Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:30:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs has the worst customer service in the world.  (Read 1653 times)
R04dRunn3r (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:45:48 PM

Butterflylabs has the worst customer service in the world.
I got a 25% discount voucher because I ordered in July. And I decided to use it, to buy a Jalapeno. So I ordered one and at the moment I was ready to pay, MS Internet Explorer went all ape sh1t. To keep the story short. I cannot order a Jalapeno with 25% discount now because BFL tells me I already used the voucher. I did not yet buy anything of them with the voucher so how can it be used already? I contacted BFL customer support and explained my problem and what went wrong. There answer: go F*ck yourself! . And I'm still waiting on my SC Little Single, that's not going to arrive before June 2015 or something like that.

BFL: Unfortunately not. It is a one time voucher.
ME : Can you revalidate it?
BFL: Well, that is why you cannot use it anymore. The voucher is not valid now.
ME : yes
BFL: Did you try to use this in another order?
ME : Thanks for quick reply. I have a voucher code BFL-IOS01xxx how can I use it? It tells me it's already used.
BFL: Payment was not funded. BitPay must have logged you out after 15 min of inactivity. Please place another order. That order is not valid anymore.
ME : My Internet went all crazy and I ordered the wrong item, I only want order# 10007xxxx and please change the payment to paypal. : Can you cancel order# 10007xxxx, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
D_Thomas

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:01:27 AM

I have a coupon too. But even with 25% discount I don't think it is possible any longer to recover the cost of the hardware with mining given the delivery delay for any new order. Maybe you are lucky the order did not go through.

For random acts of kindness donations to me:
1NXNnVYnfmgWUyzGCsngbwyHQbSJGV4wCV
razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 12:21:35 AM

Well actually they are bad but not the worst.
However your article is incorrect, specifically this "There answer: go F*ck yourself! "
I do not see this reply in any of your supposedly quoted communication with them.

Perhaps you should forget BFL and use the money towards  some English grammar lessons or maybe  a 'Ghost' hunter, to identify why your Internet is ordering items on your behalf..
Hmm.... Just how were those packets randomly generated.....

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:52:21 AM

Maybe CS has a similar attitude towards forum members as their COO does.

...  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be.
ElitePork
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:08:32 PM

I bought 2 jallies back in Aug 2012 and has not gotten any coupons for it. hmmm
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:16:15 PM

Butterflylabs has the worst customer service in the world.
I got a 25% discount voucher because I ordered in July. And I decided to use it, to buy a Jalapeno. So I ordered one and at the moment I was ready to pay, MS Internet Explorer went all ape sh1t. To keep the story short. I cannot order a Jalapeno with 25% discount now because BFL tells me I already used the voucher. I did not yet buy anything of them with the voucher so how can it be used already? I contacted BFL customer support and explained my problem and what went wrong. There answer: go F*ck yourself! . And I'm still waiting on my SC Little Single, that's not going to arrive before June 2015 or something like that.

BFL: Unfortunately not. It is a one time voucher.
ME : Can you revalidate it?
BFL: Well, that is why you cannot use it anymore. The voucher is not valid now.
ME : yes
BFL: Did you try to use this in another order?
ME : Thanks for quick reply. I have a voucher code BFL-IOS01xxx how can I use it? It tells me it's already used.
BFL: Payment was not funded. BitPay must have logged you out after 15 min of inactivity. Please place another order. That order is not valid anymore.
ME : My Internet went all crazy and I ordered the wrong item, I only want order# 10007xxxx and please change the payment to paypal. : Can you cancel order# 10007xxxx, thanks.

That's what you get for buying from a company that is run by a convicted felon and with a retard COO as Josh Zerlan aka Inaba Smiley

Synethstesia

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:51:30 PM

Well actually they are bad but not the worst.
However your article is incorrect, specifically this "There answer: go F*ck yourself! "
I do not see this reply in any of your supposedly quoted communication with them.

Perhaps you should forget BFL and use the money towards  some English grammar lessons or maybe  a 'Ghost' hunter, to identify why your Internet is ordering items on your behalf..
Hmm.... Just how were those packets randomly generated.....

This is awful. They are the Worst. They did, effectively tell him to go F%&K himself... He was using what we in the English language call a "Metaphor"... Strange that a grammar expert wouldn't know that, but here let me help you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

Have you never experienced computer malfunctions? He isn't saying his internet just randomly started ordering things... Lighten up dude.

And in response to the Original Poster, they are an awful crooked company and thats just part of the risk of dealing with them.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:50:42 AM

I dunno, in terms of the worst customer service ever this guy would be hard to beat.

So far no one at BFL has threatened people with rape or dismemberment.

They may be running a close #2, though.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:03:42 AM

I dunno, in terms of the worst customer service ever this guy would be hard to beat.

So far no one at BFL has threatened people with rape or dismemberment.

They may be running a close #2, though.

Inaba's "coat hanger" comment is right up there.

Buy & Hold
R04dRunn3r (OP)

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:05:18 PM

@Synethstesia,

Thank you.

@razorfishsl ,

Calm down dude!
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:21:02 AM

Internet Exploer?
No self respecting geek would ever be caught using IE. Huh
Chrome, Chromium for you Linux nerds, Firefox, Opera. any thing but that.
I would rather eat the boogers from a dead mans nose than to use Internet Explorer.
Ditch the malware magnet and use a real browser.

KIDC

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:58:16 PM

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

I got the 25% off coupon also. I appreciate the good intention by BFL but the other side of this is of course they're extremely unreliable with both delivery time and customer service. I made out on my last order (6 x 60 GH Singles, now delivered) by placing and paying so early on the first day of pre-orders and dealing with almost 13 months of nail-biting wait time. Unfortunately the same can't be said for most people and if history is any guidance then it's going to be a long time before they get through the previous year's orders. Even if BFL offered 75% off I doubt I'd be willing to take that offer. I wasn't going to bother ordering any more equipment as I considered it too risky to use BFL as a vendor again.

Instead I threw $8000 at Bitfury last week by way of MegaBigPower. I also paid with credit cards, so that if buzzdave goes back on his word to refund all orders if requested (highly unlikely) I can charge back anyway. Why would I deal with BFL again if I can go with somebody better? From a strategic standpoint I hope that BFL doesn't go anywhere as we need as much competition in this industry as possible, and I need the $18,000 in hardware I have to be repaired under warranty if there would be problems. But from an emotional standpoint I hope they disappear. I didn't have this attitude and gave them the benefit of the doubt with regard to their effort to get units shipped ASAP. But then we discovered that they were vindictively cancelling people's orders without their permission (most likely illegal) and exercising extreme disrespect for their (previously in my case) loyal, repeat customers such as yourself.

Other people had told me that once I got all this hashrate and started mining that I would forgive and forget BFL for all their wrongdoings. They were mistaken.

Edit: dat grammars

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: