Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:08:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Litecoin? STAY AWAY FROM BTC-E - They are Killing Litecoin's Economy  (Read 4246 times)
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:52:31 AM

btc-e have THE worse support I have ever experienced

Obviously not a Mt Gox customer.
clearcrystal

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:54:57 AM

btc-e have THE worse support I have ever experienced

Obviously not a Mt Gox customer.

They are both doing a great job at being terrible.. Only cryptsy seems to do well.

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 11:55:30 AM

- I agree they probably don't have the best support and i spoke about that on another thread

- this also points to the fact that they may have been slow to adjust the LTC fee .

so lets say all this is true , that's all fine until you want to exchange to fiat .

Cryptsy if it ever has Fiat input or output will be to like "Citibank" or "Paypal" - (none of this is Cryptsy's fault they are a victim of circumstance.)

you miss the point completely .

oh well, none of this is really my concern anyhow ,

roll tape. . .  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 12:04:45 PM

I've always found Vircurex to be a great litcoin exchange (among other coins).

Btc-e has been an unneccessary evil for me.  I made an account, but haven't used it yet because there are always easier, more professional options like vircurex.com out there.

Let's hope gox picks up LTC & makes us all millionaires; however, that may be a pipe dream as Mtgox is losing market share.  We'll probably want another exchange to lead the charge, but most importantly, we need businesses & people to start using LTCs for it to grow.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
illpoet

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:11:24 PM

i have to agree with messiah here. the .5 ltc fee is a relic from the days when ltc was trading @ .07 usd. now that its worth more than a dollar they should lower the fees for their own self interest. you can obtain litecoins from many other places now, it doesn't make a whole lot o fo sense to use btc-e especially if you are buying. if you are selling even then you lose a huge chunk by the time the money gets to your pocket.  the trollbox is pretty fun to read tho.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
litecoin_messiah (OP)

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:43:17 PM

Before you go all loopy on us did you ever consider this :

1. it was changed to that when the LTC fees where very high - remember the "you must upgrade your LTC client" warning was this not related to trying to drop the fees ?
I honestly think you have no idea what you are talking about. Not trying to offend you here but Litecoin's fees have been low for Weeks, If not Months if you count the Client which was in Testing Phases. BTC-E has definitely Upgraded there Wallet, They are just extorting Customers and Taking advantage of there Status as the Most Popular Litecoin Exchange.

2. Did you ever make them aware of your grievance before, kind of going full retard like this ?
Now you are being Offensive are you not? Where am i going "Full Retard"?

Sure i might look like i am over reacting, hell quitting smoking might contribute to some of way i am explaining this. However, You Intimidating me does not change the FACT i am pointing this truth out with Evidence.

3. the allegation that it was BTCe that DDos Cryptsy is really laughable , I find it really very stupid , personally I think you are trying to give yourself a little too much credit here , even if LTC trades went to Cryptsy BTCe is dealing in fiat and it will eventually come back to them in the form of BTC anyhow , so why would they care?
Sure the Allegation is laughable. For some people like you who seem to be narrow minded individuals who give biased opinion.

But i don't make nothing from this, I don't even hold any Litecoin to even care, I am doing this as i like the Litecoin community and want it to succeed.

So my opinion is not biased, And the reasons i think BTC-E is behind this attack is there trade volume has dropped quiet a lot and moved to Cryptsy. They will be the ones making money from this when users are forced to come to an alternative exchange in the meantime, That is there motive. No one else has this Motive or will spend the money or resources on performing this Attack. This hasn't happened on such a scale either to Cryptsy Until now, So either it is a very BIG CO-Incidence, Which you assume. or we can go our guts and what we know of BTC-E as being a shady business and accept it is much more likely they are behind this attack instead of believing in such a co-incidence.

Like it or not, I do talk to plenty of people. My actions sound a little cringe worthy with the tones i use but that is because i don't give a fuck what people like you think.

People like you always look at how stuff are described instead of trying to understand. I am not giving myself plenty of credit, I just assume i did reach out to quiet a few people that ended up switching to alternative exchanges and must have done quiet an impact that BTC-E Banned me off there Exchange and held my funds.

4. I think BTCe will expand their horizons of various currencies in future i think they are just being careful about picking quality and stability .

OK starting to think we have a BTC-E fanboy here.
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:19:17 PM

Although I do still trade on BTC-e as they are one of the most stable exchanges, I have to agree with the 0.5 LTC fee being pretty ridiculous. It almost seems like an attempt at keeping 10-20%+ from anyone who wishes to withdraw small quantities. It wouldn't be difficult for them to implement a % instead, or even just drop it to a more reasonable cost; they may even make more in the long term that way. The only good this may be doing for LTC is cutting down on generating lots of transactions in the block chain from people gambling using their exchange wallet.

I find myself spending a lot more time on Cryptsy now but mainly because I invest in PXC and a couple other coins BTC-e doesn't carry yet. I also like Cryptsy's interface and the fact that the devs will actually communicate with you and provide support on the fly.

BTW I avoid the hell out of Vircurex. Had an account there and after they got hacked multiple times in a single month I withdrew everything and haven't looked back. Since then they've been hacked / gone down a few more times too so I stand by that decision.

Anyway I'm not calling shenanigans on BTC-e yet as it may just be a lingering issue from when the price was lower. That said, they really need to address this because as pointed out earlier, the LTC withdrawal fee is at least 500% higher than that of the next exchange's. This is certainly causing an imbalance and leading anyone who may wish to withdraw LTC to sell it first and withdraw something else. Kinda hard to argue against that  Undecided
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: