Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: who else thinks that coinbase fees are WAY to HIGH?  (Read 7199 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:48:13 PM

Coinbase fees are out of controll. I can see that they are a buisness and need to make money but they all ready cover the bank fee by charging a bank fee and then on top of this they get ten bucks if you buy ten or fifty bucks if you buy fifty.... thats to high especily becouse they get you going both ways! buying and selling. does it really cost 20 bucks to put 20 coins back into my bank account? or does it cost 15 bucks (plus bank fees) to take my money and buy some coins?

on top of this they want you to wait a week before you get the coins or the money. I think its rediculious for that kind of fee.

what do you think, do you want lower fees on coinbase? if you do then comment below and maybe we can get them to lower them a bit.

dont get me wrong i like coinbase and i like there service but if enough of us say somthing then maybe they will take there fees down a bit.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:01:10 PM

Not sure where your getting your information but coinbase only charges me 1% when buying or selling btc. As for bank fees, everything they do is ACH, there are no fees for that unless your bank is charging you for it (not coinbase).

Now yes it will cost you $20 to transfer 20 coins (roughly $2000 atm) but in terms of fees, that is really cheap.

Anyway, unless I am missing something, coinbase is one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest way to buy BTC instantly.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:07:51 AM

yes and i think its to much. if it was that much on exchanges it would be ridiculous. i know its not an exchange. i know its 1% and i just think taking ten bucks out of my money to buy ten coins and another ten to sell ten coins is tough man. 20 bucks for a bot to transfer. and only recently it has been instant. but you got to do a lot to get that instant. they still have not verified me. dont know why. I have done everything they have asked. just saying that its to much.

ATM 1% people would flip.

but if your fine with paying that then thats cool. no big. I would rather pay less. keep MY money.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:14:58 AM

I dont always have coins but when I do I sell for mt gox last plus 4 percent, which i personally think is cheap. I also send the coins instantly. When the payment hits my account I send.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 12:53:09 AM

For me it is 1% plus 0.15 bank fee, I consider this fair.

To purchase 5 bitcoins right now, it would cost me $4.65 plus the cost of the bitcoin itself.

Even if you are buying the max per day of 50 btc that is around $45-$50 for instant btc purchase.

If they choose to keep the 1% fee when the price of btc goes to 10,000 then I would say that is a little hefty but we have a little bit before that happens.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:13:28 AM

That is cheap but dont you have to wait 4 days to get coins? and dont they cancel orders when the market conditions change?
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:42:24 AM

That is cheap but dont you have to wait 4 days to get coins? and dont they cancel orders when the market conditions change?

As a verified level 2 user (w/ ID confirmation), you can purchase bitcoins instantly. Haven't experienced any canceled orders yet.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:08:10 AM

that is very fair sounds like 2 percent to get coins instantly.
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:00:29 AM

nope, I have level 2 verification and can and have done instant bitcoin purchases, and have yet to see an order cancellation.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:30:51 PM

This just happened to be in the news feed I have heard this complaint many times before.   Topic: Coinbase cancel "high risk" buy - now seeking agent in Los Angeles  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261239.0

btceic

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 03:24:13 PM

This just happened to be in the news feed I have heard this complaint many times before.   Topic: Coinbase cancel "high risk" buy - now seeking agent in Los Angeles  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261239.0

^fud

http://blog.coinbase.com/post/44046687068/high-risk-transactions

tl;dr;
email or call them and you should get this cleared up asap

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:41:40 PM

I agree they are high, and especially since they give no volume discounts or anything.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:44:14 AM

Resurrecting this thread because damnnnnnnn Coinbase is stealing from people.

I thought about getting some cash from some of my bitcoin holding and WTF!!!

Talk about going WellsFargo and PayDayLoans! Dear God almighty do I feel burned by not reading fee details before wasting my time on Verification with Coinbase criminals.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: