Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:08:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is DEAD for small payments, Bitcoin Cash is the FUTURE  (Read 1521 times)
Get-Paid.com (OP)

Activity: 1821
Merit: 386

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:56:19 AM

We cannot pay our members payouts via Bitcoin anymore, this is completely impossible.
We sent payments ranging $1 - $10 with fees of $2 - $6 already 5 days ago and these payments are unconfirmed.

We are going to change our approach and be among the first businesses that pay in Bitcoin Cash and stop paying in Bitcoin.
It's just impossible to work with Bitcoin anymore.

Are you guys wondering why people move to Bitcoin Cash? It's not only because of speculation, it's because Bitcoin in its current form is a dead zombie walking in Crypto land.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:00:33 AM

I am wondering about the reviews in the media. They show shops and restaurants, where people pay with Bitcoin. How do they get managed to transfer little amounts with lower fees? Maybe they have services with their own miners?
Get-Paid.com (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:04:45 AM

I am wondering about the reviews in the media. They show shops and restaurants, where people pay with Bitcoin. How do they get managed to transfer little amounts with lower fees? Maybe they have services with their own miners?

That's very interesting ... if you go to eat in a restaurant and pay $60 for a good meal, would you pay $40 in fees to pay the restaurant?

It's probably going to die anyway, you cannot use Bitcoin to make small payments ... the only ones who buy Bitcoin now is for speculation, and we don't want to affiliate our business with speculation, high fees, 5+ days to confirm small payments and more.

Bitcoin is dead for small payments, simply dead ... and it could be dead in general because it doesn't serve its purpose anymore.

If the fees in Bitcoin were measured by % with a cap (like PayPal does) then it would have been reasonable, if transactions would have been processed on a FIFO basis (first in first out) then it would have been reasonable - but the current shape & form of Bitcoin is just unfeasible.

And we have no interest to pump, dump or affect its price or value, our only interest is to make small payments without any hassles whatsoever.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

inturist

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:08:51 AM

Yeah Bitcoin is a store of value like Gold. Do you can use gold for daily payments? No.
Do you can shares for shopping? Threra a lot of good coins for small payment and daily use.
Jerusareth

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:12:34 AM

No doubt about it, that's why the price of Bitcoin Cash is rising as of the moment. Bitcoin must make a move fast about this micro transactions or else BCH will gain attention and worse surpass the original one. I miss the almost free tx's fees and faster sending/receiving of Bitcoin though.
Get-Paid.com (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:15:04 AM

Yeah Bitcoin is a store of value like Gold. Do you can use gold for daily payments? No.
Do you can shares for shopping? Threra a lot of good coins for small payment and daily use.

A few months ago we could use Bitcoin with reasonable fees and reasonable confirmation time.
It's no longer like that.

We don't care if it's virtual gold, similar to it or what's not.
All we care about is making payments to our users with reasonable fees and reasonable timing accordingly.

scs3jb

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:16:48 AM

IMO, without utility, its going to become worthless.  Utility is needed to keep the value high, incentivise miners and keep the network alive.

Feeds need to drop or the network won't survive this and you won't be able to get your money out when you need it.

Similarly, this undermines the aspects of the technology that make it worthwhile.  This is not a revolution without it challenging banking, and payments, and its real worth will tank in line with this.

Fees need to come down or be proportionate to the value of the wallet values rather than the size of the transaction.  Software changes are needed.
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:18:50 AM

Why is almost everyone fixated with micropayments? Bitcoin is what it is, if it could only be succesful when used for paying scones and pancackes, then it would not be where it is.

Nothing stops a cryptocurrency from rising to prominence in the micropayment Space without Bitcoin going anywhere. The economy is big.
Master1781

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:22:27 AM

Now BCC/BCH is about 20-25% of the BCC value. Does anyone think it would soon be valued at 0.5 BTC? Would BCC and BTC have the same value eventually?
scs3jb

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:23:08 AM

Why is almost everyone fixated with micropayments? Bitcoin is what it is, if it could only be succesful when used for paying scones and pancackes, then it would not be where it is.

Nothing stops a cryptocurrency from rising to prominence in the micropayment Space without Bitcoin going anywhere. The economy is big.

That's where its value came from, if its a piece of software that doesn't work, people will lose faith in it.  I think the system is under strain and there needs to be a solution.  Cutting this out will have a big impact.

You might not like the personalities behind it, but the utility of the coin is very, very important.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:27:33 AM

Which of them two has the highest transaction?

If people move to BCH, I'll just dump more of my fiat to BTC because BCH will also face the same problem sooner or later.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
Gategold

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:28:01 AM

This is really a big problem, the poor will not like to use bitcoin. But I think the richvpeople will still buy bitcoin for investment. May be bitcoin is only for elite people and the poor only can use altcoin. Bitcoin will never dead.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:29:33 AM

Utility of bitcoin is simply changing during the time where the network can't keep up.

When new scaling solutions are impelemented, people will be flocking back to bitcoin.

I do applaud you for going this route as it is the only sensible thing to do at the moment.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:30:49 AM

We cannot pay our members payouts via Bitcoin anymore, this is completely impossible.
We sent payments ranging $1 - $10 with fees of $2 - $6 already 5 days ago and these payments are unconfirmed.

I agree. I was surprise with the current rise in fee's. Yesterday, I want to transfer some from to cash it out today. However, the fees are insanely high.

We are going to change our approach and be among the first businesses that pay in Bitcoin Cash and stop paying in Bitcoin.
It's just impossible to work with Bitcoin anymore.

I don't know. I don't have bitcoin cash to begin with and I'm not sure if I'm going to support this coins. I don't trust the people behind it.

Are you guys wondering why people move to Bitcoin Cash? It's not only because of speculation, it's because Bitcoin in its current form is a dead zombie walking in Crypto land.

I don't think that they are moving though to used it as mode of payment. They are moving now because they are just pumping it and take profits just like the last time they did. Bitcoin is not a dead zombie, though its really becoming more of a investment rather than a true P2P that we all want it to be.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
scs3jb

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:31:51 AM

Which of them two has the highest transaction?

If people move to BCH, I'll just dump more of my fiat to BTC because BCH will also face the same problem sooner or later.
They will experience increase against fiat, but the fee is an order of magnitude lower.  They'd need a much higher price and/or a much higher transaction volume to match BTC.

The promise of a 1 cent fee forever is a lie, but i suspect they'll just increase the blocksize again if it ever gets too high.

They don't believe in segwit and lightning because they represent gaming, etc. and don't want potential auditing and restrictions imposed.  i think the fear is lightning networks could be forced to blacklist grey markets, who have carried bitcoin to where it is today
dreamer81

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:32:53 AM

hahaha... bitcash or whatever you call it, because it has nothing to do with bitcoin, is DEAD. It's an altcoin, made by a powerfull group, which is why they are able to pump the price so much, but it's nothing but a crap coin imo
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:34:28 AM

Ok, faucets and Co will also soon deny on BCH. They should use cryptocurrencies, that suite to their payment amounts. There are enough reliable cryptocurremcies like digibyte and Doge.
emuLOAD

Activity: 328

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:35:40 AM

This is really a big problem, the poor will not like to use bitcoin. But I think the richvpeople will still buy bitcoin for investment. May be bitcoin is only for elite people and the poor only can use altcoin. Bitcoin will never dead.

Why is it a big problem? You re making it out as if poor People are the "powerhouse" behind bitcoin. Why would you think that? If bitcoin no longer is for to be misused as a currency, then why not focus on btc as a commodity anmnd something else for small transactions.

Nobody buys Milk with sovreigns, yet they are perfectly fine
lady pink

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:36:30 AM

This has to be happened. Sooner or later the transaction issues, insane high fees and long-time taking confirmations is annoying. The best alternative for transactions is to choose Bitcoin Cash. It will grab the market cap slowly and gradually. It will go high.
Krishan_94

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:37:08 AM

Bitcoin is dead for payments now.. Its now for very high payments.. But we have sathoshi for small payments.. No need to worry.. Just enjoy btc..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: