Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:21:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Guy Coinbase  (Read 197 times)
Jeezy911 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:16:34 AM

Ok I know a lot of trolls out there are gonna hate hard and if you use coinbase as a daytrader you will have mad tears, but can we for once recognize that they are the most successful company ever created by Bitcoin?

I have left my coins in Coinbase for like 5 years or so including during the 2 main Forks recently and thought, "oh well I don't feel like messing with it for the BitcoinCash.
Well today, to my surprise coinbase added BTC cash and basically just added the value to my account and I would like to say thanks because that was a super cool thing to do I like that company.

/Jeezy

pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:14:04 AM

Yes i also think so Coinbase is good for reservation BTC, ETH, LTC.etc i can trust it for its activity. There are 2FA which give me more secure to reserve BTC.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:24:57 AM

Yes i also think so Coinbase is good for reservation BTC, ETH, LTC.etc i can trust it for its activity. There are 2FA which give me more secure to reserve BTC.

I'm sure they'll be adding a lot more security protocols since they were hacked more recently. It's their way of letting their users know that they are doing their best to keep all of the money secure.

Regardless, I still believe it's best to use some kind of hardware wallet because it removed that persistent risk of someone hacking into an online system and stealing the coins. Using an online wallet makes you a bit more vulnerable to that, but hey, at least they're trying their best to make it as secure as possible.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:22:20 PM

Coinbase halts Bitcoin Cash transactions amidst accusations of insider trading
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/20/16800940/coinbase-bitcoin-cash-fork-insider-trading-probe

ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:03:16 PM

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/20/16800940/coinbase-bitcoin-cash-fork-insider-trading-probe

Coinbase stopped all its transactions with the recently introduced Bcash cryptocurrency due to suspicions that its employees leaked information prior to the adoption announcement, taking advantage of the price increase. While the inquiries are being made, the operations with Bcash are suspended on the platform. so take precautions guys
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:05:26 PM

Using an online wallet makes you a bit more vulnerable to that, but hey, at least they're trying their best to make it as secure as possible.

Everything is all fine when the service is working properly, but what if there comes a time it doesn't work properly anymore? And it stays offline for days due to technical difficulties. I definitely understand how convenient it is to use Coinbase to buy and sell, etc, but what's all this worth if the aforementioned happens? Coinbase doesn't allow you to have control over your private keys, which is something blockchain.info is doing right. If blockchain.info for whatever reason remains offline for days, people at least will have always access to their coins due to their private keys, which isn't the case with Coinbase. Hardware wallets as suggested are indeed the best way to go, people should use their Bitcoin gains to get themselves one.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:20:31 PM

They halted trading bitcoin cash for a while so everyone is starting to miss the big thing that's happening with it.

they are the most successful company ever created by Bitcoin?

No question and no doubt about that, they are catering almost 100,000 new users everyday and an estimation of 1M+ users for just 22 days.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:52:34 PM

but can we for once recognize that they are the most successful company ever created by Bitcoin?

It's by far the most popular and wealthy business in the game, which is a great achievement for sure, but on the other hand also worrying. With Coinbase growing larger and larger, they more and more centralize the market they are operating, and the more important their end word will be when it comes to forks and various implementations. I see that people are massively ignoring/underestimating this, but it may turn out to work against us in the future. For that reason I strongly hope that the competition will up its game a notch or two, to snoop off a few extra percentages from Coinbase's already massive market share.
jumpinginjoe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:04:30 AM

It would be nice to see a real coinbase competitor take root.  They do a good job, but the community needs more reliable options.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:24:20 AM

Coinbase stopped all its transactions with the recently introduced Bcash cryptocurrency due to suspicions that its employees leaked information prior to the adoption announcement, taking advantage of the price increase. While the inquiries are being made, the operations with Bcash are suspended on the platform. so take precautions guys

Now coinbase is having a good shot to the eyes of bitcoiners but what really is not good is there employees themselves, I guess devs and admins should've address those employees that is ruining their trust rating and kick them out of the team. Yeah we can say that is good as of now but if it get's worst with the leakage,it could be a bad reputation to them.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:26:38 AM

Using an online wallet makes you a bit more vulnerable to that, but hey, at least they're trying their best to make it as secure as possible.

Everything is all fine when the service is working properly, but what if there comes a time it doesn't work properly anymore? And it stays offline for days due to technical difficulties. I definitely understand how convenient it is to use Coinbase to buy and sell, etc, but what's all this worth if the aforementioned happens? Coinbase doesn't allow you to have control over your private keys, which is something blockchain.info is doing right. If blockchain.info for whatever reason remains offline for days, people at least will have always access to their coins due to their private keys, which isn't the case with Coinbase. Hardware wallets as suggested are indeed the best way to go, people should use their Bitcoin gains to get themselves one.
And that is when the whole tongue lashing starts. I remembered when bittrex was the top on the list and then that fateful day came and then they decided to close down all the accounts of unverified users. I hope they continue this way as most exchanges always start right and then all of a sudden like an evil spirit hovering over them, they just find a way to quench the loyalty of their customers. Nice time to give the holders of BTC their bitcoin cash though, when the price is all up.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:37:12 PM

Ok I know a lot of trolls out there are gonna hate hard and if you use coinbase as a daytrader you will have mad tears, but can we for once recognize that they are the most successful company ever created by Bitcoin?

I have left my coins in Coinbase for like 5 years or so including during the 2 main Forks recently and thought, "oh well I don't feel like messing with it for the BitcoinCash.
Well today, to my surprise coinbase added BTC cash and basically just added the value to my account and I would like to say thanks because that was a super cool thing to do I like that company.

/Jeezy

Yeah,coinbase is a very popular and safest wallet but we can't use it to store vast amount of bitcoins because it doesn't have private key so it is easy to hack your wallet.So if your are storing small amount of crypto currency then it is okay to use coinbase.
Coinbase added BCH recently into their wallet service but they didn't add the feauture of buying and selling yet.I hope the trading option will be added soon.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

I'm sure they'll be adding a lot more security protocols since they were hacked more recently. It's their way of letting their users know that they are doing their best to keep all of the money secure.

Regardless, I still believe it's best to use some kind of hardware wallet because it removed that persistent risk of someone hacking into an online system and stealing the coins. Using an online wallet makes you a bit more vulnerable to that, but hey, at least they're trying their best to make it as secure as possible.
As long as the security is always beefed up and they have shown themselves to be a reputable exchange over the years, then that is enough to keep taking them to the top of their game. It is good though, knowing that they are really doing their best and I for one have been so happy with the way they have been handling things professionally and I really hope they keep up with that.

Coinbase is just an exchange and no doubt that they have been doing some pretty good job but they are not the only ones doing that and a lot of exchanges already did that a long time ago and you are really lucky that they did when the value of bitcoin has totally increased and blown the whole roof. I really wish I did not sell my free coins though, but it is all good.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:28:40 PM

I have also been using coinbase for a long time and I have never had a problem. There is no doubt to use coinbase and I am very satisfied using coinbase services.
vk279

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:14:24 PM

I used coinbase, didn't have any problems but never left my coins there.

Its better to have own control of our private keys.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: