Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lending Platform ICO - 401(k) Principles  (Read 109 times)
cpass700 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:17:14 AM

I came across https://www.kineticunion.io today. They seem to be an interested lending platform that will match lender's investments up to 75%. They are launching an ICO in less than 48 hours. What does everyone think about this? Too risky?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 03:48:57 AM

It's rules reek of ponzi scheme.

Here's what concerns me:
  • Requires a lock in period, which means the investor loses control of decision making - this is the opposite of how traditional investments work; If the company believes in its business model, why be so concerned that people will withdraw their investment?
  • Loans cannot be guaranteed, so either these people don't understand bitcoin or they really don't plan on keep the capital invested secured
  • "401k" is not an investment principle, nor is it a way to describe the matching companies do for their employees; This company has used "401k" as a central part of their value proposition, yet they clearly don't understand what "401k" is
  • Why would they pay dividends on funds the investor didn't actually invest? They mention that your loan is matched with another loan of a lesser size and the investor gets dividends on both - this isn't logical

Stay away from this thing, it's rubbish.

Any new investment idea that has a lock-in period is a classic ponzi scheme. They require the early investors to lock in their investment to buy time for more investors to join and then they take the funds and disappear before the lock in rate ends or once they believe they've maxed out the investments gained from the hype.
cpass700 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:28:27 AM

Interesting take on this and I agree with some of things you said. Locking in your money and getting paid from other's people money. One can say that company's are a huge ponzi scheme as well; They take your money and "invest it" and charge you and arm-and-a-leg if you withdraw sooner. Would you platforms such as bitconnect, hexacoin, usi-tech is a scam. I actually feel like all ICOs are scam, because they can disappear at anytime and there is nothing that can be done about it. I think I will take a risk as there is none like this. So far I'm still above water on investing in ICOs. I'm hoping that 1 investment will make it big for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: