Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:19:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right exchange?  (Read 879 times)
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:32:17 PM

What exchange do you buy/sell your cryptos? What is the best? How have you chosen the one you use?

to choose a good exchange market you can see the websites and trading volumes they have, if the websites they have are good and all functions run smoothly and have a very high daily trading volume already on make sure the exchange market is very good, for example is bittrex.
Another way of choosing is its popularity in social media that tells it has a good reputation in terms of security and processing fee. Plus surfing its website back ground, examining the buy and sell graph and checking forum regarding that exchanges.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:39:09 PM

There is some good advice already here , just pick one of the popular ones , binance for example. You will find people with problems with almost every exchange , but at least pick one where the owners are known. And never keep your money on an exchange longer then necessary.

eolitic

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

There is some good advice already here , just pick one of the popular ones , binance for example. You will find people with problems with almost every exchange , but at least pick one where the owners are known. And never keep your money on an exchange longer then necessary.

you are right about not keeping money on an exchange, although it happens very often. it's time consuming to trasfer money from exchanges to wallets right after the transactions. and can't miss to mention about the fee on transactions.. so yes, ideally it's very recommended not to keep your money on exchanges, but in reality it happens all the time with almost all the people))) unfortunately
Ratash

Activity: 1540
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:56:10 PM

i prefer hitbtc because you can deposit your tokens or eth very fast and it is easy to use and the orders are good
cryptogirlboss

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:01:41 PM

I started with coinbase, then gdax, then tried the usual famous bitterex and hitbtc.

Nowadays I use mostly asian exchanges like binance or huobi, the reason:
- more coins
- new coins released frequently
- better fees
- many new contests happening
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:35:06 PM

I started with coinbase, then gdax, then tried the usual famous bitterex and hitbtc.

- more coins
- better fees

The thing that I'm looking for on the exchanges are : Ease of use of it and it has user-friendly interfaces,The payment methods or the fees that is involved for buying and trading cryptocurrency,It has a good and fast customer service whenever theres a trouble on you trades,A very welcoming community and the most no. 1 thing I'm looking forward on exchanger is the security of it because almost all of the that you won't want to happen to you is being scammed or subjected to fraud and hacked by another user. My top picks exchanger are: Binance,Etherdelta(but it always down or having maintenace issue),Bittrex,KuCoin,Bitfinex,Idex. It is up to you on where do you want to start trading in those said exchangers.
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:40:28 PM

What exchange do you buy/sell your cryptos? What is the best? How have you chosen the one you use?

Here is what you should look for in an ideal exchange:

1) Security: The most important aspect to look after is if it is using standard security practices or not. You must have heard about numerous exchanges being hacked and investors having money there loosing all their investments. Thus, this is the most important feature to look for if you want to keep your precious bitcoin investment safe.

2) Customer support: Next aspect to look after is customer support. Suppose, one of your payments gets stuck and you are unable to contact the support for days. It can be very frustrating and thus you should check this beforehand. This can be done by sending them some inquiries before registering and seeing response time.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:45:38 PM

Number one rule is to study a group of exchanges and see the ones that have never been attacked by hackers.
Hacking is inevitable. But if proper steps are taken, it may slow down the process. But you can't blame the exchanges if they fail to do so as they are humans too and can make mistakes(not talking about those shitty exchanges where they stage a hack), though it is their sole duty to keep the funds secure.

- more coins
- better fees
I don't like the fee system in binance. You will be charged more if you don't use binance to pay for your fee - pffft. And their withdrawal fee is more horrible than their laggy interface. I know its a good exchange but they should take steps to fix those.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
SRL

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:52:21 PM

You should consider a number of parameters to judge and find out the
best Bitcoin/cryptocurrency exchange:

- Witch country you are in?
- How safe is the website and server? Secure exchanges are better.
- High liquidity.
- Transaction fee structure of the exchange like fixed fees, percentage
- fees and spread.
- Whether exchange provides transparent data of coins transactions, prices,
and volumes?
- How many and which currency pairs are available to trade Bitcoin, for
example USD, Euros, and other fiat /government issued currencies, or
Altcoins?
- Multiple options to buy Bitcoin like PayPal, credit card, etc.
- Are customers happy?
- Beginner-friendliness.
- Good user ratings.

Here's some of the top exchanges:

- Coinbase
- Bittrex
- Kraken
- Bitfinex
- Coinmama
- Localbitcoins
- Gemini
- Bisq
- Cex.io

New one (I havn't tried it do) USA only
- Robinhood App (Customers in California, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana and New Hampshire states only)
Zero bitcoin fees
hjop01

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:03:30 PM

If you want to choose the right exchange, you have to know what is the advantages and what is the disadvantages of that exchange and choose the one that fit with you.
exul

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:15:02 PM

The best exchange should be charging lower fees, carefully look at these as they differ across the board.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

Of course, we want not to be scam nor we don't want to loss our money in just a single click. A lot of newly created exchanger which could make us doubt of it's capability and but it could give us a lot of options which one are offering a low and high price.
But if you're really new in crypto, you better choose the old existing exchanger because they trusted for so long and many people are using it. 
terciduk123

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:50:11 PM

I adjust where the coin works with the exchanger and I see the sales volume of the coin. so choose the exchanger can not be picked carelessly and must be chosen carefully for the coins that we piih but can be sold or bought with a good price.
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:57:43 PM

The choice of exchange floor depends a lot on the cryptos you want to exchange. If it is Ethereum, then OKEx is very popular in the exchange ETH to USDT and BTC, the total trading volume accounted for 8% of the market. You can select the exchange floor quickly by looking at Coinmarketcap corresponding to the cryptos you need to exchange.

Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:59:36 PM

You can trade to these exchanges site like binance,  bittrex, poloniex,  bibox you can start trade and you can choose a lot of altcoins there and they have a lot of traders too so that's why this is safe. It's your decision if you want to trade on that exchanges site but I hope you can make a research of list of exchanges site so you can choose best exchanges site for you.  Choose wisely sir better to those have big volume trade everyday.
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:14:27 PM

Depending on your use, you can select the most suitable exchange for you. I usually use Binance and Kucoin because it meets such factors as: low cost, high security, easy to use interface, fast transaction and very good support. Consider these factors to choose the most suitable Exchange for you.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
antuankek

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:37:26 PM

I think the best way to find a good exchange is to look for the top exchanges on coinmarketcap and find the one that has a coint that you want to exchange
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:59:20 PM

the best exchange is if they have the best responds and very good when serve the customer or when there's some complaining about the transaction in or out from their account
lenj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:50:11 AM

It really depends on your requirement. For example if you simply want to buy BTC and HODL then  I would suggest Coinbase.  But if you are planning to do some trade every now and then, you should chose something else.

Coinbase fee is way too much for doing trade. i use  kraken  for some small trading.

Coinbase is very famous exchange but not all of country is accepting to use coinbase.
Kraken is old exchange too but i never use this site. The way choose exchange is from customer testimonial so we choose it because its popularity.
JPablo

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:38:23 AM

Better to look on the website's review, try also to research the website if it is scam or not. Try to ask someone who made transactions already from them.
Yes this is true many websites exchanges are spread now but you can choose what is the most effective for you or not.For me as of now I'm using cryptopia,coinexchange and binance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: