Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ether Wallet (MEW), is it safe to use it?  (Read 1810 times)
crypto zen (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:10:12 AM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this?  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marimobaka

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:38:44 AM

I have the same issue with you, I want to send my coin to other exchange (mercatox) but still field and I lose my gas. i don't know how to get solution about that, maybe other member can give our solution.

xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 04:10:45 AM

That's odd. I've never had problems with MEW or Trezor/MEW. Try to bump up GWEI gas. MetaMask is also another great Ethereum wallet. I only trust those two. Good luck!
sandy14350

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:53:24 AM

my ether wallet is completely safe to use... because it is considerd as the bank of switzerland for many people and also its the best erc20 capable wallet.... but if your private key is compramised... we cannot do anything...
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:01:06 AM

my ether wallet is completely safe to use... because it is considerd as the bank of switzerland for many people and also its the best erc20 capable wallet.... but if your private key is compramised... we cannot do anything...

Yes MEW is one of the best wallet to have as it also support your ERC 20 token . As today mostly if you participate in any bounty or airdrop you need to provide them the ERC 2O compatible address and MEW s the best option. Private key for that matter if it is compromised for any wallet you may land up in trouble since you are compromising with security of your wallet.
pjhom

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:31:53 AM

Yes.  My ether wallet is safe.  Make sure you are using the correct site though.  Apparently there are some phishing sites out there trying to steal.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:40:10 AM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this? 

Using myetherwallet.com, i never had any address change issues. Myetherwallet is one of the widely used wallets by millions with confidence.
If you are unable to transfer ether from ledger nano, just use myetherwallet's online version without feeling scared and your transfer will be processed.
Make sure not to disclose sensitive data of your wallet so that you will be kept safe from hackers
almighty_lama2

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:41:21 AM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this?  

Based in my experience I have alocated in MEW most of my tokens with no problems so far.
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:54:06 AM

Ive been using myether wallet since last year and i dont have any bad experience using it so its safe my account never been hacked. just remember to book mark the real mytherwallet and check if its real website  there are many site copying myether wallet to steal other peoples money .
Honglee

Activity: 156

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:17:56 AM

Yes MEW is one of the best wallet to have as it also support your ERC 20 token . As today mostly if you participate in any bounty or airdrop you need to provide them the ERC 2O compatible address and MEW s the best option. Private key for that matter if it is compromised for any wallet you may land up in trouble since you are compromising with security of your wallet.

Absolutely, but if you open from your desktop saved files instead open from website, it is much safety. hope im not wrong.
And i also seldom open it mew, in case i m busy, i just check directly from etherscan.io or ethplorer.io instead every time i custom add token, it disappeared for next open or next next login. token tracker can make you more easier inside etherscan. Cheers

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

myethereumwallet is a great place to save coins or tokens that really safe like a safety deposit box. In addition to the safe of course also very protected from disturbance of hackers.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:40:28 AM

First of all your private keys are stored at the Ledger Nano S. Any transaction is signed by the ledger and nobody see your private keys. Moreover MEW is very legit and the most usable ethereum wallet.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ranyar

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:55:23 AM

The use of MEW in everyday work is quite convenient and safe, the main thing is to add the original site to bookmarks, so as not to get to the fishing site and not lose your tokens.
If you have a lot of money - it's better to use some additional security measures, such as Metamask or a hardware wallet.
jam22

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:12:03 AM

Yes it is safe to use, I always use my ether wallet when I'm rewarded with tokens. And as for me, it is the safest wallet.

ItsCrafty

Activity: 826
Merit: 135

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:45:14 AM

Security depends on your system equally. So make sure your system is clean of viruses and Trojans. MEW is perfectly safe to use and I personally never had any problem with using it.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:32:47 PM

My etherwallet is safe to use for storing the token that i receive payments for bounty campaigns and airdrop.Easy to use.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:21:17 PM

My Ether Wallet is good and is safe to use, make sure it is the right site and don't be handing your private keys to anyone except My Ether wallet.  MEW is one of the main go to wallets for all ETH tokens,  you should be okay using it.
Angi

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:34:19 PM

Yes mew is safe many users that capable use mew than others because mew is morethan secure to any kind of wallets for eth and erc20 wallets but if someone know your private key no one can solve it because private key is very important than anything else is you lose and anyone can know about your private key they steal you money from it.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:52:18 PM

keep your private key safe don't give to anyone it will be safed
DragonCoinZ

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:08:43 PM

MyEtherWallet is very safe. The question is, is your computer too? When you have a failed transaction, the most time is the problem that you put few Gas amount. So you have just to give enough gas to transfer you token.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: