Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:34:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia Code 12 error and freeze with more than 4 GPUs  (Read 161 times)
verhoven (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:17:40 AM

Hi guys,
Struggling for a week now to get my first mining rig working...

Hardware:
- Mobo Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2.0
- CPU Intel Pentium G3260, 3.3Ghz
- GPU Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (6 pcs)
- 8 GGB Ram Fury HyperX Kingston
- PSU EVGA Supernova 1600 G2

- Windows 10, latest version 1709 (so with fall creators update built in)

Setup:
- 6 cards connected via pci risers, which are powered by PSU and plugged in to mobo in relevant slots
- monitor hooked up via onboard graphics

Issue:
- code 12 (not enough resources) when plug more than 1 GPU
- system freeze if plug more than 4 GPUs (post BIOS, so i can enter Bios/Uefi, but right after it will freeze, i won’t see a windows loading screen)

What have i tried:
1. EVERYTHING (hope not and you will help with the solution)
2. Windows clean install and 2 clean reboots
3. Mobo cmos clean up: incl removing the battery
4. UEFI modifications: 1 gen; 2 gen; no sound; no usb 3.0
5. UEFI drivers update
6. Intel chipset drivers update
7. GPUs drivers installation from Gigabyte, Nvidia website (manual search and automatic system scan), Nvidia app. Always through clean install. Last days only after running DDU first
8. Windows modifications: updates off, performance settings to maximum, power settings to maximum (with pci power thingy (don’t remember what was that on OFF), virtual memory: tried ranges for min from 3000 to 30000 (so tried 16000 and 16384 and many other) and for max from 16000 to 60000
9. Installing GPUs one by one, all at once, 2*2*2 and all other possible combinations
10. Updating Windows before turning off updates
11. Before 2nd clean install of windows i have tried some registery mods...suggested on the web for mining
12. Exchanges pci risers between all the cards to verify which one is not working, looks like all work well when only 1 card installed...

I thinks that is it...Please help with advices as I am very close to kill windows and try ubuntu...which i don’t want as nicehash presumably coming back tomorrow and awesome miner works like a charm as well, but both only for windows....and i never dealt with Linux ...

Jivvi

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:44:43 AM

Hi,

can you please try Windows 1703.
Got that problem with my 6 1060's Windows 1709 crashed by installing gpu driver, after clean install it told me 2 from 6 cards Error 12.

Installed 1703 - worked like a charm.

Greetings
Golku

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:11:52 PM

I also have problems the same problem with Windows 10
going to try to update my Windows
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:32:23 AM

I just started using this board (got them cheap).  The only thing I had to do was turn off the onboard graphics, set to Gen1, increase the page file to 25-30gb.  Left everything else stock settings, never even used the drivers, just let Win10 setup (I use pro, not sure about other versions).  

You shouldn't have to be changing a bunch of settings.  Maybe reset the bios and start over.  

Personally, I would reset the bios, put in a 16x card on a riser, boot/turn off on board video and set to Gen1,  reinstall windows, install driver for the card (patch if modded), once this is up and running you can start adding additional cards.  Once I have the first card running I just shove the rest in there and re-install the drivers.  Been pretty easy so far....

Sometimes you actually try to trouble shoot too much and start getting mixed up on what you did and didn't do.  It may be time to start from the beginning.  

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:18:34 AM

I just started using this board (got them cheap).  The only thing I had to do was turn off the onboard graphics, set to Gen1, increase the page file to 25-30gb.  Left everything else stock settings, never even used the drivers, just let Win10 setup (I use pro, not sure about other versions).  

You shouldn't have to be changing a bunch of settings.  Maybe reset the bios and start over.  

Personally, I would reset the bios, put in a 16x card on a riser, boot/turn off on board video and set to Gen1,  reinstall windows, install driver for the card (patch if modded), once this is up and running you can start adding additional cards.  Once I have the first card running I just shove the rest in there and re-install the drivers.  Been pretty easy so far....

Sometimes you actually try to trouble shoot too much and start getting mixed up on what you did and didn't do.  It may be time to start from the beginning.  

lol 25gb to 30gb doesn't do you any good except affect performance, lemme guess you only have 4gb ram. what a noob

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:09:56 AM

Dude!
You have a good option: put as many cards as your card supports, and then you can buy a normal mainboard, Asus for example,  and build another rig with 6 cards.

verhoven (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:33:02 PM

I have done that 3 times...starting from the beginning, resetting bios and adding cards one by one.

So I have made a little progress - being a noob I have used youtube as a source to assemble my rig and i did not do what was not shown there - I have not powered mobo with/through a 4 pin molex. As soon as I did it, I could boot the system with all 6 cards. No freeze any more.
...Code 12 error is still there though...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: