworld with just 1k and see how it goes.

I know some are probably confused as they why I'm diversifying so much (with so a little amount on my head). The reasoning is that I think there are a lot of interesting cryptocurrencies with some fantastic ideas. Some of them sound like they can help to bring the interface of the cryptoworld to the common man (practical and simple ideas) while others could shape the way we do things if they ever get off the paper. I'd like be part of that by making the choices that could get us there, if it ever happens.

Perhaps 2017 will not be a repeatable year in a life-time but going off my top 10 list - if I had started and learned about those cryptos off the white-papers, articles and discussing off the forums, my earnings (if I started with 1k and put 100 bucks in each one) would be something like..

1. Bitcoin (BTC) 2326%
2. Ethereum (ETH) 9329%
3. Monero (XRM) 14470%
4. Ripple (XRP) 11601%
5. Lisk (LSK) 7805%
6. Ark (ARK) 17257%
7. NEO (NEO) 63501%
8. NEM (XEM) 19144%
9. FunFair (FUN) 159%
10. NAV Coin (NAV) 4922%

(my estimates are off the values from early week to YTD) ... which would put my net value at 151.514k if I held it (which I probably will for at the very least 6 months maybe 2 to 3 years depending on how progress goes). I know it's probably easier to just pick off a few but picking a lot can net you a lucky one early on that really pushes up your portfolio (like NEO vs FunFair). 

But I really like the idea of a high-risk portfolio off 30%. Taking chances with hidden gems that might go through the roof. I'm guessing marketcap plays a vital role in picking them up as well as the potential for the idea and some shilling to see the initial price boost (XVG is the perfect example of this when you consider the current XMR limitations - not that I give XVG any credit).

Maybe 45% for cryptos that are developing projects (ETH, ARK, NEO, IOTA), 25% for cryptos with practical uses (REQ, XLM, XRP, LSK) and 30% for cryptos with high-risk profile (??). Does this sound good?
LukaIII

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:58:01 PM

you should look into viberate, its gonna go big in 2018, its gonna be good coin in the future. you can read more about it here: https://www.viberate.io/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: