Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More structure needed in this subforum  (Read 1001 times)
cryptocash (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:27:12 PM

Since the time of only LTC and NMC as altcurrencies have clearly passed and every other day new coins pop up
I really think we need to have a much better structure in this sub forum!

Here's what I propose:

Once you enter the alternate currencies sub forum there are sticky topics like:

- List of all currencies
- General information about alternate crypto currencies
- Comparing crypto currencies with one another

and then sub forum for every single coin in alphabetical order in the following format:

LTC - Litecoin (ALIVE)
NMC - Namecoin (ALIVE)
PPC - Peer2PeerCoin (ALIVE)
SBC - SuperBitCoin (Announced)
SHC - Shitcoin (Dead)

Every thread should be moved to its own sub forum.
Whenever in doubt wether to put into one or another (e. g. discussion about different properties / features of several currencies)
put into the sub forum which it relates to most and post a link the other related sub forums

Example:

Is Litecoin really better than all other scrypt based cryptos?

=> thread gets moved to LTC-Litecoin subforum and a link to the thread gets posted in all the other scypt based currencies.

What do you think?

ATM this massive flood of post for all the different currencies is just to messy. You simply can't find anything you're looking for.

AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:28:21 PM

Most of the good ones have their own sites and forums too already. (...and some of the bad ones too.)
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:29:55 PM

Why? This is Bitcointalk, not Clonesofbitcointalk. If you want structure, go to Cryptocointalk.com or Altcointalk.co.uk.

cryptocash (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:33:13 PM

Because everyone comes here first for Bitcoin and then starts reading about other coins.
Secondly this forum is clearly the center of the Bitcoin AND Alt. Crypto communities.
Unless an announcement about a new coin / currency isn't posted here it doesn't exist.
(Even ripple had to post here and give hugh giveaways to gain some traction - ok, it backfired but still).

This messy sub forum for all cryptos is simply overwhelming and non informative anymore.

thekidcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:36:25 PM

If you want structure become an architect

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:37:22 PM

Sure, but the moderators have stated on numerous occasions that they won't change the way this subforum is run. There are plenty of coins announced on Cryptocointalk that gain traction before being announced here days later, so it's possible that this subforum will eventually be closed and will have a sticky redirecting people to alternate forums for this sort of chat.

cryptocash (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:39:00 PM

Really that's the best you can do?

Honestly, suppose you come here and find something about a new coin and you're interested in it.
A few hours later you want see whether there have been any new threads about this coin.
By then it has already moved to page 17 or something and you can't find it anymore.
Whom does this help?

PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:40:46 PM

You simply can't find anything you're looking for.

Its called the search box for a reason.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
cryptocash (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:41:14 PM

Sure, but the moderators have stated on numerous occasions that they won't change the way this subforum is run. There are plenty of coins announced on Cryptocointalk that gain traction before being announced here days later, so it's possible that this subforum will eventually be closed and will have a sticky redirecting people to alternate forums for this sort of chat.

OK, I am fine with that.
But is it really to much to ask to organize the post according to the currency it relates to.

Let's have a list of currencies then and a link to there forum. Fine!

But what we have now simply doesn't make any sense any longer!
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:44:33 PM

What do you think?

There's nothing to think. That was proposed and rejected. End of the story.

cryptocash (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:45:46 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/3325k5d.jpg

yeah great - have you actually tried this search box?

a) time restrictions
b) you get a lot of shit you weren't looking for at all
c) if you look for a particular currency a lot of posts come which do not even have anything to with them just because somwhere in the thread someone posted something like: ah another ppc/ devcoin / freicoin copy

Actually I really don't understand why this isn't evident and regarded as a massive flaw.
For people who develop software logic and structure shouldn't be words that trigger fear or disdain.
cryptocash (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:47:42 PM

How about bookmarking the threads you want to come back to?

If you want to read about several currencies you end up with hundreds of bookmarks within days.
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:48:05 PM

yeah great - have you actually tried this search box?

a) time restrictions
b) you get a lot of shit you weren't looking for at all
c) if you look for a particular currency a lot of posts come which do not even have anything to with them just because somwhere in the thread someone posted something like: ah another ppc/ devcoin / freicoin copy

Actually I really don't understand why this isn't evident and massive flaw. For people who develop software logic and structure shouldn't be word that trigger fear or disdain.

No, I offer suggestions on how to make finding things easier without actually trying them, duh!

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:00:32 PM

IMHO something like...

-Announcements
-Pools
-Giveaways

...would be enough.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 08:27:15 PM

I'm sorry, but this sounds like the whining of someone that doesn't know how to use site:bitcointalk.org in Google. This is a technical forum for technically minded individuals that are interested in Bitcoin. Non-technical users have other places they will be - they won't be interested in altcoins or mining. If you are a technically minded individual with an interest in mining, I'm pretty sure you're able to Google for info on the altcoin of choice and stumble across it. Newbs don't need to see new scamcoin announcements as they come in, they need to familiarise themselves with the landscape before they get caught up in this fast-moving space.

cryptocash (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:16:57 PM

I'm sorry, but this sounds like the whining of someone that doesn't know how to use site:bitcointalk.org in Google. This is a technical forum for technically minded individuals that are interested in Bitcoin. Non-technical users have other places they will be - they won't be interested in altcoins or mining. If you are a technically minded individual with an interest in mining, I'm pretty sure you're able to Google for info on the altcoin of choice and stumble across it. Newbs don't need to see new scamcoin announcements as they come in, they need to familiarise themselves with the landscape before they get caught up in this fast-moving space.

Just because you're an technical person doesn't mean that you want to spent hours on a search engine if it could be so much easier for everyone.
Of course I can use Google and/or the search function of the forum but it is simply inefficient and sometimes even partially ineffective.
If every coin had it's own section, you could just hop between coin infos and could always find the latest news/hottest topics of a particular currency.

As it is every time you come back you have to redo the search and manually/visually have to filter out the crap.

But never mind. Obviously nobody sees the need for it so I won't bother trying to convince anyone anymore.
It's a mystery to me but whatever.

Thanks for reading & commenting, though.

Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:54:45 PM

But never mind. Obviously nobody sees the need for it so I won't bother trying to convince anyone anymore.

Obviously you don't read: many see the need but the Powers-That-Be don't.

cryptocash (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:12:21 PM

Obviously you don't read: many see the need but the Powers-That-Be don't.

Sorry if you feel offended. That wasn't my intention.
The majority didn't seem to think it's necessary (at least that was what I was getting from the majority of comments.)

It's interesting, that the 'powers-to-be' yet again decide what the subjects need or want.
But that is another story...
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:42:14 AM

I use to be for organization ...I've come 180 - I think its working just fine as it is .

I think its perfect just as is.

don't like it ?

I'd stop using it if i were you .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: