Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:01:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the huge drop in value - 15% as they say ?  (Read 238 times)
lankyman (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:37:14 AM

Hi, so now what on earth if going on with the price.
Lower than 17k , this is not great. It was killing past 19.500.

Any reason for this?

I would imagine these bitcoin future trading platforms getting involved is one issue.
Maybe im wrong

Love to know what you guys think here this is horrible for bitcoin, i would have thought the 20 barrier would have been broken by now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:48:30 AM

A cofounder of BTC said that BTC is useless and that people should invest into BTC Cash

Can you Newbies stop mixing up the facts?! This is simple shit to not get wrong.

There is no official cofounder of BTC. The founder of BTC is Satoshi Nakamoto...and he's made no such public statement. He hasn't made a post on this forum for 5+ years.

The cofounder of BITCOIN.COM the website, wallet, exchange, news aggregator and forum...someone who's been a HUGE supporter of Bitcoin Cash since June or July said....blah blah blah doesn't believe in bitcoin blah blah blah.

The hunch is that he's dumped his Bitcoin and bought Bitcoin Cash. He's running up the price to bring hype and attention to the benefits Bitcoin Cash has over Bitcoin's deficiencies.

Seriously, guys, get the fucking facts straight.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:55:07 AM

I think the future trading platform is more advanced from now on, and bitcoin prices will be much more expensive than now, hopefully we will find success in the future.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:56:09 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 06:08:41 AM by kevoh

Bitcoincash being listed on coinbase  and it's affiliated site for trading ,GDAX, is another factor for the dip. Coinbase is the leading platform for trading Bitcoin in the US but it's customers did not receive their bitcoin cash equivalent at the August 1 Bitcoin hard fork. With the recent announcement, that coinbase will start supporting bitcoin cash bitcoin started experiencing a dip.
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:01:04 AM

Let's also remind that the other co-founder of Bitcoin.com, Roger Ver, the judas who stole Bitcoin's name in various fashions, admitted that he wouldn't sell all his BTC for BCH, acknowledging the BTC's value, and that it's what it is, a value.

The reason he want BCH to take over, is that he bought a massive amount of BCH's when it was near 200, and now stupid sheeps are helping make him 20x richer.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:04:51 AM

It's just the market.   It goes up, it goes down.    The people who simply say it will only go up are just 'wishing' it up.   

sent from my X6
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:11:22 AM

Christmas must be one of the primary reasons for this correction currently. I also feel that coinbase adding bitcoin cash also seemed to have caused this correction. These kind of things are normal in this extremely volatile crypto market. This is how the market works. Don't be surprised if bitcoin touches 30k by the end of this year even after this correction. Make sure that you are willing to invest money which you are prepared to lose.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:15:11 AM

Forks over

Bitcoin future got listed

Miners started to support bitcoin cash.

Some traders started to take profit from bitcoin

Coinbase listed bitcoin cash and one guy who used to be bitcoin cash supporter from very start stated that he sold all his bitcoin but who knows how much he is still holding.  Grin

All this might have affected the price of bitcoin, it will recover soon.
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:19:54 AM

Bitcoin Cash rally. It happened a few weeks back too when BCH had a rally,  BTC fell badly,  then BTC had rally and fucked every other altcoin.
CryptoKranthi

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:21:49 AM

Forks over

Bitcoin future got listed

Miners started to support bitcoin cash.

Some traders started to take profit from bitcoin

Coinbase listed bitcoin cash and one guy who used to be bitcoin cash supporter from very start stated that he sold all his bitcoin but who knows how much he is still holding.  Grin

All this might have affected the price of bitcoin, it will recover soon.

But all these effects are temporary on bitcoin. The rise will start again.
rzluetlhch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:22:20 AM

Probably because bitcoin rose too often a few days ago and needed to be fixed.

Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:24:50 AM

50 billion in market value was moved out of Bitcoin in a very short period today. As it dropped 4 billion went back in quickly. Sounds like the whales are having a frenzy, I was watching it I'll see if I can post the link
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:38:36 AM

Any reason for this?

I would imagine these bitcoin future trading platforms getting involved is one issue.
Maybe im wrong

Love to know what you guys think here this is horrible for bitcoin, i would have thought the 20 barrier would have been broken by now.

When bitcoin price goes up in a short period of time, you don't need a reasons? Man, that is part of being a volatile in crypto currency world, sometimes it will go up and sometimes it will go down to become balance. One thing is for sure, bitcoin value will recover again anytime soon!

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:46:50 AM

Not a big deal. What was that, a little more than a 10% drop? How much has Bitcoin grown the past few days? It's normal. It can't keep rising.

It may have something to do with another round of Bitcoin Cash FUD, as it seems to have been pumped again and all this noise about Bitcoin.com's co-founder. Honestly, this isn't a cause of concern. Things are going to correct themselves in a few days.

Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:49:51 AM

My bet BTC price drop connected with insane pump of BCH. People switching attention and diversify their portfolio.

Get-Paid.com

Activity: 1820
Merit: 386

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:51:02 AM

A cofounder of BTC said that BTC is useless and that people should invest into BTC Cash

Can you Newbies stop mixing up the facts?! This is simple shit to not get wrong.

There is no official cofounder of BTC. The founder of BTC is Satoshi Nakamoto...and he's made no such public statement. He hasn't made a post on this forum for 5+ years.

The cofounder of BITCOIN.COM the website, wallet, exchange, news aggregator and forum...someone who's been a HUGE supporter of Bitcoin Cash since June or July said....blah blah blah doesn't believe in bitcoin blah blah blah.

The hunch is that he's dumped his Bitcoin and bought Bitcoin Cash. He's running up the price to bring hype and attention to the benefits Bitcoin Cash has over Bitcoin's deficiencies.

Seriously, guys, get the fucking facts straight.

We saw it and we have decided to move to Bitcoin Cash.
We cannot make small payments to our users anymore with Bitcoin.

Payments we made 5 days ago are still pending, these are payments for $1.00 with fees of $2.00

Bitcoin is now officially useless for small payments.
Bitcoin Cash charges only $0.04 to send a payment in any amount which is reasonable.

We would probably make a big announcement about it in our site later on.
Please understand the CoFounder of Bitcoin.com might say "blah blah blah" in your own point of view but many businesses will follow suit, paying a $30 fee to send funds is simply unacceptable.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:52:07 AM

they are pumping bitcoin cash again and each time that happens they also dump bitcoin and nobody is complaining about it because you can short bitcoin while buy bitcoin cash and make a huge double profit in both markets while you know it will end soon and you go back to normal.

right now you can sell on top and buy back at the bottom and enjoy the bitcoin cash pump while it lasts. then buy back bitcoin at the bottom before the trend reversal happens.
it is a good market correction anyways. it make the market healthier in the end.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:58:00 AM

One good reason for this is traders are now on a profit taking stage. They are happy with their gains that is why they have sold their Bitcoin which also creates a ripple effect to the market making other Bitcoin holders to do the same.Also with Bitcoin is now 3500$ cheaper which can be an opportunity for them to buy back at a cheaper price. With how I personally observe how Bitcoin move this year every time that Bitcoin gets corrected   only time will tell that it will soon recover to its normal state.
justBorn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:01:58 AM

Any reason for this?

Maybe im wrong

Maybe whales? Smiley They're already hit the profit they want. They will come back don't worry just hodl your bitcoin. I saw there's a support ing 15k usd - 16k usd
lankyman (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:13:06 AM

Any reason for this?

Maybe im wrong

When bitcoin price goes up in a short period of time, you don't need a reasons? Man, that is part of being a volatile in crypto currency world, sometimes it will go up and sometimes it will go down to become balance. One thing is for sure, bitcoin value will recover again anytime soon!

I hope it does, i really hope it does.
Its very horrible to see it reach a stable 18.500 to 19.00 and now its 20 thousand weaker.

I just hope all the other forks dont distort the way of thinking of the current bitcoin miners/owners.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: