Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Bullion Vault 3.0.0 set to launch soon... need new logo  (Read 661 times)
thebiglello

Activity: 45
Merit: 11

Crypto Manent

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 10:00:51 AM

As I said, I wanted to give it a try!

But I'd like to share with you some of my thoughts as a professional art director and designer before showing you the results.
We are talking about a logo here, but this is an actual restyling of your coin (brand), so it's not just the logo: it's about the way Crypto Bullion talks to his customers and buyers, its "tone of voice".

Therefore, let's start with the name: I think that the name Crypto Bullion is a little weak compared to other competitors'. If you take a look at the top positions of the cryptocurrencies chart, the coins have simple names

I designed the logo, its negative version (to use on dark background) and a few examples of application, to understand how the logo and brand image could work on different media: they are the splash page of an app, a background and a physical coin, after reading that FiniteByDesign wants to create one!

Let me know what you think about my proposal, hope you like it!

Yes, there is no way around this, you have a point! Love the idea of the "Bullion" - that name belongs to CBX.

I also like the logo; let's see what others think

I'm glad you agree and like the logo too!
Let's wait for the rest of the team  Grin

(My crypto graphics portfolio (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3453230.0))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:02:16 AM

But I'd like to share with you some of my thoughts as a professional art director and designer before showing you the results.
We are talking about a logo here, but this is an actual restyling of your coin (brand), so it's not just the logo: it's about the way Crypto Bullion talks to his customers and buyers, its "tone of voice".

Therefore, let's start with the name: I think that the name Crypto Bullion is a little weak compared to other competitors'. If you take a look at the top positions of the cryptocurrencies chart, the coins have simple names (quite always they are just a single word); if you take out clones created by forks, in the first 10 positions you have: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Cardano, IOTA, Dash, NEM, Monero. And I could go on, but I think you got the idea: the winning names are simple, short and easy to memorize. As a professional, I'm sure that Bitcoin is the top player also because of its perfect naming! I understand the reasons why you included the word crypto in your name back in 2013, but years have passed, cryptocurrencies have grown in popularity worldwide, and that need may no longer exist.
Luckily for you, you have a great solution at hand! You can easily switch from Crypto Bullion to just Bullion, keeping CBX as the short name. This makes it possible for the market to know it's the same coin we are talking about while realizing some major changes are going on. And that is the main purpose of a restyling (rebranding)!

Talking about the design, my main goal was to create a modern logo, able to communicate the technology behind the coin and the seriousness of the project. Like you suggested, the logo I designed is a stylised bull: the bull is, according to me, a perfect choice since it is a symbol of power, the symbol of the market growth and strentgh, and you can find the word bull hidden in your name! I designed a symbol that is indeed a bull but that, being so simple, becomes some sort of an abstract shape, a memorable corporate logo with a contemporary touch.
I chose a modern sans serif font, with characteristic lines and recognizable geometries. It is bolder than the previous one and italic: this helps to communicate that it is sophisticated digital store of wealth.

I designed the logo, its negative version (to use on dark background) and a few examples of application, to understand how the logo and brand image could work on different media: they are the splash page of an app, a background and a physical coin, after reading that FiniteByDesign wants to create one!

https://ibb.co/d54rZw

I also made a screenshot of the all cryptocurrencies chart, to show how the logo works if very small, and how it feels compared to the competitors' logos.

https://ibb.co/iqCEMb

thebiglello,

WOW! Excellent logo, font and naming suggestion. I think you are right on target with all of this, thank you!

I agree these are excellent points and fit precisely with what we are aiming at (re-establishing CBX as a top 10 crypto).

I am not sure if this was by design, but your logo submission in addition to being a bull, also looks like a suit tie - further emphasizing the professional appearance desired.

Again, excellent work, I am impressed.
thebiglello

Crypto Manent

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 12:11:37 PM

thebiglello,

WOW! Excellent logo, font and naming suggestion. I think you are right on target with all of this, thank you!

I agree these are excellent points and fit precisely with what we are aiming at (re-establishing CBX as a top 10 crypto).

I am not sure if this was by design, but your logo submission in addition to being a bull, also looks like a suit tie - further emphasizing the professional appearance desired.

It's great to read your feedback elambert, I'm happy I've got your brief (and your situation) right and you like my logo and suggestions!
The suit tie is a happy coincidence, but it is definetely true and helps communicating your values Grin
I tried to make it resemble a keyhole too but I needed the pointing down angle of the bull's face. But I think you can still see (or feel) the keyhole in the logo a little bit!
But the important thing is the bull is there, standing powerful and recognizible!
 Grin

Thanks again for the nice words, hope this will be Bullion's new logo!
 Wink

(My crypto graphics portfolio (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3453230.0))
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:06:01 PM

thebiglello,

It's great to read your feedback elambert, I'm happy I've got your brief (and your situation) right and you like my logo and suggestions!
The suit tie is a happy coincidence, but it is definetely true and helps communicating your values Grin
I tried to make it resemble a keyhole too but I needed the pointing down angle of the bull's face. But I think you can still see (or feel) the keyhole in the logo a little bit!
But the important thing is the bull is there, standing powerful and recognizible!
 Grin

Wink

I did notice the keyhole in the logo as well, very cool. These images/logos that incorporate multiple images into one are amazing. Real talent you display here.
thebiglello

Crypto Manent

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:39:18 PM

thebiglello,

Grin

Wink

I did notice the keyhole in the logo as well, very cool. These images/logos that incorporate multiple images into one are amazing. Real talent you display here.

Yeah, these kind of images work on different levels, at first you see only one thing, then more... And you can't unsee them anymore!

FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:52:57 PM

Really like this: https://ibb.co/d54rZw  Shocked

Whilst I cant say i'm a massive fan of the logo on the metal background the one with clean lines and a while background looks brilliant! - kinda like a key or a Tie - both things we want to associate with the project imo Smiley

A logo re-brand will do CBX the world of good, also quite like the bullion text with the =b being a little bit Bitcoin'ie - further hinting at the Crypto element...

FR

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:59:46 PM

I also made a screenshot of the all cryptocurrencies chart, to show how the logo works if very small, and how it feels compared to the competitors' logos.

This would indeed look very good on a physical piece! Looking forward to seeing how this is received...

Sending you a PM

thebiglello

Crypto Manent

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:06:10 PM

Really like this: https://ibb.co/d54rZw  Shocked

Whilst I cant say i'm a massive fan of the logo on the metal background the one with clean lines and a while background looks brilliant! - kinda like a key or a Tie - both things we want to associate with the project imo Smiley

A logo re-brand will do CBX the world of good, also quite like the bullion text with the =b being a little bit Bitcoin'ie - further hinting at the Crypto element...

FR

I'm glad you like it!
The metal coin is just a mock-up of a real life coin, it's always the same logo but used on different surfaces, media, etc.
The =b is a little touche that gives more depth to the logotype, happy you noticed Wink

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:11:23 PM

Therefore, let's start with the name: I think that the name Crypto Bullion is a little weak compared to other competitors'. If you take a look at the top positions of the cryptocurrencies chart, the coins have simple names (quite always they are just a single word); if you take out clones created by forks, in the first 10 positions you have: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Cardano, IOTA, Dash, NEM, Monero. And I could go on, but I think you got the idea: the winning names are simple, short and easy to memorize. As a professional, I'm sure that Bitcoin is the top player also because of its perfect naming! I understand the reasons why you included the word crypto in your name back in 2013, but years have passed, cryptocurrencies have grown in popularity worldwide, and that need may no longer exist.
Luckily for you, you have a great solution at hand! You can easily switch from Crypto Bullion to just Bullion, keeping CBX as the short name. This makes it possible for the market to know it's the same coin we are talking about while realizing some major changes are going on. And that is the main purpose of a restyling (rebranding)!

Talking about the design, my main goal was to create a modern logo, able to communicate the technology behind the coin and the seriousness of the project. Like you suggested, the logo I designed is a stylised bull: the bull is, according to me, a perfect choice since it is a symbol of power, the symbol of the market growth and strentgh, and you can find the word bull hidden in your name! I designed a symbol that is indeed a bull but that, being so simple, becomes some sort of an abstract shape, a memorable corporate logo with a contemporary touch.
I chose a modern sans serif font, with characteristic lines and recognizable geometries. It is bolder than the previous one and italic: this helps to communicate that it is sophisticated digital store of wealth.

LOVE IT!! Cheesy

Like your idea of the rename to Bullion also. Really bang on in your reasoning.

Had to repeat myself a few times when suggesting Crypto Bullion to friends and relatives.

Simply 'Bullion' is a great idea.

You have my vote on this.

Great design and rebrand idea.

Nice work!!
thebiglello

Crypto Manent

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 04:16:43 PM

LOVE IT!! Cheesy

Had to repeat myself a few times when suggesting Crypto Bullion to friends and relatives.

Nice work!!

Thank you sir!
I'm really happy about these feedbacks , they mean a lot

malafaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:51:49 PM

LOVE IT!! Cheesy

Nice work!!

Thank you sir!
I'm really happy about these feedbacks , they mean a lot

Bull, keyhole, tie, =b. I like it.
Top notch, thebiglello! Grazie!
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:23:52 PM

Very good!  Smiley
Cbx.Bet

Activity: 152
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:03:03 PM

like a lot of people here I love the idea and the logo Smiley
Would it be possible to see it in any color other than turquoise, just to see if another color makes it better.

thebiglello

Crypto Manent

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 08:13:39 PM

Bull, keyhole, tie, =b. I like it.
Top notch, thebiglello! Grazie!

Prego e grazie a te, malafaya!

Very good!  Smiley

Thanks! Grin

like a lot of people here I love the idea and the logo Smiley
Would it be possible to see it in any color other than turquoise, just to see if another color makes it better.

Yes it's possible!
I already tried some other colors and this one was my favourite, but I'll try some other palette later  Wink

aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:02:43 PM

really nice logo Cheesy

if everyone is happy i would not try anything more..

this re-branding would be super nice Cheesy good job

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:49:04 PM

Yes, gets my vote! - tho if we are going to re-brand the rest of the wallet (colour scheme, font and style all need heavily updating to a light, minimalist, prof. theme) no more black / dark "Hacker" theme - sends entirely the wrong message :/

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
redalert11

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:33:28 PM

How many cbx will be required for a Masternode?
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:34:56 PM

How many cbx will be required for a Masternode?

Please look at the discussion in the main thread.

you need 2000 CBX for a MN.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
Crxpto

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:12:31 AM

Hello, are you still taking logo submissions? I have a few ideas that I can mockup that could be a great fit for this. Lmk

Regards,

Joe/Crxpto
crxptoinfo@gmail.com
VonSpass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:27:30 AM

Hello everyone, thanks for participating/following this thread about the next CBX logo.

By unanimity, thebiglello wins with his logo and name change concept, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2619125.msg27094366#msg27094366

The logo, or a slight variant of it, will be used for CBX, the question being discussed now is if we will also change the name from "Crypto Bullion" to just "Bullion".

thebiglello, please contact me by PM with your CBX deposit adresses and we will send you 150 CBX.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: