Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:43:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug: Signature flows over into the next post  (Read 740 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:20:18 PM

I guess this was reported before as it's in for months now but it's very annoying to read the forum on my mobile as the clipping of the signature doesn't work on it.  The sig just flows over and is rendered above the text of the next post so it often becomes illegible.

I have a Motorola Defy with AOKP and the browser claims to be "Browser version 4.1.1-eng. ashley.20120728.205759".

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:31:46 PM

I find it funny that guy who says he judges people based on sigs has giant annoying text in his, and is now complaining about sigs messing posts up... while still having giant text in his.

It sounds like it's a specific mobile browser issue, unless a bunch of people are affected it may not be worth the effort it would take to troubleshoot and fix it.
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

I find it funny that guy who says he judges people based on sigs has giant annoying text in his, and is now complaining about sigs messing posts up... while still having giant text in his.

It sounds like it's a specific mobile browser issue, unless a bunch of people are affected it may not be worth the effort it would take to troubleshoot and fix it.

Every user here has space for a sig. This sig serves a purpose, right? Most use it to advertise the one thing or the other and yes, it not necessarily serves a good purpose other than drawing attention to the one thing or the other aka diverting attention from the stuff being discussed aka reducing the focus on subjects.

Who is this mr. begging for tips important staff-guy to judge how I use this space when I report a bug? Why can't he think a minute about what the real problem is? Images are already forbidden. Why not forbid color and text size as well and format links with a more discrete underline instead of again color? And why not treat respectful those who take the effort to report bugs?

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:38:11 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 08:17:31 PM by escrow.ms

It's not a "BUG"  Most forums and even sites are not compatible with mobile phone browsing. That's it.

If you are having some problems with your browser, simply change it.

Download Opera or Firefox is it's available for your cell.

edit: I thought to try it in emulator.. http://www.browserstack.com

but defy isn't there Sad

Ps: I think theymos should get a theme coded for mobiles as he doesn't wants to install tapatalk.

Something like this http://smf-media.com/community/?thememode=mobile
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13088

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:59:29 PM

Ps: I think theymos should get a theme coded for mobiles as he doesn't wants to install tapatalk.

There is a mobile stylesheet. Shrink your browser window to see it. Suggested improvements are welcome.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:44:48 AM

There is a mobile stylesheet. Shrink your browser window to see it. Suggested improvements are welcome.

That doesn't actually show up on smartphones, because in absence of a viewport tag it will assume ~700px or so.

If you want it to show up on mobile devices (instead of just when someone shrinks their browser window):

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 02:27:25 AM

mobile stylesheet … that makes me think of some nice things I would wish to configure for mobile only:
* no avatars
* name between posts and not to the left
* no-sigs

ɃɃ
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 02:41:22 AM

mobile stylesheet … that makes me think of some nice things I would wish to configure for mobile only:
* no avatars
* no-sigs

Also a bigger button for next page, I don't know how many times I've hit all or some random page instead.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:40:44 PM

* no avatars
* no-sigs

Also a bigger button for next page, I don't know how many times I've hit all or some random page instead.
Definitely. I'm tired of clicking random pages.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 04:06:09 AM

For mobile it would be wonderful if the "Show unread posts since last visit. / Show new replies to your posts. / Watchlist" links were also present on the bottom of the page.

It really sucks to have to scroll back up to the top to access them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: