Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2019, 01:01:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X-POST [ANN][FUNDED] Electrum for Android - Native Edition - Final funding week  (Read 497 times)
harningt

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:15:28 PM

X-POST From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242767.msg2575779

Just posting up, we are in the final week of funding for my Electrum for Android - Native Edition project! Fund raising is scheduled to end July 31st, however I can extend it if necessary.

Litecoin support so far has been funded as a stretch goal, there are many other neat features to get put in the release as well if sufficient funding is raised.

See http://e4a-ne.blogspot.com/2013/07/final-week-of-funding-quick-project.html for more details about what's going on.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Though pre-emptively, one of the common questions asked is what makes this different than the Electrum for Android project with UI based on Kivy: I am writing this from the ground-up in Java/Dalvik for multiple purposes:

• Keep it lightweight.
  • Have a Java Electrum library for external consumption.
  • Able to design-in multiple wallets and multiple coins instead of working into existing design.

In fact, originally I hadn't known about the Kivy one (or really what Kivy was) until starting the fund-raising process. I had intended to solve many of the UI and usability problems that the Electrum for Android project that used the android scripting layer, such as label support, key import, and ability to get notifications. So now the goal is to reach my promised features, then take it further and try to outrun the other wallets w/ other features.

Speaking of features, if I pass all the existing stretch goals, I'll consider adding NFC support if I hit 25 BTC (need many funds directly to get necessary hardware for this) Smiley - not setting in stone, but if the stretch goals are passed, I'll certainly put the research in for coming up with feasibility and whether reaching the 25 BTC level is appropriate for the feature... it should be... but don't want to provide false promises. Note that if someone just wants to jump the project up to the level, a pledge up to the 30 BTC level would guarantee up front that NFC will make it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.