Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:10:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER Exchange - Theft from client account for over $150, 000 USD  (Read 78 times)
Peaceful_Guy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:48:51 AM

Dear Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts,

I am a Cancer patient, 33 years of age and based in Sydney, Australia. I had suffered a significant loss when BTER seized all the BTC in my account and in the weeks and months following, had also taken other cryptocurrency coins also worth over $30 000USD.
Is anyone familiar with the legal system in China?

Are there any legal protections for foreign clients of crypto currency exchanges who suffered significant losses resulting from the direct theft of their funds in their exchange accounts?

Can I personally sue BTER for stealing 12 BTC along with several crypto currencies from my account? I am planning a trip to Beijing in the next few weeks but need to do my homework first.

BTER chooses not to reply to my communications, although I have records of all my coins to present as evidence in the courts however I really do not want to be wasting more time and money if the chances of success are minimal to nil. Please share your thoughts. I wish for justice in my life time...

Please share your thoughts regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

Peaceful_Guy
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:22:49 PM

I`m sorry about your problems.
Holding huge amounts of cryptocurrencies in exchange platforms (even big and trusted platfroms) is a horrible mistake.I`ve never used that BTER exchange platform.If it`s located in China it has something to do with the cryptocurrency trading restrictions and the ICO ban conducted by the chinese government.
I don`t think that foreign sitizens are protected by the chinese law in any way regarding cryptocurrency trading.You should talk with a layer from China.

pushkarmore

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:35:51 PM

I`m sorry about your problems.
Holding huge amounts of cryptocurrencies in exchange platforms (even big and trusted platfroms) is a horrible mistake.I`ve never used that BTER exchange platform.If it`s located in China it has something to do with the cryptocurrency trading restrictions and the ICO ban conducted by the chinese government.
I don`t think that foreign sitizens are protected by the chinese law in any way regarding cryptocurrency trading.You should talk with a layer from China.

I agree with him, my dear friend  and I am sorry about your problems

I don't think Chinese government gives any kind of protection for foreign citizens, especially after the banning of ICO Chinese exchanges, and trading firms have suffered from some big issues like your's , and if you want to know whether can we take any legal actions upon them then you can better search for complaints in search tab which is available on the home page of this forum ( i do not have the link of that thread) or you can try to search on google or any other crypto related website.

I will try from my side and let you know if there is any solution available for your problems, take care, my friend.
Peaceful_Guy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:21:44 PM

Please know that I really do appreciate your sincere reply's. Thank you both so very much...

Warmest Regards & God Bless,

Peaceful_Guy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: