Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Buffet does not invest in Bitcoin, why?  (Read 262 times)
bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 03:45:03 PM

The worlds greatest investor doesn't believe in bitcoin. What do you say?

"You can’t value bitcoin because it’s not a value-producing asset...it's a real bubble in that sort of thing.” - Warren Buffet.

Source : https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2017/11/06/why-buffett-sees-bitcoin-bubble/#43a11fbe62a8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:54:02 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 04:11:52 PM by mjglqw

Simply because probably every other investor in general has their own preferences on what to invest in.
Also, I really don't want to judge Warren Buffet(as he's probably 10x or more smarter than me), but also probably because he fails to understand how bitcoin works and some of it's important technical aspects that makes bitcoin a really valuable asset. This is usually common when talking to the older crowd that doesn't know much about computers in general, even if they're really knowledgeable or even experts in certain fields.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:04:20 PM

Buffet's strategy is based on looking for companies undervalued on fundamentals and buying up when low/cheap.  No matter what your view on the future of bitcoin and crypto, there are little to no fundamentals - they are not businesses* they have no assets, no cash flow, no products etc.  You could ask why doesn't Warren Buffet invest in Yen, gold, or wheat futures.

He's dead right that there is nothing to value, if you want to argue against that you need to first acknowledge bitcoin is not a currency.

(*actually thats arguable, many ICO are looking very much like equity offering in disguise)
kiwasmose

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:09:38 PM

Warren Buffet is not a God, he is only good at the stock market, and I'm sure he doesn't have to know bit more about some of the legendary members of our forum. And he also often has examples of investment failures, we do what we do or insist on their own judgment.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:12:12 PM

first of all, how do you know he has not invested in bitcoin? are you inside his pocket that you know where every single dollar of his is going to?

additionally, people like Warren Buffet doesn't really need bitcoin. it actually is too small for them to even look at it twice. you see bitcoin rise and think it is big but in their eyes it is tiny!

in fact Buffet is the major shareholder in one of the world's biggest financial services with the revenue of $210 billion. and his shares broke $300,000 per share yesterday! you think he cares about tiny bitcoin that he can not own majority of? LOL

There is a FOMO brewing...
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:18:08 PM

"You can’t value bitcoin because it’s not a value-producing asset...it's a real bubble in that sort of thing.” - Warren Buffet.

Source : https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2017/11/06/why-buffett-sees-bitcoin-bubble/#43a11fbe62a8

Warren Buffet is notorious for going after traditional industries and not investing in anything internet related because he doesn't understand it. Someone who doesn't understand the internet is unable to understand bitcoin as well.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:23:55 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

First of all, he's stick to his old principles to buy just what he fully understands and to invest in something safe and predictable. So he simply doesn't understand Bitcoin because he can barely turn on a computer; he didn't even invest in 'old' tech companies like Microsoft or Google. He prefer to choose predictable investments like insurance or coca cola. He's quite old too so he maybe doesn't have the energy and the brain to learn new stuff. Maybe he may be a bit lazy as well.
Bitcoin is not predictable because of its violent volatility.

Second, he has big interests in Bitcoin competitors, such as banks and governments bonds. Since Bitcoin could have the power to destroy both governments and banks, he just chose his side.

wielkiemonety

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:25:53 PM

first of all, how do you know he has not invested in bitcoin? are you inside his pocket that you know where every single dollar of his is going to?

additionally, people like Warren Buffet doesn't really need bitcoin. it actually is too small for them to even look at it twice. you see bitcoin rise and think it is big but in their eyes it is tiny!

in fact Buffet is the major shareholder in one of the world's biggest financial services with the revenue of $210 billion. and his shares broke $300,000 per share yesterday! you think he cares about tiny bitcoin that he can not own majority of? LOL
Buffett doesn't care, and this response hit it right on the spot. Why should he? It's too much risk and the money he's making is killer regardless. Billionaires will be billionaires  Grin
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:40:15 PM

I'd say I don't believe that NEM/XEM will make it, but I own 10k coins (at around 50 cents each) anyway since it's peanuts just in case.      I'd bet that somewhere in his organization (with his money being handled) that there are those with discretionary funds who are playing (or researching) btc in the same way in much larger quantities (likely in the hundreds of millions of dollars).   

sent from my X6
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:51:44 AM

What do you say? I would like to get your opinion on this.

I think people put too much weight on the opinion of other investors (no matter how successful they've been). Nobody can take away from the investment achievements Buffet has made over his lifetime, and I'd still consider him one of the greatest entrepreneurs of all time, but that doesn't mean he's right about everything. I'm sure Buffet has missed out on many opportunities as do all other investors. I'm sure he's lost millions on certain ventures and I can tell you he's obviously lost tens of millions by not investing in bitcoin as well. I'm not even going to claim that his opinion is wrong here because only time will tell on that front, but I think his thinking is a little outdated on this and he's a bit of a dinosaur these days when it comes to investing (the guy doesn't even own a mobile phone so I'm not sure how he could wrap his head around the potential of the bitcoin and blockchain technology). Could bitcoin be a giant bubble? Of course it could. Will it? I don't know... I really hope not, but even if it was he still could have made millions if not billions on it in the meantime. Just look at the Winklevii twins and how much money they made by having the balls and intelligence to buy into what they see as both a revolutionary idea and the huge potential it has as an investment... and they weren't wrong. They're now billionaires all from an 11 or so million dollar investment I believe. So what do I say to Buffet? Only time will tell but I'm sticking with bitcoin at least for the time being and he can stick to buying stocks in whatever companies he does but there's not really much difference between the two and even if bitcoin does turn out to be a bubble that doesn't mean you could have profited in the millions from it in the process.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:55:14 AM

Well he did say that he never invest into something that he doesn't understand so it's not weird that he isn't into bitcoin. It's his principle and we can force him to change that because we believe bitcoin is the future. Bitcoin is going to be big even without Warren buffet.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:22:37 AM

I think He's not too greedy to take advantage in every Field, including Cryptocurrency Fields. And I think He has enough with the investment he has today. Therefore I think that He is not one who wants to always take advantage of a Cryptocurrency trend.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:26:17 AM

He is a value investor looking for under priced assets that yield a return on equity which is favourable. His way of valuing businesses and assets which lead him to value 1 bitcoin at $0. It has no inherent value and it pure speculation. it is also the reason why he has never and will never hold any gold.
Crown1

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:28:44 AM

I think his vision has not kept pace with the development of The Times. In the future, he will regret that he did not invest in the blockchain and invest in bitcoin. Many institutions have changed their views on bitcoin.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:09:10 AM

I think his vision has not kept pace with the development of The Times. In the future, he will regret that he did not invest in the blockchain and invest in bitcoin. Many institutions have changed their views on bitcoin.

His vision?  He's an investment strategist, not a futurologist. I'm sure the billionaire has no financial regrets.   Cheesy

bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 10:28:27 AM

No, Mate. I'm have not been inside his pocket. He implies so as quoted by Forbes. May be its too small for him but I'm asking if he is right in his judgement of bitcoin as a bubble.

Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

Even a genius man can do mistakes,, what more warren buffet?. Humans are prone to miscalculation if the matter tackles emotional attachment and personal principles.. Even with his vast experience in investment and as an expert in that field,, he is not open~minded to an orthodox or unfamiliar technology that happens instantly without proper marketing or advertising from mainstream..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
HappyLocust41

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:37:52 AM

He probably didn't have the luxury of time to learn about Bitcoin and how it works. That causes someone to misunderstand and be afraid to invest.
bitcoinKnight809

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:39:34 AM

He probably didn't have the luxury of time to learn about Bitcoin and how it works. That causes someone to misunderstand and be afraid to invest.

Well, I doubt that he understood Bitcoin as well since if he did, he would have already invested even just a portion of his holdings.
BumbleBeast27

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:41:11 AM

Probably busy with other stuff? And you're right. If he only knew the potential that Bitcoin had. Well, some opportunities are not meant for everyone.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: