Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right exchange?  (Read 879 times)
Bit4UTeam (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

What exchange do you buy/sell your cryptos? What is the best? How have you chosen the one you use?
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:19:40 PM

make sure you check a few things before determining the exchange site you use.
The verification method used. Make sure the verification data you send to the exchange is acceptable and make your status verified. this may take several days to verify the data. And if your data is rejected and can't be fixed, you should look for other exchange sites that can accept your verification data.

an unverified account may cause a person unable to withdraw any money in the exchange site. And don't forget to make sure the maximum and minimum value for withdrawal.
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:24:11 PM

It really depends on your requirement. For example if you simply want to buy BTC and HODL then  I would suggest Coinbase.  But if you are planning to do some trade every now and then, you should chose something else.

Coinbase fee is way too much for doing trade. i use  kraken  for some small trading.
garet

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:27:39 PM

Agreed that you should look at the verification process of the exchange.

More fundamentally, you will want to make sure that it is reputable (ie is not a scam), that there is decent volume being traded in the coins you wish to buy/sell and that the exchange offers you sufficient security options (MFA/2FA is a must).

In general, one way to identify the best exchange for you (you can use more than one FYI) is to look at the coins you want to buy/sell on CoinMarketCap.com and see which markets they are being traded on. Once you know where those coins are trading with the highest volume, you should have a better idea of which exchange you would prefer to use.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

You'll have to check their compliance with your jurisdiction's regulations, and in some cases, their compliance with other jurisdictions' regulations if those countries have aggressive governments (for example, BTC-e was temporarily shut down by the US government and 45% of their customers' funds were taken).

You should also check their history of security - have they been hacked?  Have funds been stolen from them before?  There's also a couple of cases in which the exchange appears suspicious (such as Bitfinex) and you should avoid them.

Even though there are a large number of complaints for most Bitcoin exchanges, Coinbase and Bitstamp are examples of exchanges that would be okay.
MARAI NAZ

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:30:35 PM

What exchange do you buy/sell your cryptos? What is the best? How have you chosen the one you use?
Finding a good exchange is not such an easy job. i think it require a good experience and hard work. you must have good knowledge about exchange.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:34:10 PM

As for me, i choose an exchange that has a large volume of trading, the number of coins listed and their history. I would suggest to look about the Bittrex, Poloniex, yobit or Coinexchange, they are all good together with C-CEX, Livecoin and many others, i used to trade on different exchanges because i'm doing the arbitrage trading.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
audiman

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:34:19 PM

first you should search forum for any feedback , review , history of the exchange , to make sure the site are serious and not a scam
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:35:17 PM

To buy or sell bitcoin best on the market. You need to register an account in advance because all exchanges there is a problem with the verification of accounts and Bank cards. It may take a month or more. If you need money urgently then you can use online exchangers. They do not require verification but the exchange rate is less favorable there. Decide you ultimately.
UnusualMouse

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:36:15 PM

Better to look on the website's review, try also to research the website if it is scam or not. Try to ask someone who made transactions already from them.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:40:35 PM

first thing you would mind, would be the security of the exchange. Then the verification of the users, this will be the best feature on any exchange, they will make sure for the legitimacy of your accounts. Then finally the support, faster response on their support the better the exchange. That's all my suggestion.
lankyman

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:45:34 PM

Surely u would only use an exchange if it can exchange in to your fiat currency right ?
I was wanting to get a different exchange account but i dont understand the point of doing so.
Please can somebody enlighten me ?
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:46:49 PM

I look for a couple of factors like cheapest buying and highest selling rates (also to take note of the cheapest fee %) of a particular exchange, how long has the exchange been in the market and its historical track record with security and quick response to support tickets. I also need a fast and responsive trading platform that doesn't lag or pause very frequently due to downtime. I hope soon exchanges would allow their users to set the mining fee by themselves.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:50:40 PM

I personally use localbitcoins for buying and selling bitcoins because it is accepting my local currency and also many good offers available in this exchange.While we buying and selling thay use escrows so there is no fear of scams.So I choose localbitcoins for these reasons.
UnusualMouse

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:51:03 PM

I look for a couple of factors like cheapest buying and highest selling rates (also to take note of the cheapest fee %) of a particular exchange, how long has the exchange been in the market and its historical track record with security and quick response to support tickets. I also need a fast and responsive trading platform that doesn't lag or pause very frequently due to downtime. I hope soon exchanges would allow their users to set the mining fee by themselves.

some exchanges sites right now is taking to long to confirm a transaction. I think you also need to include that factor.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:53:55 PM

It really depends a lot on what your personal needs are.

Do you want to stay somewhat anonymous? What payment methods do you want to use to deposit fiat? What kind of interface do you want? Etc...

Any exchange can suddenly disappear, get hacked or take your Bitcoins away, some might be safer than other, but you should always expect the worst and prepare for that.
Obviously, you should never keep funds on an exchange unless you're day trading.

Even if you're day trading, you shouldn't put all your funds on an exchange and sent everything back to a wallet you control after you're done.
You can temporarily use altcoins for that since the Bitcoin fees are so high.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:56:32 PM

Try the top exchanges and decide which suites you more. Some put priority on the quantity of coins that are available on an exchange. Some look into the support of how much the transactions fees are. It's advisable if you have a lot of btcs to try each with a small amount

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
richardivan

Activity: 321
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:56:53 PM

Surely u would only use an exchange if it can exchange in to your fiat currency right ?
I was wanting to get a different exchange account but i dont understand the point of doing so.
Please can somebody enlighten me ?
if your local exchanger is trusted and as big as poloniex orbittrex then you only need account on your local exchanger, since you can withdraw direct to your local currency.
for me i use poloniex because my local exchanger only have 10 altcoin +1 bitcoin to trading, its hard to trading there cause there is not much coin's variation

▄▄▄█████▀████▄▄▄
       ▄█▀▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▀█▄
    ▄█▌███▐███████ ██████▌███▐█▄
   ██▌████▐███████ ██████▌████▐██
  █▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄█
 ██▌██████▐███████ ███████▐█████▐██
▐██▌█████▌████████ ███████▌█████▐██▌
███▌█████▌████████ ███████▌█████▐███
█▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄█
▐██▌█████▌████████ ███████▌█████▐██▌
 ██▌██████▐███████ ███████▐█████▐██
  █▌▀█████▐███████ ███████▐████▀▐█
   █▄▌▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▐▄█
    ▀█▌████▐██████ ██████▌███▐█▀
       ▀██▄▌▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▄█▀
          ▀▀▀█████▄████▀▀▀
██
██

██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██

██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
██▀ ▀███████████
███▄████████████
██  ▐█ ▀     ▀██
██  ▐█   ██   ██
██  ▐█  ▐██▌  ██
██  ▐█  ▐██▌  ██
▀██████████████▀

▄            ▄
 ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▌
 ████████████████
▐████████████████▌
███▀          ▀███
▐█▌  ██    ██▌ ▐█▌
 ▀█▄          ▄█▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▐▄▄        ▐▄▄▄
▐████▄    ███████
▐█████▐▄ ███████▀▌
▐█████▐██▀█████▄█▌
▐█████▐███▄▀█▀▄██▌
▐█████    ▀  ████▌
  ▀▀██        ▀▀█▌
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:01:24 PM

Well, at first, you need to find what exchange supports your coin. For example INS Ecosystem, is only supported in Bittrex. So bittrex is the exchange you'll use. And next the exchange you can do good trades such as those exchange that has stop loss.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
UnusualMouse

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:02:41 PM

Some exchanges sucks at supporting their clients. I really hate those exchange sites who gives burden to their users just to get a single reply from them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: