Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Zcash Wallet Quit Working  (Read 170 times)
MrN1ce9uy (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:31:03 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 02:49:33 AM by MrN1ce9uy

*I just started with Zcash yesterday. So I'm kind of new to it.

Today my zcash4win wallet stopped working and will not sync. I restarted it and it says "daemon is taking longer than expected to start..."

What gives? Everything else is working, well except when I'm trying to mine BTG instead of ZEC I can't connect to the pool. But ETH and ZEC are mining great, just my ZEC wallet isn't working.

I'm mining other coins until I figure it out.

*Update: A new version was released 1.0.12 and the old version 1.0.11 won't work anymore. So I hear..
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:45:43 PM

you can always try other desktop wallet such as jaxx
i use jaxx for my zcash mining all the time
and never faced such issues
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:34:52 AM

you can always try other desktop wallet such as jaxx
i use jaxx for my zcash mining all the time
and never faced such issues

Jaxx Rocks! 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 04:30:14 AM

No!! Dont take the advice of other ppl in this thread and use Jaxx!! Its VERY bad! Atleast when i used it some months ago. For some reason (i think stealing) all the transactions dont show up on Jaxx. I counted one in fifteen mining rewards transactions did not show up in Jaxx, and was "LOST" (stolen) by Jaxx wallet.

I recommend Hardware wallet as Ledger Nano S. It supports Zcash.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:25:53 AM

No!! Dont take the advice of other ppl in this thread and use Jaxx!! Its VERY bad! Atleast when i used it some months ago. For some reason (i think stealing) all the transactions dont show up on Jaxx. I counted one in fifteen mining rewards transactions did not show up in Jaxx, and was "LOST" (stolen) by Jaxx wallet.

I recommend Hardware wallet as Ledger Nano S. It supports Zcash.

Lol ... You're an idiot.  Probably don't know how to do math ... Every payout that I see from the zec pool, is exactly the same as I see in my Jaxx wallet.  To each their own ... Do what you want to do.  If you're just holding, mine to a paper wallet that you created in an offline setting. 

If you're holding for the long term, hardware is the way to go. 

This guy is kinda stupid and doesn't know how to match application to purpose.  He will need to learn a lesson or two.

NEXT CALLER PLEASE!

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: