Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:40:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good time to start buying bitcoins? Today at 09:12:42 PM  (Read 121 times)
joaopm33 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:52:39 PM

Im a newbie both in this forum and the cryptocurrency subject, so I had been reading a lot and studying in the last couple weeks.But I still have some doubts. I always see people saying that there is a bubble in the bitcoin market and that there are many people who own big ammounts of bitcoins and can manipulate the market, so i dont know if now its a good time for a person who doesnt own any bitcoins yet to start buying then (i planned to hold them for a long time, not trading beetwenn exchanges) or if i should wait more. I also see fear about corrections and dont know well how those work and if they have an specific time to happen. Anyway, sorry for my bad english and thank you for the replies, even though I know im te only one responsable for my money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
garry.koel

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:55:42 PM

Im a newbie both in this forum and the cryptocurrency subject, so I had been reading a lot and studying in the last couple weeks.But I still have some doubts. I always see people saying that there is a bubble in the bitcoin market and that there are many people who own big ammounts of bitcoins and can manipulate the market, so i dont know if now its a good time for a person who doesnt own any bitcoins yet to start buying then (i planned to hold them for a long time, not trading beetwenn exchanges) or if i should wait more. I also see fear about corrections and dont know well how those work and if they have an specific time to happen. Anyway, sorry for my bad english and thank you for the replies, even though I know im te only one responsable for my money.

I also think that is a great time to buy bitcoin. I wish I had enough money to invest at the moment.

20K USD level was very strong support so that level pushed it back strongly but now it is time for btc to answer.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:01:02 PM

I wish I had enough money to invest at the moment.
20K USD level was very strong support so that level pushed it back strongly but now it is time for btc to answer.

You really need to stop paying attention to the strong support barriers, they are useless and you can not speculate the price based on support barriers, just use that kind of analysis for currency pairs such as eur/usd gbp/usd, they are more useful in there.

And regarding to the Op, there is a huge dip coming right now / a little correction, i suggest you that if you have some usdt on your balance right now, then go and buy some bitcoins right now.

The price is below $17,2k at the moment, are you seriously going to miss that chance?

i am trying to see it touching $15k so i can buy at a good rate
Brandtvig

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:04:51 PM

If you’re holding the Bitcoin for a long time, and If you really believe in Bitcoin an you’re not just in it to make some extra cash, then anytime is a good timme to invest. People have been saying that Bitcoin is a bubble for years. Tulips here and tulips there and so on. But people said that the internet was a bubble, too. People said e-mail was a bubble. You can’t compare Bitcoin to something of the past, because it is the future. To summarise: If you’re keeping Bitcoin for a long period of time, and you believe in it, you can buy whenever. If you want to, you could wait for a dip, but I would suggest hopping on the train while it’s still under $20k. Good Luck!
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:19:38 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 11:01:09 PM by Hydrogen

To buy or not to buy could boil down to an interesting trading discussion.

Is the latest decline in btc price the result of a dump(sell off) or is it a market correction? There could be an interesting fine line separating the two. If it is a sell off, the price could recover quickly as soon as the dump ends. In which case, buying would be the right move.

The second option says price declines are a "market correction". Its interesting to note that corrections may be something which occurs moreso in equities or stock trading than they do in bitcoin or trading of precious metals. Market corrections are associated more strongly with things like quarterly earnings expectations and press releases and forecasts. There's more causality that goes with price corrections in stocks, etc.

Market corrections in bitcoin are much more difficult to pinpoint. They tend to be associated more with forks, SEC announcements regarding bitcoin ETF's, miner activity and other things. If bitcoin's recent decline is a market correction, then its probably not a good idea to buy in if the price movement indeed reflects bitcoin's current status quo rather than a higher proportion of selling in trading volume.

In summary.

If its a price decline from a sell off or dump: Buy. The price will rebound when the sell off ends.

If its a price correction: Don't buy. The price isn't likely to rebound soon and could decrease further.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:26:12 PM

Even now, with that huge, really huge price it's not bad time to buy bitcoin, because it will grow!
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:26:57 PM

Firstly, welcome to the crypto world. I have around 3 years of experience in crypto market. So I will recommend you not to wait before investing in bitcoin. However, don't invest all your money at once. Instead take a systematic approach. Invest a certain amount of money at a certain interval. It will let you accumulate bitcoin at various price points which will average out your investment price and lower your portfolio risk.

Also diversify your portfolio. Don't invest all money in bitcoin only. Try some other cryptos like ETH, LTC or whatever you feel best. Diversification will help your portfolio in hard times. So don't wait for the right time to invest in cryptos, because the current price point may not come back again.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Ostsmorgas

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:29:21 PM

it's always good time to buy bitcoin, a month ago i was unsure if i was going to buy more or not.
I bought on all time high then and now it's worth more than dubble  Wink
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:31:48 PM

If you think in long term, anytime is good to buy.
But for now, bitcoin did a correction to $16k~17k is a good chance to buy if you believe that price will increase above $20k.
Just remember to HODL it even if the price decrease in a short term.
cryptonomics_dealer

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:33:07 PM

The best way for you is to invest just a little, to understand how it works. And only then make desicion - make big investment or not.
Look at the altcoins - investment in them has higher risks, but you can get bigger profit, comparing to bitcoin, which is more stable.
dilmocoiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:33:33 PM

it will always be a good time for as long as bitcoin hasn't reached it's full market potential. Don't listen to people who tell you you shouldn't buy because the price is too high - they've been saying that since january. Also there's no need to fear buying in an all-time-high, and there's no reason to wait for a dip. If you try doing that, the price may simply go up and never come back to where you were aiming to buy. And you'll be the fool looking for the next dip (which may actually be higher than today's high)

the only "analysis" that I take seriously is: will cryptocurrency be extremely important for mankind in the future? If so, buy some whenever you have the money. And screw the short term variations.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:33:54 PM

At this moment the price of the bitcoin decrease and it's now 17k dollars it decrease 2k dollars last few hours ago. But even the price decrease you cn buy more bitcoin because for sure after few hours it will increase again maybe you will see the price of 19k dollars again and you will be happy because possible to become 20k dollars before end of this year 2017. So you can buy bitcoin with your extra money.
Captimiz

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:36:51 PM

This price has dropped by almost $1k in an hour. People are thinking the bitcoin bubble has burst and are panic selling. But, the rise in bitcoin price is due to difficulty increase and in most certainly not a bubble. Now would be a great time to buy BTC. Just look at the trend, its clear bitcoin is on its way up. I personally think it won't truly crash until it hits the $50k mark.

tazza42

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:42:25 PM

Co-founder of Bitcoin.com has said hes sold his stock and invested in bitcoin cash as bitcoin is too slow and unusable.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:00:32 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 10:33:45 AM by HasHe

Bitcoin is not a bubble.It has strong demand among traders and also it is too used as payment in japan.So,even its price falls,these demands would not let it fall.Since you want to hold bitcoin for a long time,then you need not have to care about the short time fluctuations in its price.As the price has fallen a little bit now,you could wait for some more time to see if we could get some lower price.But bitcoin has not disappointed its investors unlike altcoins and that's why it is trusted by people all over the world.Usually,bitcoin investments are made in long term basis and short time volatility in the bitcoin price should not be taken so seriously.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:49:04 AM

Just purchase them if you have money in your Bank account. There is a lot of coins left to purchase on exchanges.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:59:03 AM

Bitcoin just dropped. In my opinion, now would be a great time to invest. It is going to plateau for a week or to, but as mainstream media starts reporting on more things happening relating to bitcoin, people will start wanting in. Along with the newfound interest in Bitcoin Cash, I can see bitcoin hitting $25k in the next few months.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: