Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any software? that let anyone to make 1000's of bitcoin forks easily and run it.  (Read 89 times)
watzdaz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:21:41 AM

Hi,

Lately I've seen all the duplicate(in a sense it was made without the consensus of majority of Bitcoin dev and community) Bitcoin forks, such as Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin gold and Bitcoin diamond rise in value so high that many poorest people who are living under $2 a day could just wish they hold only one of those. How could someone make a clone of original Bitcoin forks, tweek it, use the same name by adding some gibberish trailing text and make it worth millions? For me that's stealing. I personal don't support any Bitcoin forks out there that uses Bitcoin name. Bitcoin fork such as Litecoin is fine. 

I'm fairly new to blockchain technology and been trying to get into nuts and bolts of Bitcoin. I've to admit with my limited knowledge on code, it's not easy to create Bitcoin fork.

What I'm thinking is, if there is software that can let anyone to create Bitcoin forks  easily within minutes and run it. People should get a fair chance. They might name it, Bitcoin Cash Pak Pak, Bitcoin Gold Ratatouille, Bitcoin Diamond Yabadabadoo and Bitcoin F**, D**, A**, whatever. I really want to see what happens. I think the sooner it happens the better for Bitcoin community.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:07:31 AM

There have been a couple of satirical altcoins already, like Useless Ethereum Token and JesusCoin.

A satirical fork might do surprisingly well, if you use a lot of meaningless jargon and talk about how you're intending to solve some non-existent problem.

It will take at least a little bit of work though.  I highly doubt that anyone will make software to do it easily, and you'll have to implement replay protection.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: