Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:27:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox is refusing to answer my questions!  (Read 468 times)
listifyer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:51:18 AM

I attempted to withdraw roughly 500 usd from mtgox on June 14th. This is almost a week before they began their "two week delay" It has now been almost three weeks since they claimed the delay ended, yet they still have not processed my withdrawal. I received the confirmation email on the day I submitted my withdrawal and it is still listed as "confirmed" on my account history page (completed withdrawals are listed as "processed"). I had successfully withdrawn usd twice previously, and both were processed in less than one week.

I tried to contact mtgox support but received no response. I did receive an email on the 19th saying a "dennis" was assigned to my question but all he did was send me a link to their press release claiming the "delay" had ended. I had made it clear in my question that I was already aware of said press release, so It definitely seems that either mtgox or "dennis" are trying to just avoid my questions.

Since I can't get any kind of answers from mtgox perhaps you guys can help me:
Is mtgox just really far behind on everyone's withdrawals or am I in a unique predicament?
If they really are just behind on withdrawals then how far behind are they?
Are they currently working on withdrawals submitted in late May?
Have any June withdrawals been processed yet?
What would be a good estimate for when they will finally be processing withdrawals made in mid-June?
Has anyone ever been helped by mtgox support or do they always just try to avoid any questions?

Of course I was already worried about a withdrawal taking more than three weeks (not counting the two week delay) but the fact that they seem to be avoiding my questions forces me to worry that they have lost my money.
mrtbitcoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:47:26 AM

I am new to the Bitcoin arena, but I have accounts for trading USD <-> BTC with both MtGox and Bitfloor. As you're likely aware, Bitfloor has bit the dust and many of us are still trying to get our USD funds back (BTC are already written off, sadly). FWIW, my advice based on the very protracted, painful, and frustrating bitfloor experience: be patient and watch forums here on bitcointalk closely.

I am fascinated by the emerging currencies such as BTC, but my perspective has been that there are a lot of both good and not-so-good folks out there trying to make things happen in the Bitcoin world. So, I hope MtGox will start speeding things along for you, but hopefully you will get your money and in the mean time I hope you will not become too stressed/frustrated with the process.

Last point, I think a lot of folks are settling in on MtGox after Bitfloor dibacle, and all this activity could be complicating matters too.

Best wishes!  Cool
Jhantor

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:54:25 AM

You can read about all the troubles with Mtgox in the Service Discussion forum. My advice would be for you to move your money from one exchange to another and cash out. You might also want to consider localbitcoins.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: