Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:06:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] RFCPool.com  (Read 22050 times)
Pontius

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 07:49:18 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2011, 11:48:32 AM by Pontius

As MMC closed over sudden its doors yesterday I switched to this pool and after my first day of mining I must say I'm loving it here. Great website and stats and even better: 24h of mining without a single stale share. Cheesy Keep up the Good work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jezzz

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 09:07:02 PM

As MMC closed over sudden its doors yesterday I switched to this pool and after my first day of mining I must say I'm loving it here. Great website and stats and even better: 24h of mining without a single stale share. Cheesy Keep up the Good work!

Awesome!  Tell your friends.  The more the merrier!
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 09:46:46 PM

There's some kind of sorcery  Huh going on with the stales.  I just don't get it.

Cheesy
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 01:20:58 AM

I want a cool banner thingie Sad
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:30:36 PM

I want a cool banner thingie Sad

So just add it Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Pontius

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:23:57 AM

Ok, conclusion after 6 days: the stale rate is still awesome (0.03%) but the pool seems to kind of unlucky. The last three blocks took longer then they should have. But hey, luck is a lady, I guess I'll stay.  Wink
Caesium (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 09:08:26 AM

Three blocks isn't much to go on statistically.
One thing I need to do is make it easier to work out our luck over any defineable timeframe but I'm not sure how to implement it yet.
If someone gives me a decent idea on how to represent it then I'll code it up Smiley

Those graphs which show a moving line of luck on recent blocks aren't bad, but I kind of want a number rather than a graph, IYSWIM

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 12:05:27 PM

One thing I need to do is make it easier to work out our luck over any defineable timeframe but I'm not sure how to implement it yet.
If someone gives me a decent idea on how to represent it then I'll code it up Smiley

Those graphs which show a moving line of luck on recent blocks aren't bad, but I kind of want a number rather than a graph, IYSWIM

Some ideas (if you really can't be dealing with charts):

1. Number of blocks found in last time period (week, month whatever) compared to expected
2. CDF (like Slush's pool)
3. Average shares per block/difficulty

I  think the best looking thing would be a density plot of all round lengths compared to other pools, like this:

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pontius

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:26:04 PM

LOL. Did I say something about bad luck? Never mind.  Grin
Jezzz

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:21:45 PM

LOL. Did I say something about bad luck? Never mind.  Grin

That'll teach you
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 06:29:39 AM

Like BTCG   % above or below diffculty - was calculated per  difficulty ( was like that before they went pps)
They Also had 24h luck but I guess thats only good for a very big pool.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 06:58:14 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2011, 08:01:00 AM by organofcorti

How about average number of times a share was paid over the x number of blocks? For a pplns pool i think that's your best indictor of luck.

for example your luck from block 8 to block 17 was 1.09 or 109%

edit: unless you change N again in which case you'd be better of showing (average payouts per share)/N to keep average luck at 100%.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 02:29:06 PM

I just died a little inside

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Pontius

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 10:04:23 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2011, 01:44:15 PM by Pontius

Website and API is down, maybe more but I can't check from my mobile.

Update 13:38h: Pool seems up and running again but now my unconfirmed balance is wrong; pending payouts for blocks #45 and #46 are missing. Please check.
Caesium (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:48:01 PM

Yep, sorry, fairly major issues overnight and this morning, sorry about this. Our first serious downtime since we started though.

I'm aware of blocks #45 and #46 showing incorrect payouts, I'll fix this shortly.

Caesium (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 01:32:12 AM

Closing down the pool (yes, again).

Two main reasons:
a) I believe bitcoin is dying a slow protracted death, with falling hashrates and falling values it's only a matter of time before it's gone entirely.
b) we had server issues which led to the outage earlier on today, but believed them to be fixed - sadly not and we're now at a state where the pool server won't boot properly, and given my position on a) I'm not willing to invest any more time in fixing this and carrying on running it just to have it all for nothing in what I suspect may be a matter of weeks.

There was one block which hadn't confirmed yet, once it has I'll get it paid out. All remaining balances will be paid out.

It ain't coming back this time, thanks for the hashes over the past few months.

rennex

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 01:45:32 AM

Pool's closed due to AIDS
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 07:22:09 AM

Two main reasons:
a) I believe bitcoin is dying a slow protracted death, with falling hashrates and falling values it's only a matter of time before it's gone entirely.
b) we had server issues which led to the outage earlier on today, but believed them to be fixed - sadly not and we're now at a state where the pool server won't boot properly, and given my position on a) I'm not willing to invest any more time in fixing this and carrying on running it just to have it all for nothing in what I suspect may be a matter of weeks.

There was one block which hadn't confirmed yet, once it has I'll get it paid out. All remaining balances will be paid out.

I do understand your position, but why all the ..."lets make these cool graphs", "maybe time for some redundancy" etc..
It didn't seem that this is the direction you were going...
Oh well, I have no luck...  every small pool I've joined has closed down... maybe it's me...
Maybe i should join deepbit and see If I can do them the same Wink

Good Luck to you all at RFC

Martin Armstrong
hmblm1245

Activity: 628

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 01:11:59 PM

Two main reasons:

I do understand your position, but why all the ..."lets make these cool graphs", "maybe time for some redundancy" etc..
Oh well, I have no luck...  every small pool I've joined has closed down... maybe it's me...

You can always join simplecoin.us. dont mean to thread crap but in this case it might be OK. Thanks for your pool.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 02:17:32 PM

You can always join simplecoin.us. dont mean to thread crap but in this case it might be OK. Thanks for your pool.

I'm sorry to hear this pool is gone.  It was pretty good on paper and, were it not for the grace period for stales, might well have been my main pool.

Smaller pools come and go but many of them are easy to join and often provide better average income than the big pools.  If you like PPLNS then mineco.in is decent.  If your more interested in the merged mining then be advised that there are still teething issues so you should look carefully at the pools recent performance before joining.  Both simplecoin.us and yourbtc.net have merged mining with unhoppable reward systems at 40 GH/s or so (simplecoin.us offers PPLNS and yourbtc.net uses DGM).

Always consider recent uptime and luck before joining a new pool.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: