Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin is the best for cpu mining?  (Read 363 times)
ekuro (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:33:09 AM

Hi, guys, this is my first post on this forum.
I wanna ask which coin is the best for cpu mining, not gpu, fpga, asic.
I think scrypt algorythm (or yescrypt?) is better. for example, globalboosty..
Please give me some advice.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5612

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:44:02 AM

CPU Mining?
There aren't any profitable options for you.
But just for fun or experience, you can try Monero or Electroneum.
If you didn't really need the rewards often, run a full node ETN because it's small at this date.

Join a pool for any of both options if you need a little bit if profit.
Electroneum: easier to mine, price might grow in the future.
Monero: the price is better today.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:18:37 AM

if you want to try mining with cpu. using minergate or Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner v3.9.
WaddleWigs

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:12:31 AM

You'll want to choose something that is CPU exclusive or doesn't favor GPUs. Cryptonote coins are going to be the most popular suggestions. At the moment, Electroneum is still profitable, but much less so than it has been. I've been switching between Intense Coin (which I'm probably now bailing on, as it seems like they've sold out. So maybe, it would be profitable to keep mining, but it doesn't feel right.) and Ultranote. I have moderate hopes for Ultranote, it seems cooler than a lot of projects where I can mine 1000s of coins with my CPUs. Verium is CPU only, but the rewards are really slow at this point. Could be worth it in the long run, though, as it seems like a legit project.

Other potential things to investigate, though I don't recommend them in any way as I've never tried them out and they could be viruses wanting to get up in your business.
-ROI coin
-Iridium

Try and find the newer coins out there. Easier said than done.
ekuro (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:27:53 AM

CPU Mining?
There aren't any profitable options for you.
But just for fun or experience, you can try Monero or Electroneum.
If you didn't really need the rewards often, run a full node ETN because it's small at this date.

Join a pool for any of both options if you need a little bit if profit.
Electroneum: easier to mine, price might grow in the future.
Monero: the price is better today.

Thanks for the reply.
I'll join the pool and try to mine Electroneum! (Monero too.)
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:58:46 AM

You can try Credits (CRDS) which can be mined trough the wallet. It is CPU mining only. Other options are Verium, Yenten or Aeon which all can be mined with CPU. Aeon use the cryptonight-light algo which is a bit more CPU friendly than cryptonight.

I see CPU mining as a complement to GPU mining. Most of my mining computers have both CPU and GPU mining at the same time but not always the same coin. I have one computer dedicated for CPU mining only but that computer is a server with four CPU sockets. Some old Opteron or Xeon servers are great for CPU mining but beware of high power consumption and sound level.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
nytewind

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 12:03:20 PM

Hi, guys, this is my first post on this forum.
I wanna ask which coin is the best for cpu mining, not gpu, fpga, asic.
I think scrypt algorythm (or yescrypt?) is better. for example, globalboosty..
Please give me some advice.

electroneum on an i7 will get you more than 10 ETN per day right now that's really good on laptop power usage
ekuro (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:51:08 PM

if you want to try mining with cpu. using minergate or Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner v3.9.

Thanks for the response.
I'll try them! thanks!
oddity2505

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:10:35 PM

What is more profitable as of today, XMR/ETN on cryptonight algo or myriad/globalboosty on yescrypt algo? Using some regular core i3/core i5 cpus.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:41:31 PM

I would go with one of the cheaper CryptoNight coins so you can accumulate a few, ETN or Sumokoin.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ekuro (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:02:26 AM

You'll want to choose something that is CPU exclusive or doesn't favor GPUs. Cryptonote coins are going to be the most popular suggestions. At the moment, Electroneum is still profitable, but much less so than it has been. I've been switching between Intense Coin (which I'm probably now bailing on, as it seems like they've sold out. So maybe, it would be profitable to keep mining, but it doesn't feel right.) and Ultranote. I have moderate hopes for Ultranote, it seems cooler than a lot of projects where I can mine 1000s of coins with my CPUs. Verium is CPU only, but the rewards are really slow at this point. Could be worth it in the long run, though, as it seems like a legit project.

Other potential things to investigate, though I don't recommend them in any way as I've never tried them out and they could be viruses wanting to get up in your business.
-ROI coin
-Iridium

Thanks a lot informations!
I'm trying Intense Coin, and it seems good for now.
After mining other coin that you informed me, I decide to which coin is best matching for me.
WaddleWigs

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:15:19 PM

-ROI coin
-Iridium

After mining other coin that you informed me, I decide to which coin is best matching for me.

You're welcome!
Also, a couple other things you could look into:

1. Using miningpoolhub.com to mine Monero and autoexchange it to DGB or just something cheaper than Monero.
2. I'm going to try mining BBR today and see how that goes.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:30:00 PM

-ROI coin
-Iridium

You're welcome!

1. Using miningpoolhub.com to mine Monero and autoexchange it to DGB or just something cheaper than Monero.

I am new to mining side alone. I recently started the 8 Rx 470 cards rig in my he itself. Now I mine the ethereum with the nanopool and using awesome miner to mine. So I see around 15 to 18 USD per day. I do like monero and I wish to mine it. What would be best suggestion with the cards I have. How many hashes it produce for monero mining specially.
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Best coin for cpu mining are
1:Aeon
2:boolberry
3:bytecoin
4:Darkcoin.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
WaddleWigs

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:37:28 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 11:06:58 PM by WaddleWigs

-ROI coin
-Iridium

You're welcome!

I am new to mining side alone. I recently started the 8 Rx 470 cards rig in my he itself. Now I mine the ethereum with the nanopool and using awesome miner to mine. So I see around 15 to 18 USD per day. I do like monero and I wish to mine it. What would be best suggestion with the cards I have. How many hashes it produce for monero mining specially.

I just checked on https://whattomine.com, and it was suggesting Musicoin at this moment. But they don't seem to list a lot of the highest potential options, in my opinion.

I was dicking around with a bunch of different options the last few days, and for the moment, I'm going to stick with putting all my power at Ultranote. I think it's a good project with a huge potential for growth, and ultimately I just believe in it more than my other options. I'm mining to hold it. If you're mining to turn and sell I'd go with whatever is most profitable at that second, currently Musicoin or Electroneum. You could potentially get more immediate returns with selling at Nicehash, but these things tend to fluctuate very rapidly.

As far as the hashes you'll get for Monero, I'd just get https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases and try it out and see how it goes. I recommend trying https://miningpoolhub.com/, as you'll be able to set your rig to automatically exchange whatever you're mining into any of the other coins the pool mines. So you can mine XMR and get paid in Ethereum, or whatever. Useful for when certain algorithms have higher yields on one machine than another, like with CPU mining.

P.S. You could also try BitcoinZ. I have a feeling a few days of hashpower could pay off in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: