Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:58:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Mining Farms  (Read 150 times)
leftover_potato (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:01:56 AM

Good day,

I'm looking for mining farms like bitfury, bitmain, genesis mining etc...

Reason: To invest in a mining facility managed by service providers and i'm free to visit whenever I like.

Recently, Bitfury quoted me USD 2mil for a container set up which consists of B8 miners. Each B8 is said to miner around 43TH/s and uses 6.5kW in power.

Anyone can recommend similar service providers or investment opportunities alike?

I know genesis is more towards cloud mining and I am not interested with it. I prefer physical machineries within my control but hosted and managed by service providers.

TQ! Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:13:25 AM

It is possible that walmart and amazon define the business ideal in terms of mining solutions. Both walmart and amazon were able to reduce operating costs by eliminating middle men in their supply to distribution chain. If the same principles were applied to operating a mining business, it could constitute eliminating suppliers and proxies and taking a more DIY approach.

As far as I know, cost of electricity is everything with mining. Chinese miners could have advantages there in terms of them having state support or direct access to small hydroelectric plants with which they're able to power their miners boasting a lower watt cost per hour than equivalent coal powered installations. China's cost of labor too could be much lower than in the united states or europe.

A somewhat state supported chinese mining outfit, armed with cheaper-than-coal hydroelectric power run by employees with lower labor costs could be tough for miners in the united states or europe to compete with. Their entire mining business model may not be competitive, which could be why we see miners offering to outsource their cost, rather than reap the rewards on their own.
leftover_potato (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:56:24 AM

It is possible that walmart and amazon define the business ideal in terms of mining solutions. Both walmart and amazon were able to reduce operating costs by eliminating middle men in their supply to distribution chain. If the same principles were applied to operating a mining business, it could constitute eliminating suppliers and proxies and taking a more DIY approach.

As far as I know, cost of electricity is everything with mining. Chinese miners could have advantages there in terms of them having state support or direct access to small hydroelectric plants with which they're able to power their miners boasting a lower watt cost per hour than equivalent coal powered installations. China's cost of labor too could be much lower than in the united states or europe.

A somewhat state supported chinese mining outfit, armed with cheaper-than-coal hydroelectric power run by employees with lower labor costs could be tough for miners in the united states or europe to compete with. Their entire mining business model may not be competitive, which could be why we see miners offering to outsource their cost, rather than reap the rewards on their own.
hmmm... so in other words, look towards China?

I found several quotes mostly from Canada and US. And it is rather slightly pricier compared to a Asian hosting.  Wink

Thanks!
Fluer

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:06:30 AM

Why invest in mining in almost 2018? Mining is becoming too outdated less and less projects tend to opt for it. If you want to stay long in this business (I mean cryptocurrency at all, not just mining) you should probably follow the last trends, examine new blockchains and their technologies rather than spend your money and efforts on something that will be already out of use in a few years
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:50:31 PM

hmmm... so in other words, look towards China?

I found several quotes mostly from Canada and US. And it is rather slightly pricier compared to a Asian hosting.  Wink

Thanks!
No doubt that the Price of hosting in Asia is cheaper than Europe, United States and Canada and the reason behind this is the labour charges and more unemployment. In US and other first world countries, most of the people are already doing some job and making good money out of them, so bitcoin is plan B for them so they do it without any competitions, whereas in Asia, people are doing these things as full time job and trying to get more clients with competition among themselves.
coindetective

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:47:16 PM

R u sure your best option is PoW mining? You can get even better profitability with PoS/MN technology without investing into pricey and useless equipment.

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:59:59 AM

Good day,

Reason: To invest in a mining facility managed by service providers and i'm free to visit whenever I like.

Recently, Bitfury quoted me USD 2mil for a container set up which consists of B8 miners. Each B8 is said to miner around 43TH/s and uses 6.5kW in power.

Anyone can recommend similar service providers or investment opportunities alike?

I know genesis is more towards cloud mining and I am not interested with it. I prefer physical machineries within my control but hosted and managed by service providers.

TQ! Wink

Does the 2mil USD package include maintenance and repairs for broken equipment? You see I've visited a mining farm once in the past and they're really costly to run, these miners gets broken too easy.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
IzhMine

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:36:54 AM

Good day,

TQ! Wink

Hello,

Our company specializes at production of mining containers. Here is our specification FYI:
https://imgur.com/a/TZJGx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: