Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon ASIC chips help  (Read 1249 times)
realestone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:35:11 AM

im totally new to btc mining chips ect ive been trying to read around the forom maybe some of you can help me i understand these avalon chips go on a pcb board right? how much Mhash can you expect from reach chip and how many typically go on a board and also how does one find someone to assemble these on a board for use someone in the usa hopefully thanks for all the answers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 06:09:48 AM

You look like you have no clue at all about anything. Please for the love of God go read up about these things before you end up just losing all your money.

No way, this guy should totally go out and buy $74k worth of Avalon chips without any idea what to do with them.

kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:31:10 AM

im totally new to btc mining chips ect ive been trying to read around the forom maybe some of you can help me i understand these avalon chips go on a pcb board right? how much Mhash can you expect from reach chip and how many typically go on a board and also how does one find someone to assemble these on a board for use someone in the usa hopefully thanks for all the answers

Take no notice,
Just start reading some of the ASIC chip related threads in the custom hardware forum,
look for threads from BKKCoins, Burnin, Bicknellinski, Terrahash and you will soon get the gist of it all.

cheers,
kev
realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:02:02 AM

You look like you have no clue at all about anything. Please for the love of God go read up about these things before you end up just losing all your money.

If you weren't going to give me any suggestions or help at all why did you even bother to comment your remarks were far from funny but thanks for the attemt at humor
realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:04:47 AM

Take no notice,
Just start reading some of the ASIC chip related threads in the custom hardware forum,
look for threads from BKKCoins, Burnin, Bicknellinski, Terrahash and you will soon get the gist of it all.

cheers,
kev

I will find these threads and do some reading thanks for the help
realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:07:51 PM

If you weren't going to give me any suggestions or help at all why did you even bother to comment your remarks were far from funny but thanks for the attemt at humor

Because even if I were to give you a thread or drop names to look for, they would be useless as you most likely know nothing about the risks of trying to attempt mining bitcoins.
You want me to refer you to somewhere? How about you read up how mining works first. That's a good start.

http://codinginmysleep.com/bitcoin-mining-in-plain-english/

Then you read up "Avalon ASIC". There's threads all over here. Once you've got the gist of it, then you can move onto Avalon Chips and by then, you should pretty much already know what to look for. And don't forget the most important part. Difficulty and power usage. You're here to find profits ain't you not?

There's no longer such things as get rich scheme in the world of bitcoin mining. You have to realise getting into the game at this point means you're very likely to.... < ? >

You'll know the answer when you're done with your research.

you make too many assumptions ive already mined in the past with gpus but gpu mining is dead ive moved my systems to ltc mining and im trying to find info about other types of systems to mine btc this is supposed to be a help forum correct? i dont need you comment anymore if you're going to continually try make assumptions or be 'smart' with your remarks have a good day
realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:32:20 PM

Want to hear something smart? At this stage in the game, it's already too late to be even looking at Avalon chip-based miners.

This is not a help forum / tech support. It's a discussion forum.

thanks for the input you can stop commenting on this thread now thanks
flyonwall

Activity: 250

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 01:33:22 PM

Yes, you need to mount those chips on a PCB board, and there at least 3 available designs described in this forum:
1. Burnin's board, 20 chips per board -- at least 5GH/s per board. This is ideal if you are in Europe, but you are in the U.S. so you have to factor in shipping, handling, and tariff costs.
2. BkkCoin's Klondike board, 16 chips per board -- at least 6.5GH/s per board. There are several companies/groups offering this board. Terrahash would be your best bet I think.
3. Avalon clones, 10 chips per board -- at least 2.5GH/s per board. This is what I offer if you have Avalon chips. You send your chips to my manufacturer in Cleveland, OH, and then I put your card in one of my systems here in Washington. You get your Bitcoins shipped to you, not the miner itself. I host your card in a system that is located in Chelan, WA where electricity is dirt cheap. For details, please check out my thread (the link to which is in my signature below).

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:08:58 PM

282 MH/s each, 10 or 16 per board.
steamboat is the assembler in Florida.

fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:26:11 PM

Yes, you need to mount those chips on a PCB board, and there at least 3 available designs described in this forum:
1. Burnin's board, 20 chips per board -- at least 5GH/s per board. This is ideal if you are in Europe, but you are in the U.S. so you have to factor in shipping, handling, and tariff costs.
2. BkkCoin's Klondike board, 16 chips per board -- at least 6.5GH/s per board. There are several companies/groups offering this board. Terrahash would be your best bet I think.
3. Avalon clones, 10 chips per board -- at least 2.5GH/s per board. This is what I offer if you have Avalon chips. You send your chips to my manufacturer in Cleveland, OH, and then I put your card in one of my systems here in Washington. You get your Bitcoins shipped to you, not the miner itself. I host your card in a system that is located in Chelan, WA where electricity is dirt cheap. For details, please check out my thread (the link to which is in my signature below).
I think the hash rate estimates here are a little off.
The Burnin 20 chip board will hash at least 7GH/s and probably more like 8GH/s (This board will be the best for over clocking).
The Klondike K16 will hash at under 6.5GH and probably more like 5.0GH to 5.6GH/s.
The clone 10 chip boards should be able to hit 3GH/s to 3.5GH.
This is my best guess after following all this since last April.
I think all 3 options are good and want to thank the developers for their efforts.
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:37:59 PM

First one:
My English is not so good, but EVEN I can't read this kind of text:

Just one "?", maybe you can use some punctuation?
Or you just have some kind of diarrhea, that words just come in bunch?

And as answer to your question:

Avalon Asic Chips make 256 mh/s without overclocking. Currently best overclocking was done by Burnin(450 MH/s). Cost - in GroupBuys: 0,086 Bitcoins Availability: Easy. Currently shipped: Only Zefirs batch 1, as i know. Totally ordered about 1million chips and only 10k delivered.
Look for SebastianJu:s groupbuy thread, there is link to topic with all devs with boards.

ButterFlyLabs Asic Chips - FORGET THEM. BFL is cursed place.

BitFury Asic chips. Currently best chips. 1 chip does about 3,5 Ghash/s as i remember. Power usage is about 10 times lower than Avalon Asic Chips.
You can find info by using forum search.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: