Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:58:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you ready to exchanges switch-off during massive dump?  (Read 111 times)
dektox (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:53:20 AM

As a lot of trading newcomers last days joining this community, I'd like to speak to you in a SEC manner: be careful, it still high risk investment. My question is: are you ready to global exchanges switch-off during the massive, universe dump?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:02:40 AM

Lol.. wtf..
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:14:19 AM

As a lot of trading newcomers last days joining this community, I'd like to speak to you in a SEC manner: be careful, it still high risk investment. My question is: are you ready to global exchanges switch-off during the massive, universe dump?

This made me laugh hard.  Grin Good job on posting this one as you made my day by making LOLing out here in my room. For those who will read this thread (especially the noob ones), there will be no "massive, universe dump" as this fellow one is stating in his OP. There will be some dumps here and there and that will always be present in any exchange because that's just part of any market with trading involved in it.

If by any chance, you have any proof of what you're saying, be my guest and put it here. Don't spread FUD where you can't support right away.
nomadedigital

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:42:23 AM

The only thing one needs to be prepared for is the lot of new exchanges popping up most of them frauds, universal dump...yeah right..that sounded like some major universal pile of turd coming earths way? sorry im keeping OP tone Cool

███████████ 🌐 PlusUltra 🌐 Asset Platform, Crypto Debit Card & ERC20 Token  ██████████
████████████████ [ Website ]  [ Whitepaper ]  [ Twitter ]  [ ANN ] ████████████████
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:51:28 AM

I am prepared for every outcome but that one would be weird if all exchanges simultaneously went offline. I am expecting the SEC to ruffle some feathers but not all the feathers at once...

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
dektox (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:54:31 PM

I am prepared for every outcome but that one would be weird if all exchanges simultaneously went offline. I am expecting the SEC to ruffle some feathers but not all the feathers at once...

I mean offline for a while, and then switch on again. Some of them would make it on purpose, some just wouldn't manage to deal with huge traffic.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:00:38 PM

There is an influx of more heavy capitalization coming into the crypto space, that is an undeniable fact. I do believe there will be larger whales manipulating the markets due to their large wallets and there will be influence coming from various sources, like for instance today when Bitcoin and many alts were dumped because those backing Bitcoin Cash are trying hard to overthrow Bitcoin. Am I ready fr mass dumping? Well that really depends on what is being dumped. The crypto markets are highly speculative and not for those without a thick skin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:38:53 PM

Of course. Massive DDOS attacks targeting exchanges usually coincides with major downside volatility. Even without targeted attacks, the volatility of a blow-off top will probably cause trading engine malfunctions and exchange outages.

This causes inexperienced traders to mash the "market sell" button while orders aren't executing. When the orders finally execute, they've often sold the bottom.

I mean offline for a while, and then switch on again. Some of them would make it on purpose, some just wouldn't manage to deal with huge traffic.

We'll see more of this as the markets evolve. Regulated markets always have "circuit breakers" to mitigate volatility. For example, the CME and CBOE contracts have price controls that shut down trading once triggered.

It seems like Coinbase already has informal price controls.

RayDali0

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:09:39 AM

Yes ready Smiley
I am starting to get out.
ETH was really nice  Grin
dektox (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:23:53 AM

As the main exchanges were online during the last dump (19.6k to 6.2k per bitcoin), it makes me think that they wanted people to sell. It makes me bullish as for the future prices.

But the question is still in place. If the price drop will be caused by relatively unpredicted and unfavorable by exchanges reasons (Tether fall for example), I still think that they will be closed for a while (some of them for purpose, some of them due to overload)

What do you think, what they will do during the Tether fall?
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:35:12 AM

As the main exchanges were online during the last dump (19.6k to 6.2k per bitcoin), it makes me think that they wanted people to sell. It makes me bullish as for the future prices.

But the question is still in place. If the price drop will be caused by relatively unpredicted and unfavorable by exchanges reasons (Tether fall for example), I still think that they will be closed for a while (some of them for purpose, some of them due to overload)

What do you think, what they will do during the Tether fall?

While it is true that some exchanges have been known to shutdown during sudden price drops, I don't think it's a general thing

source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bitcoin-value-latest-trading-suspended-exchange-crash-cryptocurrency-investment-a8126116.html

I would think that most exchanges are better prepared for it now, most of them have been upgrading their server infrastructure after the massive influx of new users before New Year.
You can't be completely certain that some of them are doing it on purpose or not, but I guess it's a possibility.

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:35:35 AM

Why are you trying to cause FUD? Do you have any support for your claims? Why are you even mentioning that a massive "universal" dump would ever occur?

Your statement only shows how little you know about cryptocurrencies, and like many other uninformed investors you seem to be only driven by FOMO or FUD, and that is not a good policy for crypto, or any kind of investment actually. Have you watched the SEC and CFTC Hearing? They were quite positive when they talked about bitcoin and crypto in general, and that is the type of positiveness that we want. They don't want to kill innovation, and at the same time they want to protect investors from possible scams. ICOs are the problem, since the majority of them are scams, and regulation must hit hard on them. Bitcoin on the other hand, has some solid foundations and a lot of potencial, so why would a massive dump ever occurred?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████