Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:57:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Receive Money in BTC anonymously?  (Read 2518 times)
qiuness (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:58:18 PM

Hello,

I am selling some stuff online and want to avoid receiving the cash to my bank account since payments from outside the country are flagged automatically and thus i have to pay taxes. This would be no problem, but i despise the government who are stealing in broad daylight. I mean it got to a point where they are not even hiding it. (quick example: building a highway is tricky, when politicians find out about the exact route, buy up cheep land and then sell it 10 fold using taxpayers money. Or open up a firm under a poor guy's name, pay a contractor for a job, in my case 30 000 dollars and then refuse to pay the materials and manpower by declaring bankruptcy. In this particular country nothing at all happens to you. It makes me sick).

Anyway not turning this into a debate. I want to be able to either receive the money safely in EUR/USD or the better choice, in BTC. For ex. using a QR Code the buyer pays in USD and i receive BTC?

I'd appreciate any ideas, but please don't start a: this is illegal, you should not do that. I`m sick of getting ripped off by people and even when i engage the police i am being told "that person is to dangerous for us to investigate"

Thanks
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EmperorBob

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 10:25:55 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 10:55:05 PM by EmperorBob

If you make a new address with your wallet of choice, then, as long as you don't spend it, no one can tell you own it.
Of course, the buyer will know who you are, and know where they sent the money, so they can associate one with the other, but then again they could also just report you.

Then it becomes a matter of how anonymous (and paranoid) you want to be.
If you spend the coins, someone who's watching your internet traffic could determine you are the creator of the transaction, and therefore the owner of the coins.

If you spend a some of the coins directly at a business that's tracking purchases they'll know whatever information you give to them, and be able to associate it with the spending address.

Further obfuscation is possible if needed.
It would help us if you told us how worried you are about someone tracking your bitcoin usage.

EDIT:

Ok, it seems you want the buyer to be able to pay in fiat. I don't think there's a service that allows for that yet. Mostly because the intermediary would be extremely vulnerable to chargeback fraud.
tymothy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:38:52 PM

If you make a new address with your wallet of choice, then, as long as you don't spend it, no one can tell you own it.

Also if you hand off the entire wallet file to someone else, either physically with a flash drive/CD or by email or some other file transmission service you can effectively "spend" BTC without creating any sort of record in the blockchain.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:37:10 PM

There are several answers. It depends on your location, your customer's location, and the currency used in the transaction. Just use BTC for all your transactions and your problem is solved. Create a new wallet for your business, get the money through an anonymizer before you send it to your main wallet, and that's it.

If your transactions are done in $ or €, it's a bit more difficult. That money should go from your customer's pocket to an exchange in the customer's country. The exchange will then send you BTC.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:08:39 PM

Check my sig for cashing out anonymously.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: