Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Geeks we host your miners!  (Read 534 times)
coingeeks (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 09:22:20 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 12:45:04 AM by coingeeks

Hey Everyone,

I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves.

We are Coin Geeks, a colocation company specializing in hosting miners. We are partnered with one of the biggest dedicated hosting companies in the United States (WebNX). We have a 100,000 sq. ft. facility with 3 megawatts of power and the ability to add a lot more. Our facility is based in Utah and is ready to host a tremendous amount of miners. Our network infrastructure has 17 providers in the mix, giving us plenty of redundancy and paths to and from other networks. Here's a quick summary of some of the perks/feature of hosting with us:

Until 08/01/18 we're running the following promo:

First 10 slots; take 50% off FOR LIFE ($74.5/kw)
Next 10 slots; take 40% off FOR LIFE ($89.4/kw)
Next 20 slots; take 30% off FOR LIFE ($104.3/kw)
Next 40 slots; take 20% off FOR LIFE ($119.2/kw)

Size: 100,000 Square Feet
Power: 3MW (with ability to add TONS more)
Network: 17 providers over our MPLS backbone (Los Angeles, Utah, New York)
Insurance: 5M through our comprehensive BOP (theft, fire, water, and more)
Support: Manned 24/7, 365 - fully managed!
GPU's and ASIC's Welcome!: We can host literally any type of miner you'd like to send over

Additional Features:

Real-time Power Monitoring
Free OpenVPN Connection
100% Power Uptime SLA
99.999% Network Uptime SLA

You'll be seeing a lot more of us around these part and we hope that you'll check out our site and service offerings! If there is something you don’t see, send us an email, and we will be happy to answer any questions. Looking forward to talking with you guys!

PROOF!!  Grin

https://imgur.com/a/cVqnM

Thank you,

Coin Geeks
Email:sales@coingeeks.io
Phone:1-385-626-0297
https://coingeeks.io/  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:08:36 AM

And your site is?
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 07:20:56 AM

Hello Shova,

Our site is located here: https://coingeeks.io/   Let us know if you have any questions! We are happy to help!
Coins4Days

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 01:53:21 PM

You guys are living my dream. I reside on the east coast in PA, our electricity is around $0.13 per kwh. Where do you guys point the hosted miners to, what pool? Or is that up to each owner? With your amount of space, perhaps you could become a cloud mining venture in the future. I would love to buy a few S9's and have them shipped straight to your location. If only I could afford such things! I wish your team the best with coingeeks, what you are doing is amazing to me.

xderek

Activity: 76
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:46:54 PM

Definitely looking to host a miner near Washington and other states.
The proof while is awesome and full of personality, it does not show your identity and who the owners are.
Would like to know more about the owner and the collaboration with the company webnxt
Also, there are plenty of hardware, is this prior to starting the company, for other clients, or is yours. Thanks
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 01:53:57 AM

The proof while is awesome and full of personality, it does not show your identity and who the owners are.
Would like to know more about the owner and the collaboration with the company webnxt
Also, there are plenty of hardware, is this prior to starting the company, for other clients, or is yours. Thanks

Hello!

Our identities are honestly really easy to search for (HINT; our corp is registered in Utah), we just didn't feel the need to blast it out to the world.

We've got a TON of social media content lined up, where you guys will probably see us on video and in pictures. We've got several livestream events planned out for after the holiday season, and we'll be posting announcements about them once things are ready.

We'll talk among ourselves a bit about how comfortable everyone is putting together a bio of sorts, I totally understand where you're coming from and we want our clients to feel comfortable with us.

The hardware you're seeing is basically a mix, and most of it falls under WebNX. We have client-owned hardware, and we have our own hardware. I'd say the ratio is about 20/80 client/ours.

If you look at the pictures of the row of racks with the Avalon 741's in them, those stuff are all clients that are under Coin Geeks.

Let me know if there's anything else you think we can do to improve or work on!

Thanks!

<3
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 02:03:15 AM

You guys are living my dream. I reside on the east coast in PA, our electricity is around $0.13 per kwh. Where do you guys point the hosted miners to, what pool? Or is that up to each owner? With your amount of space, perhaps you could become a cloud mining venture in the future. I would love to buy a few S9's and have them shipped straight to your location. If only I could afford such things! I wish your team the best with coingeeks, what you are doing is amazing to me.

Hey Coins4Days,

We were really lucky in having some awesome partners at WebNX who were nice enough to give us the opportunity, but if we didn't ask them, this never would have happened!

We provide our clients with a private VPN, that they use to decide for themselves where their miners point to. Of course, we could also do all the configuration ourselves if that's OK with the client.

I really appreciate your kind words. We're going to be sending you some good energy and vibes so hopefully you'll be able to get into the action as well!

Thank you very much!

<3
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:22:11 AM

Good service! Can you also host Proof of Capacity cryptocurrencies like Burst? The miners are really the hard drives. They use less energy than the traditional Proof of Work coins, and I dont see it occupying more space either.
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:24:50 AM

Good service! Can you also host Proof of Capacity cryptocurrencies like Burst? The miners are really the hard drives. They use less energy than the traditional Proof of Work coins, and I dont see it occupying more space either.

Hey pinkflower,

I don't see why not. As long is it's in a tower or rackmount style chassis, we can colocate it for you.

I think we actually have a few 24 HDD port chassis' laying around. If you want, shoot us an email at sales@coingeeks.io with your desired specs, and we can look at getting one online for you as a dedicated server.

Or, if you've got a chassis or drives, we can look into doing colo or either or both.
taserz

Activity: 801
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:17:46 AM

What would the cost be for lets say 16 antminer S9's per month? Any discount if we prepay out 3-6-12 months? Do we need to ship psu's too?

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 09:31:29 AM

What would the cost be for lets say 16 antminer S9's per month? Any discount if we prepay out 3-6-12 months? Do we need to ship psu's too?

Hey taserz,

We ARE currently offering discounts for pre-payments, and you can check out our calculator on our site: https://coingeeks.io

We round pricing to the highest average power usage levels for each device, actual pricing comes in lower.

Customers need to provide 100% of their equipment, so you would need to ship your PSU's.
taserz

Activity: 801
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:40:06 PM

Hey taserz,

We ARE currently offering discounts for pre-payments, and you can check out our calculator on our site: https://coingeeks.io

We round pricing to the highest average power usage levels for each device, actual pricing comes in lower.

Customers need to provide 100% of their equipment, so you would need to ship your PSU's.

Okay I put a request in for a quote. Is there a possibility to get a private vlan if we have like 30 miners hosted and a vpn on that vlan or a vps to manage profit switching?

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
xderek

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:33:32 AM

Hello!

Our identities are honestly really easy to search for (HINT; our corp is registered in Utah), we just didn't feel the need to blast it out to the world.

We've got a TON of social media content lined up, where you guys will probably see us on video and in pictures. We've got several livestream events planned out for after the holiday season, and we'll be posting announcements about them once things are ready.

We'll talk among ourselves a bit about how comfortable everyone is putting together a bio of sorts, I totally understand where you're coming from and we want our clients to feel comfortable with us.

The hardware you're seeing is basically a mix, and most of it falls under WebNX. We have client-owned hardware, and we have our own hardware. I'd say the ratio is about 20/80 client/ours.

If you look at the pictures of the row of racks with the Avalon 741's in them, those stuff are all clients that are under Coin Geeks.

Thanks!

<3

That sounds pretty open to clients, definitely looking forward for the streams.
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:33:02 AM

Hey taserz,

Okay I put a request in for a quote. Is there a possibility to get a private vlan if we have like 30 miners hosted and a vpn on that vlan or a vps to manage profit switching?

We don't use VLAN's to segment VPN traffic. Basically; each client receives a /24 (or larger) address allocation. Your VPN user/pass is then associated with a specific /32. Then through firewall rules, we open access to your specific address allocation, and drop requests to anything else.

TL;DR

You get VPN access to your hardware, that is isolated from everyone else, and only you can access.
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 06:32:07 PM

Hello!

Thanks!

<3

That sounds pretty open to clients, definitely looking forward for the streams.

Sweet! We're excited you guys are excited ^_^

Any ideas on the appropriate forum to post the social media announcements in?
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 06:28:07 AM

Yes, of course... People are looking for these hosting companies... telegram, bitcointalk... etc. especially gigawatt section
I have antminer d3... about billing, is it one time hosting bill and then each month payment for power usage if i am correct?

also could you give more info/details on this? thanks

The math for your Antminer D3 breaks down like this:

1.2 (kw) * .10 (facility+power charge) * 24 (hours) * 30 (days) + 127 (service charge).

That number is EVERY MONTH. However, power usage usually comes in lower than the estimated averages, and so we typically will end up issuing a credit for the underutilization.

>also could you give more info/details on this?

What exact information are you looking for? You can run a search and figure out exactly who we are VERY easily.

Thanks!
xderek

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:45:26 PM

Sorry. I sent mail to webnx but they are probably in the holly days. Other place i dunno where to search for credibility. I see you guys try your best, but facts are solid. I will keep searching and also figure the cost if would worth at current difficulty. Thank you.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:46:41 PM

Yes, of course... People are looking for these hosting companies... telegram, bitcointalk... etc. especially gigawatt section
I have antminer d3... about billing, is it one time hosting bill and then each month payment for power usage if i am correct?

1.2 (kw) * .10 (facility+power charge) * 24 (hours) * 30 (days) + 127 (service charge).

That number is EVERY MONTH. However, power usage usually comes in lower than the estimated averages, and so we typically will end up issuing a credit for the underutilization.

What exact information are you looking for? You can run a search and figure out exactly who we are VERY easily.

Thanks!

$127 service charge per month? which mean around $4.2 per day, it's pretty big.
You keep saying your identity is really easy to find, we will find out about it later.
But, how about some pictures and videos about your colocation place, ASICs or whatever you got in your facility?

One thing that really annoying.
Can I visit the facility?
Unfortunately, we are not giving tours of our facility at this time. We will be doing live streams on a fairly regular basis, so you can follow us on social media for the latest!

People will send their mining hardware but can't visit your place? People will trust you if they can visit your place.
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:50:13 PM

Thanks!

$127 service charge per month? which mean around $4.2 per day, it's pretty big.
You keep saying your identity is really easy to find, we will find out about it later.
But, how about some pictures and videos about your colocation place, ASICs or whatever you got in your facility?

One thing that really annoying.
Can I visit the facility?
Unfortunately, we are not giving tours of our facility at this time. We will be doing live streams on a fairly regular basis, so you can follow us on social media for the latest!

People will send their mining hardware but can't visit your place? People will trust you if they can visit your place.

There are plently of photos on our website (https://coingeeks.io) of the facility and the current build out.

As far as visiting the facility goes; it's not a question of US wanting to do it.

Our insurance policy dictates that no one besides staff members are allowed on the premises. This means that if we were to allow customers to visit the facility, we would be in violation of said policy, and that would put all ours clients' hardware in jeopardy.
coingeeks (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 02:11:09 PM

Sorry. I sent mail to webnx but they are probably in the holly days. Other place i dunno where to search for credibility. I see you guys try your best, but facts are solid. I will keep searching and also figure the cost if would worth at current difficulty. Thank you.

Hey xderek,

No sweat. We completely understand.

You might be a better fit with one of our competitors.

You can try to contact one of them through their websites located here:

United States of America

http://bitcoinasichosting.com/
https://www.blocktree.tech/#bitcoin-miner-hosting
http://www.asicspace.com/

Canada

http://www.cryptoboreas.com/index.html
https://miningcolocation.com/

Georgia

http://www.cryptoinvesthub.com/prices.html

China/Mongolia

https://www.thehedgecoingroup.com/miner-hosting