Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:04:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Dictates Bitcoin Price Increase?  (Read 224 times)
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:25:58 PM

It depends on many factors, but more often the minority determines the price of bitcoin. Because they own the vast majority of bitcoin and make rules for us toplay.

Hang on, what do you mean by the minority? As far as I know, it makes sense that the majority of investors determines the price of bitcoin. Your second statement makes more sense than your first.

Bitcoin price increases is (in my opinion) solely independent on the demand of bitcoin. It's simple economics, which throws people off often. The more people that are willing to buy at a certain price, the higher the price goes because they're likely to buy at a slightly higher price. This just continues to climb on, and so we end up having price increases. The unique thing about bitcoin is that the prices across exchanges can vary significantly. This is because the demand on one exchange can be higher than others and vice versa.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:51:15 PM

It depends on many factors, but more often the minority determines the price of bitcoin. Because they own the vast majority of bitcoin and make rules for us toplay.

Hang on, what do you mean by the minority? As far as I know, it makes sense that the majority of investors determines the price of bitcoin. Your second statement makes more sense than your first.

Bitcoin price increases is (in my opinion) solely independent on the demand of bitcoin. It's simple economics, which throws people off often. The more people that are willing to buy at a certain price, the higher the price goes because they're likely to buy at a slightly higher price. This just continues to climb on, and so we end up having price increases. The unique thing about bitcoin is that the prices across exchanges can vary significantly. This is because the demand on one exchange can be higher than others and vice versa.

I think the same.The price of bitcoin will surely increases with the time.Due to the reach among many countries,the price of bitcoin is keeps raising.The price is raised this much due to two things,one is decentralized and second is it's cannot controlled by any government.Many are invested their money and holding for long,just holding of bitcoin will increase the price of bitcoin.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:24:23 PM

Just stop talking about dips, we all know that bitcoin will always have downs/ups all the time.

And there is nothing new with that! Stop being so skeptical guys, the price is clearly manipulated by the whales and most times it is only manipulated to go up.

The same happens with all those governments who are always punishing bitcoins or trying to do as much as they can in order to make it disappear!

It is a shame to see that a lot of people are talking shit about bitcoin.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:22:02 PM

This guy is having a hard time on his research i guess and everything is on the internet.

Bitcoin price depends on many factors such as forks, halving, demand and supply etc., and if the price keep on rising everyday the price correction will be there to maintain the balance of supply and demand basis of the price. And if you see that Bitcoin is going down, this is just normal on any supermarket that you see there is always a fluctuation once the market is active in buying and selling.

melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:28:04 PM

I completely understand what you're saying, however how do you see it possible for a bit going to hit its highs 50 or $100,000 per coin? There are so many coins in existence and if you take that 50 or $100,000 multiplied times the number of Bitcoins available, it would equal to more money than was available in currency in the world put together. Any thoughts on this? Or do you think that this is when they will crash and burn?

Do the math. The global base money supply is something like $14 trillion. 21 million bitcoins @ $100,000 is only $2.1 trillion.

Only? I don´t mean to be rude but there is no way BTC is going to be that huge percentage of global money supply.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: