Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to analyse white paper for viability  (Read 151 times)
amat11025 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Hello everyone

How do we analyse ico white papers?

wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:42:36 PM

First look at team. It`s good if there are famous people and especially famous devs. Then - understand, what sphere of project? Good if it is FinTech, they usually grows faster.
Study project yourself + see reviews about this project.
RosemaryNarrative

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

Narrative is the new Content Economy

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 06:46:12 PM

Have you ever watched the show Shark Tank? When reading a white paper for an ICO, consider yourself one of the Sharks.

You'd want to know that the entrepreneur (and team) are worth betting on, you'd want to know their resume, you'd want to learn about the size of their market opportunity and long-term prospects for that market, and you'd want to see that they have a solid plan for achieving success. Ideally, you also feel some interest or affinity (or at least support) for their concept. If they have a working prototype, you might want to sample it.

If none of these boxes are checked after reading the white paper and checking out the website for the project, move along to the next ICO until you find a good fit.

dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:57:12 PM

First look at team. It`s good if there are famous people and especially famous devs. Then - understand, what sphere of project? Good if it is FinTech, they usually grows faster.
Study project yourself + see reviews about this project.

I agree you should look at the team, but I do not think it matters if there are famous people on the team. Unless you are meaning famous crypto developers, then yes. I think though that you just need to look at the team's experience and how well rounded they are. You also should loook at how well thought out their idea is. Many ICOs launch with a very loose idea that they haven't thought out. Make sure they have a well thought out business plan.

SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:00:51 PM

If there is already an MVP or even a functioning product that you can try out, that's a good sign. A lot of ICOs sound really great and promise a whole deal of good stuff, but their whitepapers read as plain idealistic. Does their roadmap make sense to you? Is there even a roadmap or just some vague plans?

With regards to the team, also look at how transparent they are about team members' bios and experience. For most projects, I don't see a good reason to be really secretive about this stuff, since people are expected to put their money and their trust behind the ICO in question.
JanePorter

Activity: 52
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:10:47 PM

Guys, can you tell me is mytimecoin project is ok or not? I've recently found its on this forum in announcement section and can't figure it out.
Fridalucia

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:49:51 PM

Guys, can you tell me is mytimecoin project is ok or not? I've recently found its on this forum in announcement section and can't figure it out.

I also read it and tried to figure it out. I think you should first research the founders. Altough the idea sounds great. You know that mytime are not the only one to develope this concept?
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:36:24 PM

In picking a coin, you don't analyze the white paper initially. First, you need to know who are the brains in charge of the coin's development. If the devs are respected and well-known for their work, that would be a great indication that you are in for a ride. Now going on to the whitepaper, make sure that everything is well-placed and well written. Honestly, white papers that are grammatically incorrect is already a no-go, knowing that the author of it doesn't really have any good command of the English language, much more to public relations and addressing concerns etc. Lastly, make sure that there are no jargon bullshit on every part of the whitepaper. It should be easy to understand even with all of the specifics and technicalities included on the text.
wazir101

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:42:08 PM

you should take a gander at the group, yet I don't think it is important if there are renowned individuals on the group. Unless you are meaning well known crypto designers, at that point yes. I think however that you simply need to take a gander at the group's understanding and how balanced they are.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: