Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP: Retweet links. They dont exist. Copy Link to Tweet = FAIL  (Read 85 times)
beezle (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:39:58 PM

It seems like we've all been pasting ineffective retweet links. Please explain or prove me wrong if you can.

As you probably know, many projects use web forms to collect info from us. For many airdrops it is common to ask us to follow their Project on twitter and to retweet a specific tweet.

Proof of our retweet is usually required and we are supposed to provide a link to our retweet.

It is my observation that there is no such thing as a "retweet link" and that we have been doing nothing more than giving a link to the original tweet.

Am I correct in this observation?

When using the Android Facebook app to retweet the common advice given is after retweeting go to your profile and you'll see the tweet you just retweeted. Tap the downarrow under, "You Retweeted", and choose, "Copy link to tweet."

This is supposed to be our "retweet link" but it is not and probably never has been.

Doing this gives me a link to the original tweet and it's the same link for you too. In fact it doesn't even matter if I retweet it or not because the link isn't unique to me and doesn't contain my twitter username. It does not llink back to me in any way. It doesnt even prove that I have a twitter account.

Cvetka

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:23:56 PM

Hey man. You'll break the system. Stop. We all know about it  Grin
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:07:17 PM

Hmm, what is the purpose of the question? That is how twitter works, no? Under the tweet statistics, one should be able to tell the account that retweeted the tweet?
If you need a link that link back to your account that use "quote tweet" function.

Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:22:56 PM

It seems like we've all been pasting ineffective retweet links. Please explain or prove me wrong if you can.

As you probably know, many projects use web forms to collect info from us. For many airdrops it is common to ask us to follow their Project on twitter and to retweet a specific tweet.

Proof of our retweet is usually required and we are supposed to provide a link to our retweet.

It is my observation that there is no such thing as a "retweet link" and that we have been doing nothing more than giving a link to the original tweet.

Am I correct in this observation?

When using the Android Facebook app to retweet the common advice given is after retweeting go to your profile and you'll see the tweet you just retweeted. Tap the downarrow under, "You Retweeted", and choose, "Copy link to tweet."

This is supposed to be our "retweet link" but it is not and probably never has been.

Doing this gives me a link to the original tweet and it's the same link for you too. In fact it doesn't even matter if I retweet it or not because the link isn't unique to me and doesn't contain my twitter username. It does not llink back to me in any way. It doesnt even prove that I have a twitter account.

You are absolutely  right,  I also can't get any logic in doing that.  The only explanation of these actions is that they have special soft, which can observe those who retweeted and match with your data provided

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:15:00 AM

You are correct, and the most annoying aspect of it is when some bounty managers say nothing during the bounty period and then at the end say you needed to quote tweet to qualify, yet the rules clearly stated retweet.  I've been burned on a few of them this way.

What I've learned from this - if the stakes don't get updated weekly, ASK THE BOUNTY MANAGER TO CLARIFY what is actually required.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: